Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I stand by the claim.  Who needs to shoot threes when you can get to the rim and dunk it on anybody whenever you want?  He's basically a Shaq-level dominant volume scorer in the paint, except that he uses a face up game as much as a back to basket to get to the rim.  And he is a way better defensive player and rebounder than Durant.  He is more individually dominant, which to me is evidenced by his ability to carry a group of role players to a title--beating the latest super team that Durant tried to form up on the way.  Plus he's got two MVPs to Durant's one, and a DPOY.  When you reach the stature of player that those two have, big achievements like that matter IMO.

I think Giannis goes down as the second greatest player of the era behind LeBron.  IMO Durant is jockeying with Curry and Leonard for third.

You are caught up in the moment. Giannis is a great player but are you forgetting what KD showed in the series versus the Bucks without Kyrie and a fat injured Harden. 

he did a lot to silence the critics but So did KD. 

KD 35/10/5 with Blake Griffin and Joe Harris playing the second most minutes after him. Come on not even close IMO. 

26 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hey remember two years ago when Toronto was going to win multiple titles in a row? 

Kawhi took his New Balance’s to LA and joined the Clippers, otherwise who knows? 

Three different champions in three years, and even though one of them was the Lakers with LeBron and Anthony Davis, the bubble made that title not feel inevitable even if it was always likely.

Progress for the NBA.  The super max kept Giannis in Milwaukee and Lillard and the Utah and Philly guys in town.  Hopefully it will do the same for Luka and the Phoenix, Denver, Memphis, Pelicans, Hawks stars as well.

Hopefully LeBron and Davis and Durant never win any more rings.

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Three different champions in three years, and even though one of them was the Lakers with LeBron and Anthony Davis, the bubble made that title not feel inevitable even if it was always likely.

Progress for the NBA.  The super max kept Giannis in Milwaukee and Lillard and the Utah and Philly guys in town.  Hopefully it will do the same for Luka and the Phoenix, Denver, Memphis, Pelicans, Hawks stars as well.

Hopefully LeBron and Davis and Durant never win any more rings.

I’ve been alive for 43 championships.  Only 14 organizations have  won.  22 of those 43 are by three franchises.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Remember when the Warriors signed KD and destroyed any parity in the league. Good ole times. 

y’all lying to yourself if you don’t think the Nets are overwhelming favorites next year. 

If healthy they’re definitely the favorite as things stand now.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see another three star team pop up though.  The nets don’t play defense, so any comparably talented team would have a chance.  Also, the nets trio isn’t the safest bet for health in the post season.  

Detroit is paying Charlotte to take Plumlee?

That doesn't make any sense.

You're bad.  Two more years of Plumlee isn't going to matter.  Put him on the bench and forget about if you want.

Edited by PeterMP