Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Basketball HoF is fairly lax, he'll get in.  There are a lot of worse players than him in the Hall.  The other thing is the Basketball HoF includes college, WNBA, international, etc. so his gold medal and his stardom and two final four appearances at UNC are relevant.

He's a career underachiever though, and I think he's a fringe candidate.  I wouldn't vote him in on the first ballot.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

how many players with 25,000 points are underachievers and fringe candidates?

The way he started his first three or four seasons, he could have been way more than he ended up being.  Could have been the second best perimeter player of the era and a true rival to Kobe.  Don't know exactly what happened, but after that point he just stopped truly caring and he ended up being a jobber for most of his career.  Unlike almost all of the other guys in the 25k point club, almost half of his 25k points came after he was a journeyman role player and had ceased being a relevant star.  I give him credit for sticking around the league a tremendously long time, but that doesn't make him a lock for the Hall.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The way he started his first three or four seasons, he could have been way more than he ended up being.  Could have been the second best perimeter player of the era and a true rival to Kobe.  Don't know exactly what happened, but after that point he just stopped truly caring and he ended up being a jobber for most of his career.  Unlike almost all of the other guys in the 25k point club, almost half of his 25k points came after he was a journeyman role player and had ceased being a relevant star.  I give him credit for sticking around the league a tremendously long time, but that doesn't make him a lock for the Hall.

What happened was the Raptors couldnt sign free agents and lost Tracy McGrady, and then the Nets faded to black while he was in his prime after JKidd got old.

Sometimes we blame players for management problems.

Also, I am not sure about half his points being scored when he was a journeyman role player. That doesn't even look right considering his last 20 point season was with the Nets in 08-09.

Vince should easily be a first ballot HOFer, and like @Destino said, he dunked over a 7'2" man in a game. 

47 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

tanking and gonna let young Booker go ham.

Feels like they have the young pieces they can handle.  Booker, Bender, Jackson, and Len is a lot of high draft pics, plus they've got Chriss and Warren.  And Bledsoe.  It doesn't seem like this should be the worst team in the league.  It seems like they should be moving up the standings.

I think they're close to falling into the trap that Sacramento did during the Cousins era.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Reinforcing their air conditioning systems and wasting Bledsoe's time. 

Celtics trading Bradley to Pistons for Morris.  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19893312/boston-celtics-trading-avery-bradley-detroit-pistons

As a Wiz fan I like this deal. Bradley was a pest in the playoffs. He's a damn good defender and made life very hard on Wall and Beal. In Detroit he'll wither away in mediocrity.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

So why hasn't Wall signed his super max extension? 

I think he's waiting to see if the team can land another star. Personally I think it's better then 50/50 that he leaves in two years to form another superteam, probably with Cousins somewhere.