Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

16 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Good read from SI about NBA Jam: https://www.si.com/longform/2017/nba-jam-oral-history/index.html

I used to break backboards and set those nets on fire with Hillary Clinton and Hugo Hornet on Sega Genesis.  When I could actually get the right codes in during the loading screens.  **** was harder to pull off than Mortal Kombat fatalities.

That article was awesome, thanks for posting that.  Gonna see if I can find a place to play an online version.  

People thought that Lonzo's ceiling was Jason Kidd without ever asking the question if that made him worthy of being a second overall pick.

Because in today's NBA Jason Kidd is just a guy.  Being a tall pass first PG who can't shoot and doesn't score makes you Michael Carter Williams now, not Magic Johnson.

Lonzo can shoot though. That wasn't where the Kidd comparison made sense. He didn't shoot it well yesterday in SL, but in general shooting is not his problem.  He showed NBA range at the college level and has some consistency in the mid range.  Much better than Kidd was as a shooter coming out.  Magic too, for that matter.

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lol maybe he still waiting for KD?

Not holding my breath on that one, would be the equivalent of a sympathy f*** if he comes in twilight of his career.  

Wall's already said he wants to see what our Front Office does before signing an extension, but I think boils down to if we can sign Cousins in Summer 2018.  Wall will have one year left on his contract at that point, so I'm not worried about him and Cousins deciding to form a super team together in the same offseason.

I'm alright with offering an extension like that to try and call his bluff, but I'll believe the threat is real if he doesn't sign it, proving its not about money at this point.

Edited by Renegade7

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone who makes judgments on a player based on Summer League is dumb. It is so completely meaningless it isn't even funny.

Lonzo can thank his daddy for this.

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone who makes judgments on a player based on Summer League is dumb. It is so completely meaningless it isn't even funny.

Playing well in the summer league is meaningless.  Playing badly against SL level competition is concerning.  

That said, a single summer league game on its own is entirely meaningless.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone who makes judgments on a player based on Summer League is dumb. 

You make judgments on shaky ground literally all the time. That being said, i agree in theory.

Nobody should really care if you are a top pick and light it up against d league dudes and greenhorns. But a dud would give me pause

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hope Fultz is ok and that it's nothing more than a simple ankle sprain.  I know he's playing for Philly but I'm rooting for the hometown kid.

It looks to be just a sprain, but you seriously can't make this **** up. RGIII,  Manny Machado, Embiid, Simmons and now Fultz? We can probably even throw Bundy in the mix. 

This has gotten ridiculous.

lonzo BALL BOYS #BBBrepresent

https://sports.yahoo.com/lonzo-ball-drops-triple-double-054830863.html

Saturday night in a sold-out Thomas and Mack, Ball showed his promise and looked more comfortable than the night before putting up a triple double — 11 points, 11 assists, and 11 rebounds. He shot 5-of-13 from the field. You can see his impact on the pace of the Lakers’ offense, and how they attack in transition.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If Ollynk was overpaid ...what is Otto porter? 

Also overpaid, along with so many others in the NBA where salaries have gone insane.  Poor front offices are bidding up the prices for mediocre players.  Look at which teams are placing big bets on RFAs and you'll see three names pop up:  Nets, Kings, and the Knicks.   

RE Summer League, keep in mind that our local **** Ghidorah--Javale McGee, Nick Young and Andray Baltche--used to rock out in the SL on the regular. And maybe I'm misrembering but I swear there was even one year (i think his 4th in the league) where Baltche went just because he knew it was the one place he could clown fools (Or so he said. Probably just trying to get Swaggy P's Vegas-style sloppy seconds.) Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. 

But yeah, balling out in summer league is ****. On the flipside though, no excuse to look like garbage. One game is one game though.