Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 8/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty sure Schroeder turned down 80M from the Lakers.

He’s the new Nerlens Noel who turned down a 4 year 70 million deal from Dallas.  In the four years that followed he made a total of 17.5 million, so he lost 52.5 million dollars by betting that he could get a better deal.  He lost more money than he’s made in his entire nba career with that decision.  

Dennis turned down an 80 million four year deal, which is insane.  20 million a year for a mediocre point guard should have been received as the blessing from heaven that it was.  He’ll be making a little under 6 million this year in Boston… so he’s already 14 million in the hole.  

Rookies coming into the league should be taught about these two as cautionary tales.  

I understand his thinking. In his mind, Davis isn’t getting hurt and he’s the PG on a deep playoff Lakers run with a possible repeat. 

he bet on his team and they didn’t deliver. Bet on yourself. Don’t bet your future on the health of other people outside of your control 

His agent should have roofied him and when he woke up he had signed the contract. It’s malpractice to let him walk away from that 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:23 PM, Destino said:

He’s the new Nerlens Noel who turned down a 4 year 70 million deal from Dallas.  In the four years that followed he made a total of 17.5 million, so he lost 52.5 million dollars by betting that he could get a better deal.  He lost more money than he’s made in his entire nba career with that decision.  

Dennis turned down an 80 million four year deal, which is insane.  20 million a year for a mediocre point guard should have been received as the blessing from heaven that it was.  He’ll be making a little under 6 million this year in Boston… so he’s already 14 million in the hole.  

Rookies coming into the league should be taught about these two as cautionary tales.  

Noel is now suing Rich Paul and Klutch Sports.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Noel is now suing Rich Paul and Kutch Sports.

I read that, and apparently Paul advising Noel not to take the Dallas deal isn’t the worst part (though it likely is in dollars).  He’s claiming that teams (multiple occasions) had been reached out for contract talks and his agent never called them back nor informed Noel if their interest.  That’s a serious accusation with more substance than just giving bad advice.  

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

At the end of the day, isn't it up to the player?

In my mind it would be like some rich dude suing his financial advisor for bad advice because he bought Enron stock right before it collapsed.

I would think if he wasn't telling the player about teams being interested or if he wasn't calling teams back that were interested, that is the real problem for the agent. 

• Like 1

More than that there's an insinuation that Klutch was steering lower level clients to certain teams on good contracts.

There's a difference between bad advice, negligence, and out right maleficence.  Not telling Noel that other teams were interested in him is negligence and alone might cause them to lose the lawsuit.  If it was being done to try to force him to sign cheaply with another team, that's a whole other thing.

Bad advice, he probably loses.  Negligence, he probably makes some money.  If they can prove maleficence, that would be huge.

I don’t know why it’s hard to do a show where people just hang out and talk basketball. You got games on almost every day/night. It should be so easy finding a spot for fans to just hang out and listen to basketball talk. 

it doesn’t have to be a debate, or doesn’t have to be screaming, rankings etc, it doesn’t have to be any more complicated than just ball talk about what’s happening now. Man that’s all I want 

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

At the end of the day, isn't it up to the player?

In my mind it would be like some rich dude suing his financial advisor for bad advice because he bought Enron stock right before it collapsed.

Imagine if your real estate agent didn’t call back regarding offers on your home or tell you any came in.  And you found out about it after your home sold under market value.  That’s what Noel’s camp is alleging here.  If he’s right, he has every reason to be extremely upset. 

He only has himself to blame for turning down the Mavs deal though.  He let a salesperson fool him with empty promises. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the horror, a show about the NBA wants to talk about the greatest player of the last 25 years. ESPN was right too, he half assed his segments and provided nothing of substance, though the same can be said about 90% of their sports pundits. 

Pierce wouldn’t be in my hall of fame. I’m not a hater though, I can admit he definitely earned himself a spot in the screen actor’s guild for his acting in the 08 finals but that’s it. Being a massive **** faking a knee injury kinda cancels out the shining moment of your career. 

image.gif.7b3b26c115ff30c66b4a9db956ac9d85.gif

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Not including the WNBA inductees since I don't follow their league, this is the weakest HoF class I can remember.  To me, Pierce is a borderline candidate.  Bosh, Bobby Dandridge, Weber, and Ben Wallace all had nice careers and are absolutely not Hall of Fame caliber.  Rick Adelman certainly shouldn't be in the Hall and for God sakes neither should Toni Kukoc.

It's by far the most watered down Hall of the major sports and it feels like it's become a limp-wristed attempt to grab some publicity for the league heading into their regular season ramp up in the midst of the kickoff to the football season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not including the WNBA inductees since I don't follow their league, this is the weakest HoF class I can remember.  To me, Pierce is a borderline candidate.  Bosh, Bobby Dandridge, Weber, and Ben Wallace all had nice careers and are absolutely not Hall of Fame caliber.  Rick Adelman certainly shouldn't be in the Hall and for God sakes neither should Toni Kukoc.

It's by far the most watered down Hall of the major sports and it feels like it's become a limp-wristed attempt to grab some publicity for the league heading into their regular season ramp up in the midst of the kickoff to the football season.

Chris Bosh being in the HOF is a travesty.  He had ONE ALL-NBA selection his entire career.  That basically means he was considered a top 6 forward once his whole career in any given season.  He had those all-star appearances because he was in the east.  He never makes nearly the same # of all star games if he's competing with the big boys of Duncan, Dirk, KG, Webber, ZBO, Gasol, Amare, and Aldridge in the west.  Amare was 10X the player Bosh was. 

At least C-Webb made the ALL-NBA team 5 times and was a legit leading man on a team that should have won a title if not for cooked refs (they would have destroyed the nets).

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

At least C-Webb made the ALL-NBA team 5 times and was a legit leading man on a team that should have won a title if not for cooked refs (they would have destroyed the nets).

He also didn’t play well in Game 7 at home and the kings missed 14 free throws. Refs didn’t do that and only a disgraced referee saying he “thought” game 6 was shady is the only “proof” we have of that. Kings lost their composure and choked which is what Webber teams always did. 

He’s more worthy of the HOF tho than Pierce, Bosh, or Wallace because of being on a legendary and transcendent college basketball team (that also choked) as well as his pro career 

C-Webb in the Hall is a travesty.  He didn't care and he didn't finish anything or ever pull through.  He's the anti-Bill Russell and players like him do not deserve the Hall, no matter how famous or talented they were.  Pierce actually won something of significance in his career.

I don't want to say this against Bobby Dandridge because he is a Tidewater VA hero, but his HoF resume is... thin.  If you recognize that his two rings came from teams where he was the third and fourth best player respectively, what really separates his resume from someone like John Wall?  Could prime John Wall not win a championship as the third best player on a team with prime Lew Alcindor?  And Wall was undoubtedly a better Wizard/Bullet than Dandridge was.  Few people are bigger John Wall fans than I, and none of us would put Wall in the Hall.

The NBA has an instinct for inclusiveness that is bad for their Hall.  They have a strange, committee-based selection process that I don't understand and it kind of feels like they sweep these big Hall classes in every fall just to try and steal some NFL shine and it renders the accomplishment meaningless.