Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

One more LaVar Ball hashtag out of you ix and you're going on ignore.

It's just summer league but this group of rookies look amazing so far. 

Between Lonzo, Tatum, Fox, Smith Jr., Jackson, etc. we've seen some awesome performances. The little we saw of Fultz looked great too.

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

It's just summer league but this group of rookies look amazing so far. 

Between Lonzo, Tatum, Fox, Smith Jr., Jackson, etc. we've seen some awesome performances. The little we saw of Fultz looked great too.

You should have stopped at "it's just summer league." None of these performances mean anything. Same as spring training, same as NFL preseason games. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You should have stopped at "it's just summer league." None of these performances mean anything. Same as spring training, same as NFL preseason games. 

That's an insult to preseasons.  It's even less than those.  Summer league is even a couple steps below the NBA preseason.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How do you think the competition in the SL compares to an NCAA team like Kentucky or something?

It's sloppier due to these guys not having familiarity with one another for more than a week or so before the games start.  It's not saying college hoops is any better, because that product stinks at time....but I don't think inflated stats or sub-par play during SL is any indicator of success going forward.  That being said, Lonzo did show me some positive things over the past 2-3 games.  I still think he's going to have his work cut out for him, but the potential is clearly there.

Also, Knicks are dumb....hope for their sake the PG they drafted out of France turns out to be a stud...because DSJ on the Mavs looks like he's a healthy version of Derrick Rose/Baron Davis. 

I would bet the house that I don't own because I'm a millennial for whom the American Dream of home ownership is out of reach that Minnesota doesn't finish higher than San Antonio.  They should make major strides this year but that means becoming a low seed.  They still have to learn to walk.  Top 5 seeds should be the same 1-3 as last year and OKC at 4 and the Clippers at 5.  Utah, Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, Portland, and maybe Dallas will have to battle for the final 3 spots.

They should contract Brooklyn and move Memphis to the East.

21 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Pretty much. The 2018 NBA champions were decided when KD chose to stay in Oakland and Curry got extended. 

Pretty much. 

As much as I bandwagon on Lonzo they're still miles away from competing for the West. The Warriors are just going to sweep everyone in the west next year too. This league is all about building super teams. Nobody you can bring up in the West can beat the Warriors. No, not the Spurs. 

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

People said Thibodeau would do wonders with the Wolves but what did they do in 2017? Why should I believe in 2017-18? 

They have two terrific young players in Wiggins and Towns(Towns could be a legit MVP candidate this year). They added Jimmy Butler, Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson, and Jamal Crawford. They're a young team on the rise. They'll make the playoffs in the West and you heard it here first will give the Warriors their toughtest test in the postseason.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They have two terrific young players in Wiggins and Towns(Towns could be a legit MVP candidate this year). They added Jimmy Butler, Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson, and Jamal Crawford. They're a young team on the rise. They'll make the playoffs in the West and you heard it here first will give the Warriors their toughtest test in the postseason.

So that young team and not the Spurs who came the closest to handing the Warriors their first loss against a Western team? 

Just now, ixcuincle said:

So that young team and not the Spurs who came the closest to handing the Warriors their first loss against a Western team? 

The Spurs are an aging team and have they really done anything to improve this off season?