Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Dallas wasn't impressed with Redskins' 2013 draft class

themurf

Isn't every player a stretch when it comes right down to it? Yes, some are more athletic yada yada. But when you sign even an even keeld (sp) kid to millions he could lose his mind. A undrafted sighning could win a spot due to work ethic. You know the type. So really, who cares what anyone thinks of the picks.They're just jealous. You wonder if they'd trade Romo sits to pee for RG straight up. And they AGAIN brought up how much Wash gave up last year.  blah blah blah

When was the last time Dallas had a good draft? Parcells?

Parcells got Jason Witten in the 4th, but he also traded down when he had the chance to draft Steven Jackson because he thought Julius Jones would be a better value in the 2nd.  I don't remember if he was the one who drafter DeMarcus Ware, but I would guess so.  Afew good picks to be sure, but he didn't orchestrate the incredible turnaround he did with the Jets, or even with the Pats...probably because he didn't have Belichik at his side.

Aw hot dang, i like me that Duck Dynasty sho.

Lets draft one o' them boys.

All I can see when i see that guy's beard is what a convenient handle it will make to yank him face first into the dirt.

~Bang

Let's see what the young'uns do against Romo sits to pee, THEN we'll talk about whose opinion matters............I am expecting some growing pain/learning curve issues but once they get up to speed, I think some of these rook ballhawks are going to shove that board right down Jerruh's big yap

That was a very interesting read, murf... thanks for posting this. Should be fun watching our guys develop this draft. If even half of them reach the potential they have we will have improved significantly. If all of them do... wow. These our guys who can become elite if they play consistently and to their potential. Except maybe Jamison, who is the only one we picked in my mind who is more of that "safe pick" type.   

Now watch because I said that he becomes the best player we drafted this year, lol.  :lol:

Uh Jerryland just resigned Tony Romo sits to pee to a contract the entire league thinks is a complete joke so why should we care about his opinion? Long as #10 plays it doesn't matter who we field we will always finish ahead of them. Dallas also got fleeced with their first round trade so like always not quite sure what they are thinking down at the circus.

Dallas taking people off their board because of character concerns? Somehow I'm skeptical.

I imagine Thompson, and Jamison, didn't make it because of injury, and Rambo because of character. Not sure why Reed wouldn't have made it. He had minor injuries but nothing serious, and got benched in one game for attitude, but again, nothing serious.

Regardless, I'll take our scouts and Mike over Jerry World any day.

Reed's on the smaller side for a TE.  Dallas has liked the bigger TEs.  That's my guess why he wasn't on their board

Does anyone on the east coast of the USA, or in my case downunder, really care about what the cowboys say, I dont, they will probably be the 4th best team in the NFC East this coming season and  Romo sits to pee will continue to do what Romo sits to pee does, and the skins will beat them twice, the Redskins have had to recruit with less money for the past two season due to the Giants messing with us, however, from what i have read i am very happy with the job done by the recruiting staff this year, we have obtained talent where we needed it, HTTR

Technically, Frederick was the BPA according to their board when they picked. They also only ranked the top 18 guys as 1st rounders. Definitely interesting to take a look behind the curtain.

They followed their board for the most part. Good for them. It makes sense.

That's the thing with draft boards... A lot of people will have very different boards depending on what they're looking for.

It's very scheme fit oriented. And after the players are scanned for a fit in that category, the board is scaled down further... Some teams prefer seniors and will include few underclassmen. Some teams like guys who aren't injured. Some teams like guys that are a certain size.

Their board was based on what they need. Their opinions mean very little to Washington, as we have vastly different teams/schemes.

Technically, Frederick was the BPA according to their board when they picked. They also only ranked the top 18 guys as 1st rounders. Definitely interesting to take a look behind the curtain.

They followed their board for the most part. Good for them. It makes sense.

That's the thing with draft boards... A lot of people will have very different boards depending on what they're looking for.

It's very scheme fit oriented. And after the players are scanned for a fit in that category, the board is scaled down further... Some teams prefer seniors and will include few underclassmen. Some teams like guys who aren't injured. Some teams like guys that are a certain size.

Their board was based on what they need. Their opinions mean very little to Washington, as we have vastly different teams/schemes.

Completely agree. Not every team is going to have the same board. I'm sure ours probably looked different than theirs and many other teams.

That's what makes mock drafts almost impossible to be correct. Just because you or I see a player one way, doesn't mean every team does.

I honeslty don't care where Dallas had the players we picked ranked. I care where Shanahan/Allen had those players.

For example, Dallas doesn't play Dallas every year, which was why we picked 3 DBs who can catch the ball, and they didn't.

The biggest problem with the Frederick pick is that no other team seemingly had him anywhere near the 1st, or even the 2nd.  We can't be certain, but considering the next center off the board was in the 4th round, and the next interior linemen didn't come off until the 3rd, they could have at least waited until the 2nd.

I think their board is a little TOO lean, they tried to cut all the fat off and took some of the good with them, like Elam.  It's weird that Elam is missing, but Swearinger is still there, even though they're both under 6 feet tall.

The other problem is the value they got on the trade.  A 3rd rounder for trading down 13 spots in the 1st was just poor.  Sure, they got Williams out of it, but lost a chance to add an impact guy like Floyd, or fill a need with Elam, and took a guy they could have had later, while the extra value of Williams is somewhat lost in the short term because WR is one of the few positions where they actually have reasonably aged talent.

Archived