Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Dallas Cowboys will win NFC East after productive offseason

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205298/article/dallas-cowboys-will-win-nfc-east-after-productive-offseason

1) Better defensive coaching

2) More help for Tony Romo sits to pee, part I

3) More help for Tony Romo sits to pee, part II

4) A steadier offensive line

5) "Bedlam" in the backfield

With fifth-round draft pick Joseph Randle in the fold, the Cowboys finally have two legitimate runners/receivers in the backfield. Randle and incumbent starter DeMarco Murray are very much alike in terms of size, running style and ability to catch the football; they're really two peas in a pod.

Murray's production has been limited, because he's had a hard time avoiding injury. In the past, this has caused problems for the offense. If Murray goes down now, Randle can step right in, allowing the Cowboys to keep rolling without adjusting their scheme much. The "Bedlam Backfield," as it might be called (after the Bedlam Series, the name for the rivalry between Murray's Oklahoma Sooners and Randle's Oklahoma State Cowboys) should be a boon to the Cowboys in 2013.

6) Extra prep time

Because they'll be playing in the Hall of Fame Game, the Cowboys will get an extra week of time in training camp, which has the potential to be an important advantage. If you get more time to get ready as a team -- and if you know what you're doing -- you're able to use that to get better.

7) Season starts and ends at home

8) They have to be healthier

9) A special teams boost

10) Wisconsin bond

The relationship between a quarterback and his center can be important, and Frederick should have an easy "in" with Romo sits to pee. The town he grew up in, Sharon, Wis., is just about 50 minutes by car from Romo sits to pee's hometown of Burlington, Wis. I would expect Romo sits to pee to take a special interest in his fellow Wisconsinite and help give his career a jump-start.

Yes, fellow Skins fans, an extra week of training camp, 5th round rookie RB Randle and their center growing up in Wisconsin are among the reasons the Cowboys will pole vault their way over the rest of the division and win the NFC East lol...

Year after year the Cowboys are picked by the mainstream sports media to win the NFC East or win the Super Bowl. In fact last year I created a Cowboys hype thread citing multiple talking heads proclaiming the Cowboys as kings of the NFC.

Guess we will need to start a new one this year.

Same ****. Different year.

I wonder crap team he's going to break a nail against, and come back to beat from a 4-TD deficit and win a Purple Heart.the next day. That team has 8-8 written all over it. Romo sits to pee can spend all the "Peyton Manning" hours at the facility that he wants, butnothings going to keep him from going classic Romo sits to pee and blowing it for a team that by golly is just never good enough for him to win with.

Oh boy, it's this article again.

Because changing a defensive scheme never requires changing the players, they all just translate perfectly (I mean, we kept all our 4-3 guys when we switched, right, and it works the other way around, right?).

Because the problem with the Dallas line was just the center, and only the center, and not the Filet Mignon buffet the tackles were letting the other team's pass rushers have.  I mean, the new center should help, but unless Tyron turns into a top LT, they will still have serious problems.

Also, if anybody in the East deserves to be given preemptive credit for a 5th round runningback succeeding, it's Mike "The Runningback Whisperer" Shanahan.  I mean, he turned a 6th rounder into the #2 rusher in the NFL, so Chris Thompson should be the #1 rusher, seeing as he was taken a round earlier.

Lastly, the health thing works probably more for us than the Boys.  Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather, Davis, and Garcon back healthy, and we added new safeties.  Not to mention, a bunch of our players are hitting their 3rd years, Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Hankerson, so that's pretty huge too, and this is the first full, unhindered offseason for Jenkins and Hankerson, so that's worth mentioning.

Basically, I don't buy it Gil.

Also, Tony Romo sits to pee still can't throw TDs when it counts, and can't not throw INTs when it counts, so there's that problem.

Did they say the same thing about defensive coaching when they brought in Ryan? Oh and Kiffin hasn't coached in the NFL since 2008. Not saying he probably hasn't forgotten more about football than I know, but it's not like he's been around the league lately.

How'd that extra week work out the Saints and Cardinals last year? In fact the last time the Cowboys played in the HoF game, they finished 6-10 and fired Wade Phillips half way through the season. So that extra week will definitely be the difference for them.

A 5th round RB that's already going to miss all of OTAs because he's recovering from injury is going to put their offense over the top? Please

Oh and because their center, who they may reached for in the draft, lived 50 miles away from Romo sits to pee's hometown, it's instantly going to make him good?

What a stupid article.

This doesn't seem like a laughable opinion to me.  The Cowboys have come within a game of winning the division in each of the last two seasons.

The idea that they could win the division is possible, but the reasons given are laughable.

This doesn't seem like a laughable opinion to me.  The Cowboys have come within a game of winning the division in each of the last two seasons.

As mentioned by another poster, it's the reasoning that is ridiculous, not the prediction.

Never knew that the center's home town being an hour's drive away from the QB's home down added some important element to the Cowboys that would help them get over the hump lol...that definitely deserves to be in the top 10 reasons, yep...

Or maybe that extra week of training camp was all that was missing from the last two seasons to give the Cowboys the push they needed to win the division. I guarantee you that if Dallas had an extra week of training camp last year Romo sits to pee would never have thrown those three INTs against the Skins.

Then again I'm positive having 5th round RB Randle in the backfield with often-injured Murray will suddenly boost their run game significantly. Hell, Brandt did make a good point when he said that the Cowboys "finally have two legitimate runners/receivers in the backfield."...because we know he thought Jones and Barber were scrubs, right?

Or maybe it's the whole idea that they open and close at home this year that will turn the tide? The fact that while playing in their new stadium the Cowboys are an incredible 17-15 at home and 16-16 on the road just drives home their huge homefield advantage lol...

I guess we should just call this fueling the fire of the other NFCE teams. I'm just glad we know who to emphatically chase this year. So happy we won't mistakenly chase NY. I don't which.reason I like more. The deadly duo threat out of the backfield. Or the new defensive scheme using tje exact same players that got torched last year. I love it.

I love how articles like this get written every offseason. I wouldnt be annoyed if they just came out and said, "We love the Cowboys and will always pick them to win it all until the end of time!"

This. They just need to come to terms and admit it.

Articles like this make me really doubt journalism as a profession.  

Centers are now super important and Saturday made Manning who he is; how did Manning look with only JD Walton in front of him?  

And let's not forget that Paul Brown drafted a center with his first pick with the bengals... in 1968.  Absolutely nothing about football has changed since then, certainly not the importance of interior linemen and the run game.  

Then Bill Callahan stopped coaching at Wisconsin in 1994, so he has a deep understanding of the type of player he's going to get in 2013; a player who loves grunge music, wears flannel, and is psyched about jurassic park's release on vhs because, again, nothing ever changes.

Don't get me wrong, Dallas certainly is in the running, they don't have an awful team, but the list should have ended at 2 reasons: Dallas should be healthier and Dallas has been good enough to be within a game of winning the nfc east the past 2 years.

Archived