Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What features do you want back?

TK

What features do you want back?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. What features do you want back?

• Bring back the classic ES brand black background white type look with a "skin" option
    • Ability to view 40 posts per page
    • Show a users join date under their avatar
    • Restore hyperlink in the ES banner to bring you back to the forum homepage
    • Add a direct link to ESPN 980 listen live stream
    • Do away with the redundant login for redskins.com above the ES login
    • Ditch the "Like us on Facebook" slider tab as its in the way & annoying
    • If possible restore PMs from the old VB version
    • Chat room
    • Bring back the tons of old ES smilies
    • Other

OTHER

Perhaps I'm just blind, but I want to be able to turn peoples signatures off. 

So go to the top right-hand part of this screen to see your name (handle)

dropdownarrow.png

^ click the drop down arrow and select "manage ignore prefs."

At that screen click the box which says "ignore all sigs" (shown below):

signaturesoff.png

REMEMBER to SAVE your changes before exiting.

FYI, when I first logged on a day or so ago, the sigs were enabled across the board. As I scrolled down one of the pages of a random thread I moved my cursor over one of the sigs. A pop up box appeared around or over the sig and gave me some options. 1: to block or ignore that particular poster's sig, as well as, 2: block or ignore all sigs. I choose all sigs and they instantly disappeared. That's another option for those seeking to remove sigs. 

I voted 'other'.

The biggest issue with the new design is that all of the message board content is below the page fold. I'm at 1600 x 900 screen resolution and the Ad, the Redskins.com header, the Redskins.com navigation, Extremeskins header and Extremeskins navigation take up all the space above the fold. This is a big no-no for web design.

Also, "extremeskins" is not part of the spell check dictionary.  :)

I definitely want the last read post buttons back. I hate having to click on the last page and scroll all the way down to get to the newest post.

So in the forum section with all of the threads laid out, I clicked on the "star," it literally looks like a star = *

picture3uce.png

It took me to the very last post in the thread.

Is that what you're looking for?

I voted.

I see what Dan sees. The old version seemed to stretch widescreen giving a leaner look, more elongated style to the visual, the actual posts, while now it seems to be vertically scrunched in frame.

As for this, I mentioned it in another thread, but the posts only take up the middle half of my screen and I just have wasted black space taking up a quarter of the screen on either side.

Not sure if this has been mentioned and I do not recall ever seeing it, but what are "warning points" beside the avatars?

I can only see the "warning points" beside mine.

"Warning sounds bad", but "points" sound good.

I'm going to guess its bad, but I think you should try to collect a bunch and let us know the results of your test!

Also, when is the language filter going to be back? I like being able to actually type out "****" and not have to manually star it myself. Yes, I'm lazy, even when it comes to cursing.

I voted ditch the facebook and other.

The other being: bring back all the posts that where once on ES!  I send the moderators a message to this effect, but figured it might be helpful to post this here as well.

For LARGE threads- like the Tailgate's "Anything MMA except thumb wrestling" thread that HAD over 1500 pages of posts on the old ES, those threads are essentially cut in half.  If you check the MMA thread now, the last page is page 760 or so, with the last post being sometime in August of 2010, even though the thread was used as recently as May 13th of this year.  I can check all of my posts from my profile page, and see the posts I have made in the MMA thread from August 2010 and on, but if you click on one of those posts, instead of sending you to the page where the post could be found, I am sent to page 760.

This would not be much of an issue if the missing half of the thread contained the older posts but it does become an issue when the most current posts are deleted from the thread. 

Granted, it's new, so it's possible that I'm "missing" something that's really here, and I just don;t know where it is. 

On the full version, I don;t see anything to go to the last post.  Although I can go to the last page, and then navigate down through various methods. 

When I'm on the mobile version, Neither of those options seem to be there.  I can go to the first post, or the first unread.  (Which, up until today, were the same.)  And, when I do get to the first post, there's still no option to go to any page other than "Prev" (disabled on the first page) or "Next". 

Also, when I'm on the mobile version, I see no buttons at the bottom of a post, for quote, reply, edit, report, or anything.  (Maybe, to avoid cluttering up the mobile version, there should be something you click, which will then give you those options?) 

Again.  Maybe they're there, and I'm just not seeing them. 

So in the forum section with all of the threads laid out, I clicked on the "star," it literally looks like a star = *

picture3uce.png

It took me to the very last post in the thread.

Is that what you're looking for?

Yeah, threads (in the full version) have a dot next to them.  (Or a star, if you've posted in the thread.) 

This star/dot will be burgundy colored (See?  There is something on this site that isn't Dallas colored), if there are posts you haven't read.  Clicking the icon will take you to the first unread post. 

(Note:  To start off, the software assumes that you haven't read any posts at all.  I used the "Mark all content read" option, so that "first unread" doesn't take me to the first post.) 

Count me in on missing the black scheme.  All this white & light gray is messin with me.  And I just plain dug the look of it better before.

Or maybe I'm just an old **** who is resistant to change?

Meh, I'll survive either way.

Go check your Facebook :)

I voted.

As for this, I mentioned it in another thread, but the posts only take up the middle half of my screen and I just have wasted black space taking up a quarter of the screen on either side.

I've voted as well and this was the thing that stuck out for me as well.  I liked the black background, but I also liked how the message board used all the real estate available.  It's especially more important when you are within a particular thread and everything is more scrunched up making the long posts even longer on the page.

[Addition] One more thing to add, I first accessed the new forum on a tablet and the 'Like Us On FB' tab was even more annoying because it kept popping out as I tried to scroll.

I like the "like this" button. Close enough to reps that other boards have - allows you to give someone props for a post without actually having to reply in the thread.

Also I figured out how to ignore sigs, is there an option to ignore avatars, too?

Archived