Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I honestly don't understand the trade for the Lakers.  KCP was a very good player for them.  The #1 pick represented a chance to get some cheap depth in what is supposed to be a deep draft.

Now that doesn't mean I don't think they can win it all.  A healthy LBJ and AD is still a monster duo.  But I don't think this really makes them better.  They seemed to have traded one issue for another.

Edited by PeterMP

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I honestly don't understand the trade for the Lakers.  KCP was a very good player for them.  The #1 pick represented a chance to get some cheap depth in what is supposed to be a deep draft.

Now that doesn't mean I don't think they can win it all.  A healthy LBJ and AD is still a monster duo.  But I don't think this really makes them better.  They seemed to have traded one issue for another.

A lot of my friends are laker fans and they don’t like KCP. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

A lot of my friends are laker fans and they don’t like KCP. 

Why not?

He's not the most explosive or athletic guy, but he shoots and plays reasonable D.  He's on a pretty good contract.

Edited by PeterMP

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Very inconsistent and dumb player. 

Saw a study a few years ago (can't find it now).   Other than the elite 3 points shooters (e.g. the Currys, Reddick, etc.) everybody is a streaky shooter.  Essentially nobody gets to 39% by shooting close to 39% every night.  Its 3 for 4 one night and 0 for 3 the next, etc.  The stars cover it up by getting enough points other ways that most fans don't notice.

I suspect KCP isn't any more streaky than any other good but not elite shooter.

I guess I don't watch the Lakers a ton, but I've not seen much out of him that I'd consider dumb.

He’ll give them some life in the regular season on the second leg of back to backs because of how hard he always plays and he will help take the load off lebron. They’ll bully bad teams but he’s a liability in the playoffs especially late in the game. You want the ball with Bron or AD there but you never know when Westbrook is going to dribble into a crowd of people and then jack up a contested fall away 3 off the backboard. 

it’s actually dangerous for LA to have somebody that can’t shoot and can’t close yet for some inexplicable reason thinks he is Steph Curry or Michael Jordan. Maybe Lebron is finally the person to slap him around and tell him what it is but I doubt it.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Westbrook engineered all three of those trades himself.  His teams have just been along for the ride and have given him whatever he asked for.  He gets his new team out of a problem contract(s), and basically gets his old team tipped a first round pick for their trouble.

I think it's interesting that LeBron and AD wanted to play more 4 and 5 respectively, and interesting that they were so unconcerned about shooting when they orchestrated this deal.  They expect to figure that part out, and they probably will.  They'll get ring chasing shooters to sign cheap.  LeBron and Davis shoot well for a 4/5 tandem.  And they'll have enough rebounding and I think they'll still have Gasol and Drummond?  They're going to be a championship caliber team and the title favorite, health provided.  I don't love that the Wizards facilitated building a title team in LA, but we were along for the ride and the trade benefited us.

The Lowry trade is a very good deal for the Heat (given the reported contract and what they had to give up).

I'm surprised some other team wasn't willing to give up more given what the dollars on his contract are being reported to.  I guess maybe Lowry said Miami or nobody.

They got better with that deal.

Edited by PeterMP