Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

50 minutes ago, Destino said:

Giannis joins the legends on the mountain top.  Defensive player of the year.  2xMVP.  Finals MVP.  NBA Champion.  Not a lot of players can claim all that.  

It was a joy to watch him play in these finals.  

And he did it without being a **** and jerking his franchise around before eventually forcing his way out to form a super team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There will also be no more coach Bud slander.  Give that man his props.

Championship winning coaches get no credit.  People still **** on Doc Rivers and Ty Lue.  Budenholzer doesn't inspire confidence even though he is a great coach.  I think it's his voice.

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I love that defense won games in the finals in an era that is all about offense and gunning threes. 

absolutely. hopefully its a sign of things to come

only thing that made this series boring was that it was 2 likeable teams (usually you get 1 in there you want to root against). but i guess that's a good thing for the NBA (new blood in the finals that you can root for).

there wasn't anyone in the NBA that deserved the title more than Giannis imo

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Championship winning coaches get no credit.  People still **** on Doc Rivers and Ty Lue.  Budenholzer doesn't inspire confidence even though he is a great coach.  I think it's his voice.

Doc rivers has blown two 3-1 leads. So he deserves it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This was the most enjoyable postseason in years for me.  Since the Mavs won in 2011, at least.  Kind of a dream outcome for die hard NBA fans other than I wish it had gone to seven.  I've got to admit I was pulling for the Bucks a little since I'm not a huge fan of CP3 and didn't necessarily want to see him win a ring.  But the Suns as a whole have and aesthetically pleasing and majorly entertaining style of play.

But the wet blanket is the question of is this newfound broad competition in the league just a product of the Covid schedule and the excessive injuries that resulted?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I just might buy a Giannis jersey..

All these dumb mfers on twitter arguing about superteams and how this isn't a superteam and what counts as a superteam, how LeBron last year on the Lakers wasn't a superteam don't ****ing get it.  LeBron has hunted titles everywhere he's gone, he's looked for arguably the best opportunity to cement himself in a place where he can win.  He did it in Miami, he did it in Cleveland for the 2nd time around and he did it last year in LA.  Staying in Cleveland the whole time was unfathomable to him.  

Giannis and Middleton have been in Milwaukee the whole time and Middleton was a 2nd round pick.  I guess if people want to say the addition of Holiday makes them a superteam, fine.  But Giannis didn't run around like LeBron and KD chasing titles...he was absolutely right, he could go anywhere and win a ring.  But he did it in a place that took a chance on him, drafted him and embraced him.  LeBron can't say that, KD can't say that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LMFAO Middleton and Holliday are fine players but they aren't future HOF-ers, not even close to a superteam.

Superteam was when Durant joined the Warriors or when Lebron joined the Heat. That's it.

If a team drafts and develops talent properly that's not a "super team." Its when guys conspire to join forces to eliminate competition.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Monty...

I just might buy a Giannis jersey..

Monty Williams is the definition of Class.  The guy was a couple of wins away from a title and I hope he gets one soon.  Giannis may be face of the NBA right now.  The guy put his team on his back last night and won the title.  Pure heart right there.

We judge players by rings and then malign them when they increase their chances at getting rings.  Jordan, Kobe. Tim Duncan and Dwayne Wade are all fortunate that the organizations around them built great teams.  Dirk Nowitzki got lucky. 

But don't forget the original "ring chaser" - Kareem Abdul Jabar....

14 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

That's not true at all.  

He won a ring in Milwaukee, IIRC he made another Finals, too.  But he didn't like the culture in Milwaukee, being a Muslim he felt like he didn't fit in so he wanted to be in a place that was better for him and they traded him to LA, also where he went to college.  His first year in LA, the Lakers went 40-42.  Then 53-29.  Then 45-37.  Then 47-35.  Where are the titles?

Wasn't until they drafted Magic Johnson in 79-80 that they won a title.  

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's not true at all.  

He won a ring in Milwaukee, IIRC he made another Finals, too.  But he didn't like the culture in Milwaukee, being a Muslim he felt like he didn't fit in so he wanted to be in a place that was better for him and they traded him to LA, also where he went to college.  His first year in LA, the Lakers went 40-42.  Then 53-29.  Then 45-37.  Then 47-35.  Where are the titles?

Wasn't until they drafted Magic Johnson in 79-80 that they won a title.  

He must have something against Kareem to even suggest that cause it's a bizarre take. 

• Like 1

You guys don't do sarcasm well... I was just trying to find a player from previous time who would fit the definition of a ring chaser. I'm sure there are better examples (since Lew won in Milwaukee),  but he was the NBA leading scorer and no one maligns him moving. 

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

You guys don't do sarcasm well... I was just trying to find a player from previous time who would fit the definition of a ring chaser. I'm sure there are better examples (since Lew won in Milwaukee),  but he was the NBA leading scorer and no one maligns him moving. 

Well that's because it wasn't good sarcasm.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

We judge players by rings and then malign them when they increase their chances at getting rings.  Jordan, Kobe. Tim Duncan and Dwayne Wade are all fortunate that the organizations around them built great teams.  Dirk Nowitzki got lucky. 

The thrill of sport is having things decided during the game and the belief that everything can change on a single magical moment.  These quickly made, and just as quickly unmade, mercenary Super teams seek to decide the outcome during the offseason.  Why would anyone want that?  It’s like hearing the star of a movie tell you how the movie ends in the opening credits.  It diminishes the entire experience,  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I got nothing against LeBron hunting rings. Winning a title takes a lot of luck. To say Giannis ring is more organic is meaningless. 

Agree to disagree I guess. I had utmost respect for the GSW when they won it all. Once Durant signed on to win a ring I didn't care much for their accomplishments. I don't hold it against Steph, Klay and the gang, but Durant hugging the trophy looked meaningless to me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Agree to disagree I guess. I had utmost respect for the GSW when they won it all. Once Durant signed on to win a ring I didn't care much for their accomplishments. I don't hold it against Steph, Klay and the gang, but Durant hugging the trophy looked meaningless to me. 

100% that's who he was talking about