Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He isn’t that player anymore. 

Maybe. FWIW i do not think he was used that way with the Grizz (or at all with them) or the Heat. He played 20 minutes a game for them at 36 and 37. Doesn't seem likely with the Dubs. 

I suspect their roster is set now and may only carry 14 if they dont sign Gary Payton II. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

I thought they made good draft picks.  And if Beal asks out if DC, they are better positioned to get him than anyone else.  I was on the fence about the rumored trade between GS and DC, but if anything, Golden State's offer looks better to me post draft than it did before.

Meaning unless Wiseman is horrible or gets hurt again, the value of their trade assets isn't likely to depreciate that much.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I thought they made good draft picks.  And if Beal asks out if DC, they are better positioned to get him than anyone else.  I was on the fence about the rumored trade between GS and DC, but if anything, Golden State's offer looks better to me post draft than it did before.

Meaning unless Wiseman is horrible or gets hurt again, the value of their trade assets isn't likely to depreciate that much.

I’m hoping for this but I’m not very confident.

im also kinda hoping once the dust settles the warriors can get a steal. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m hoping for this but I’m not very confident.

im also kinda hoping once the dust settles the warriors can get a steal. 

Beal would be a good fit in GS, and if the Wizards have to rebuild, then the young prospects that the Warriors have are a good way to do it.  But as of now, Beal says he still wants to be in D.C., and we're going to try and hold onto him until the bitter end to avoid starting over.  The organization loves him and has given him a lot of power and basically the only way they'll trade him is if he asks them to.  But out of all of the potential places that might deal for him, Golden State is the one that makes the most sense for both sides.  I would be shocked if they dealt him to Boston. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal would be a good fit in GS, and if the Wizards have to rebuild, then the young prospects that the Warriors have are a good way to do it.  But as of now, Beal says he still wants to be in D.C., and we're going to try and hold onto him until the bitter end to avoid starting over.  The organization loves him and has given him a lot of power and basically the only way they'll trade him is if he asks them to.  But out of all of the potential places that might deal for him, Golden State is the one that makes the most sense for both sides.  I would be shocked if they dealt him to Boston. 

He is so walking on a sign and trade next summer, it's not even funny.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Everyday Beal isn't traded and the GS players are healthy and look like reasonable NBA players, his value goes down with respect to them. 

For a non-MVP caliber player in the last year of a contract that sort of offer was unusual (I wonder if it was actually even ever an offer.)

That trade would only be made in the context that 1 or more of them might be bust.  If that doesn't appear to the case, then it becomes unlikely that trade gets made.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah his agent should be fired 

Nah, his agent got his client a 80 million dollar dealer.

From this his agent deserves a raise, got his client a well above market deal. 

Schroeder is the one who didn’t listen and walked from it.