Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

The second biggest winners tonight in the Paul George trade are the Washington Wizards. They don't have anything to improve the team and now that George is heading to OKC, the gap between the Cavs and Celtics isn't that big anymore.

Even if Heyward signs with Boston (Which I start to doubt less by the day) as of now the East is still:
1.Cleveland
2.Boston
3.Washington

(Which doesn't matter because all three would get swept by the Warriors in the Finals. ?)

Bruh what are you talking about y'all still ain't beating the Cavs till LeBron leaves. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm getting a really goofy vibe from Embiid.

Philly desperately needs to trade for some hard assed veterans with locker room credibility.

C'mon man...dude is just having fun on Twitter. 

Next you'll probably say the team needs Larry Brown as a coach LOL. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

C'mon man...dude is just having fun on Twitter. 

Next you'll probably say the team needs Larry Brown as a coach LOL. 

That's definitely not the first dumb thing he's said or done.

They need a guy with some credibility to teach him how to be a pro.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Teach him how to be a pro?  He's doing nothing wrong! 

Maybe someone should reach out to CJ McCollum as well...yanno, since he always has an emoji response to NBA news.  Someone to "teach" him how to be a pro and all, right? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Teach him how to be a pro?  He's doing nothing wrong! 

Maybe someone should reach out to CJ McCollum as well...yanno, since he always has an emoji response to NBA news.  Someone to "teach" him how to be a pro and all, right? 

The kid's constantly tweeting dumb and childish stuff and saying dumb stuff in interviews.  It's natural for young players to be unprofessional and immature, but it is an issue Philly needs to address sooner rather than later.  Philly is basically an expansion team right now.  The Magic were an expansion team with a bunch of talented but immature young guys at the beginning of their careers.  Shaq was goofy as Hell and barely took anything seriously.  So they got some hardened veterans like Scott Skiles and Tree Rollins and Horace Grant that helped show Shaq and Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson the way.

Wasn't enough in the end.  Immaturity got them swept by the Bulls and eventually broke that Magic team up.

Embiid needs a mentor.  He's been in the NBA for three years and has never seen how a credible vet goes about the business of being a successful NBA player.  The Wizards went through a similar issue with Wall, who was far more mature than Embiid.  So they brought in Nene and Gortat and Ariza and Okafor and Pierce and Dudley to show John how to be a pro.  And it worked.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The kid's constantly tweeting dumb and childish stuff and saying dumb stuff in interviews.  It's natural for young players to be unprofessional and immature, but it is an issue Philly needs to address sooner rather than later.  Philly is basically an expansion team right now.  The Magic were an expansion team with a bunch of talented but immature young guys at the beginning of their careers.  Shaq was goofy as Hell and barely took anything seriously.  So they got some hardened veterans like Scott Skiles and Tree Rollins and Horace Grant that helped show Shaq and Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson the way.

Wasn't enough in the end.  Immaturity got them swept by the Bulls and eventually broke that Magic team up.

Embiid needs a mentor.  He's been in the NBA for three years and has never seen how a credible vet goes about the business of being a successful NBA player.  The Wizards went through a similar issue with Wall, who was far more mature than Embiid.  So they brought in Nene and Gortat and Ariza and Okafor and Pierce and Dudley to show John how to be a pro.  And it worked.

Man, relax. He on social media in the offseason joking around. When he plays, we know he serious.

Just don't read his tweets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

let him rock, kid obviously works hard

not getting int trouble with the law, just having a fun

his personality should not be neutered in any way.

• Like 3

If they make the playoffs this year, I'll be quiet.  But I look at that roster and see too many post-1992 birthdays.  I think that team is going to need a Sheriff to take the next step and get out of the cellar.

That's why I really like what Minnesota has done by getting Thibs and Butler.

He's keeping the team in the news. They're not in championship contention anyway. Why make the one thing they have going for them boring? 

They successfully made tanking  acceptable and cool to their fan base, and are almost sold out of season tickets. A large part of that in the last year or so is Embiid embracing the whole thing. 

Take that away they're just a team bottom dweller.

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If they make the playoffs this year, I'll be quiet.  But I look at that roster and see too many post-1992 birthdays.  I think that team is going to need a Sheriff to take the next step and get out of the cellar.

That's why I really like what Minnesota has done by getting Thibs and Butler.

I agree that they need veteran guys to help them learn how to be pros and how to handle the game plus actual in-game situations. I just don't think his social media stuff is a concern 

They should be looking to trade Okafor for that veteran presence imo

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I honestly don't care one way or another, but Lavar Ball kind of owned him and Simmons:

“When you don’t win and don’t even make the playoffs, and don’t even stay on the court long enough, that’s the best thing you can do is Tweet, make some stuff. Ain’t nobody else doing that, because they’re working on their game in the gym,” Ball toldRob Ellis and Geoff Mosher on the 97.5 Fanatic podcast. “These guys ain’t played a game, always hurt, and at the bottom of the totem pole. So guess what, get your asses off the goddamn Tweeter, and get in the gym.”

One of the best things he's said. I hate that I am starting to like him. 

• Like 4