Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What features do you want back?

TK

What features do you want back?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. What features do you want back?

• Bring back the classic ES brand black background white type look with a "skin" option
    • Ability to view 40 posts per page
    • Show a users join date under their avatar
    • Restore hyperlink in the ES banner to bring you back to the forum homepage
    • Add a direct link to ESPN 980 listen live stream
    • Do away with the redundant login for redskins.com above the ES login
    • Ditch the "Like us on Facebook" slider tab as its in the way & annoying
    • If possible restore PMs from the old VB version
    • Chat room
    • Bring back the tons of old ES smilies
    • Other

I thought it was a done deal that the "like us on facebook" thing was going away?

Anyway I kind of like the color scheme. 

Never said it was a done deal, though have called it silly before, because it is. Especially with the f in a box link at the top right. Very silly. And redundant.

When I’m on the mobile version and I’m trying to go to the
last page of a thread, it takes me to the last unread page rather than the most
recent. When catching up on long threads like the Owned thread or an ongoing
debate, it can be a hassle going through all of the pages I haven’t read just
to get to the most recent. I’m not sure if I’m just missing something, but if
there is any way to link directly to the last page of the thread I’d appreciate
it.

hey TK. Good poll. I think 40 per page is a good idea to bring back.

Question...and I apologize if this was posted in another thread. Are avatars now "open" for whatever you can create and upload? Or is this a temp thing?

I hope that sticks around! I love my avatar

I selected multiple items:

1. bullet_star_rated.png Bring back the black background white type look
  2. bullet_star_rated.png Show a users join date under their avatar
  3. bullet_star_rated.png Restore hyperlink in the ES banner to bring you back to the forum homepage
  4. bullet_star_rated.png Do away with the redundant login for redskins.com above the ES login
  5. bullet_star_rated.png Ditch the "Like us on Facebook" slider tab as its in the way & annoying 
  6. bullet_star_rated.png If possible restore PMs from the old VB version
  7. __

Ideally the black background would be an option for those who want it, while others could stay with new background. Hopefully one could have it as an individual option in preferences, in the user cp.

A couple other small things I grew to like: I liked that when I posted in a thread there was a little green icon thingie that would therein be placed next to the thread title when viewed from the forum level. That little green icon helped me quickly focus on threads that I've been in before and posted in. It actually saved me a lot of time in navigation to get where I wanted to be and select the correct thread.

Also: It seems to take me two clicks to get to mine or someone else's past posts. I believe that it only took one click in the old version. You see when I want to find my latest post, I scroll up to my name and select "my content" but the auto feature shows "topics and posts" as the default criteria for filter. What I end up seeing is the latest post of someone else's, from some thread, not my exclusive posts in descending order. I have to click "only posts" in order filter the selection to see mine exclusively.

the new forum software looks great.

i think the most glaring issue is the fact that the site is hosted as a frame within redskins.com template.  i get that its hosted on their servers and is a part of their site now, but it's a tremendous burden on the available screen real estate (not to mention a burdon on the redskins.com servers) to pump out all those redskins.com images and menus and toolbars for every single ExtremeSkins forum pageview.  i don't mind the banner ad (gotta pay the bills) but it'd be nice if while on the extremeskins subdomain, the site could be savvy enough to not present us with the totality of redskins.com content on every page.  it'd improve both user experience as well as performance, server load, and bandwidth costs.  just my two cents.

Persoanlly, I would like to apply my own themes to the board with a theme roller option. My old eyes need a 'smoother/softer' viewport or he strain gets hard. All my site designes have the themeroller options to allow users to customize as they like.

Just my 2 cents though.

Otherwise, I love the new layout!

One more thing that i just noticed. The old forum used to bundle your posts together if you did it in quick succession, which is a habit i sort of picked up. Is that going to eventually happen or should i break that habit? See my above back to back posts for example. They used to bundle into 1.

I definitely would love to have the old smilies back. I voted for seeing a member's join date as well but that isn't much of a deal breaker or anything. The redundant login is silly and, as TK admitted, the Facebook "like" slider is not only silly, it is very silly indeed.

grahamchapman.jpg

Is it possible to make the background color optional for each user so we can decide if we want black or white background/font on our own? Or is that not possible or would take up too much space or something like that?

Is it possible to make the background color optional for each user so we can decide if we want black or white background/font on our own? Or is that not possible or would take up too much space or something like that?

Pretty sure they're tired of hearing me **** about it :) so I did toss out a compromise of adding the old look as a board skin in the drop down menu.

I definitely would love to have the old smilies back. I voted for seeing a member's join date as well but that isn't much of a deal breaker or anything. The redundant login is silly and, as TK admitted, the Facebook "like" slider is not only silly, it is very silly indeed.

grahamchapman.jpg

And annoying.

Oh & did I mention it's silly? lol

the new forum software looks great.

i think the most glaring issue is the fact that the site is hosted as a frame within redskins.com template.  i get that its hosted on their servers and is a part of their site now, but it's a tremendous burden on the available screen real estate (not to mention a burdon on the redskins.com servers) to pump out all those redskins.com images and menus and toolbars for every single ExtremeSkins forum pageview.  i don't mind the banner ad (gotta pay the bills) but it'd be nice if while on the extremeskins subdomain, the site could be savvy enough to not present us with the totality of redskins.com content on every page.  it'd improve both user experience as well as performance, server load, and bandwidth costs.  just my two cents.

I am not really sure that this is causing any latency as the header and footer sections (images included) are most likely cached on the local machine. Each page reload will look at the cache and only reload the images if they are different, otherwise it pulls from the local store.

I would agree that it causes a somewhat higher level of page clutter and makes scrolling to the posts you really want to see slightly annoying, but the site is in its early days and there are probably agreements where these need to be displayed.

IMHO, not a big deal really.

Pretty sure they're tired of hearing me **** about it :) so I did toss out a compromise of adding the old look as a board skin in the drop down menu.

Awesome! I see that the profanity filters havent kicked in yet either...This could get rather entertaining! :P

Archived