Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Dallas Cowboys will win NFC East after productive offseason

1. Cowboy fans are always so gullible! Geez..... Lol

Expand
  2. If i did they would have won a SB! RT @Skemp21: @michaelstrahan you wish you had enough swag to play for Dallas you bum Ass hater

3. Is this a reprint from the last 10yrs?RT @nfl: 'I expect the Cowboys to finish with the best record in the NFC East.' http://on.nfl.com/1135TOb 

Everybody knows Gil's connections to the 'Boys.  The thing to truly fathom is how they have backloaded contracts to older players.  They will not be big players in the FA market going forward for awhile, and in 3-4 years, it could be truly ugly for them. Gil's reasoning in this article was just so flawed it was unbelievable. The reasons he provided were just odd and funny. He has slipped dramatically. 

Yeah, the Boys are going to run into major problems, and soon.

- Tony Romo sits to pee is 33

- DeMarco Murray cannot stay healthy

- Jason Witten is 31

- Their offensive line is a mess, they've got probably 2 guys for the future in Frederick and Smith, but will need to replace the rest

- Jay Ratliff is 31, Anthony Spencer is 29, and Demarcus Ware is 30

Their WR corp, linebacker corp, and secondary, with the exception of FS, is in decent shape, and if Escobar can grow into Witten's role, then TE is ok, but QB, RB, OL, and DL will be in serious trouble in a couple years (if not already like with the OL).

Basically, they are weak in the trenches, and their head is aging.  That will kill them going forward if they don't draft very well.

The media=the more things change, the more they stay the same. Media lameness does not surprise me anymore. I WOULD be surprised if there were not articles about how the cowpukes would win the division and Super Bowl every season. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000206665/article/michael-strahan-not-buying-dallas-cowboys-hype

Micheal Strahan goes after Fans and Gil Brandt for the prediction on twitter. 

I understand that fans are passionate about their favorite team, but there are a lot of Cowboys fans going at it with Strahan.  As much as I hate the Giants, Strahan has earned the right to say what he said -- he has a ring and his Giants has since won another.  Strahan spoke the truth.  Ever since 2007, I can count on both hands how many times Dallas was ranked as "one of the top team" during pre-season.  If I were a Dallas fan, I would keep quiet until the team has done something, just as I did during post-Gibbs through pre-RG3 years.

Like others have said -- its entirely possible the Cowboys could win the East (like any other team, including the Iggles). However, the logic of this article is no better than that of a homer-dink over at CZ.

I would say the Giants and Redskins have far great chances of winning the division: they have more proven NFL talent. 

"The Cowboys selected a 4th round graded center in the 1st round. But, lets just throw out all the scouts analysis of why he is graded there and say he's going to immediately soildify the offensive line because he was taken in the 1st round by Jerry Jones' and his Dallas Cowboys. He also lives in Wisconsin and he worked at the same grocery store as Tony Romo sits to pee's cousins' nephews father worked at, so that right there is a Win in the 2013 schedule."

:rolleyes:

This shouldn't suprise me.  I should understand that even if we won the superbowl last year, we would not be the mediots favorites to win the division.

It's cool.  I can't wait to  skull drag them up and down jerruh world again.

Can we play them 4 times this season? Bring them on.

HTTR

Whats going on with the font?  I can't make it bigger?

Edit:  Some crazy format issues.

"The Cowboys selected a 4th round graded center in the 1st round. But, lets just throw out all the scouts analysis of why he is graded there and say he's going to immediately soildify the offensive line because he was taken in the 1st round by Jerry Jones' and his Dallas Cowboys. He also lives in Wisconsin and he worked at the same grocery store as Tony Romo sits to pee's cousins' nephews father worked at, so that right there is a Win in the 2013 schedule."

:rolleyes:

Seriously. Was that paragraph a joke? This is what Crackgirlz fans and beat writers are left with to cheer about? All I can say is:

CHAMPIONSHIP!  lol

EDIT:  I just realized that yours was a parody of the actual article. Still .. that writer is an idiot!

Seriously. Was that paragraph a joke? This is what Crackgirlz fans and beat writers are left with to cheer about? All I can say is:

CHAMPIONSHIP!  lol

EDIT:  I just realized that yours was a parody of the actual article. Still .. that writer is an idiot!

Haha sorry, yeah I was adding my own journalistic opinion to the writers write-up. The guy is making some major reaches for a team that every body knows how it will perform with the same cast of characters of Tony Romo sits to pee, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, and whatever hyped RB they have.

they'll be third in the East, missing the playoffs again.  8-8 or 7-9.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat. 

I'm starting to agree with this line of thinking. I see the offseason as a mix of improvements and declines. I think the Cowboys will be much better on defense running a 4-3, even if DT remains a question mark. I also think a number of players are primed for great things this year, including Bryant, Carter, Claiborne, Lee, Spencer. But who knows if they will stay healthy. Also, Romo sits to pee does look fat and is 33. I don't think he is the answer at QB. And as long as Jerruh is running the show, this team will never break out of the pattern of late season meltdowns. Also, I see the Redskins as a better team. If RG3 is even at 80%, he and the Redskins will be good enough to challenge teams like the 49ers and Falcons for contention. 

So what is different about this year than all the other years the Cowboys were going to the superbowl with all the talent they have?

This is an annual off season ritual, predicting the Cowboys to go all the way,  At least this year the prognosticators are dimming their hopes and predicting NFCE win.

So what is different about this year than all the other years the Cowboys were going to the superbowl with all the talent they have?

This is an annual off season ritual, predicting the Cowboys to go all the way,  At least this year the prognosticators are dimming their hopes and predicting NFCE win.

Precisely, and as a Skins fan I love it. It is one of the signs of spring, the birds return, plants start growing and the 'Boys are picked as contenders. The annual gushing over Jerry's Kids just gets the hopes up amongst the lesser-fanned so that the death spiral of their expectations after Halloween is all the greater. How is this not a good thing?

Our favorite scholar of the game, Pete Prisco, joins the fun. Based on his "four-pronged" analysis, Dallas is the #2 team in the league:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22321196/fourpronged-rankings-broncos-top-list-cowboys-look-like-a-contender

Yeah, he had the Cowboys ranked #1 in his "four-pronged" analysis last year lol...

Four-pronged rankings: Cowboys top list, Newton helps Panthers climb

...Aaaand not surprisingly, last year he had the Skins ranked #32.

Yeah, he had the Cowboys ranked #1 in his "four-pronged" analysis last year lol...

Four-pronged rankings: Cowboys top list, Newton helps Panthers climb

...Aaaand not surprisingly, last year he had the Skins ranked #32.

The best part?

QB: Tony Romo sits to pee #10; Mark Sanchez #20; and RGIII #26! When is CBS going to say to him, "Um, Pete, it's clear you really don't know anything about football, do you?"

Archived