Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What features do you want back?

TK

What features do you want back?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. What features do you want back?

• Bring back the classic ES brand black background white type look with a "skin" option
    • Ability to view 40 posts per page
    • Show a users join date under their avatar
    • Restore hyperlink in the ES banner to bring you back to the forum homepage
    • Add a direct link to ESPN 980 listen live stream
    • Do away with the redundant login for redskins.com above the ES login
    • Ditch the "Like us on Facebook" slider tab as its in the way & annoying
    • If possible restore PMs from the old VB version
    • Chat room
    • Bring back the tons of old ES smilies
    • Other

I would agree that it causes a somewhat higher level of page clutter and makes scrolling to the posts you really want to see slightly annoying, but the site is in its early days and there are probably agreements where these need to be displayed.

IMHO, not a big deal really.

Ugh. I understand that the team wants to make sure the site carries their brand. That's as it should be. However there has to be a more aesthetically pleasing and space efficient way to do it.

Finally, the smilies are a huge deal. twa is going into the dt's without his grinning debil smilie. Not that I have a problem too. I can quit anytime I want. :-)

I'm really missing the "New Posts" tab. I'm not sure if it has been removed from the site or if I am just can't find it. Either way, it really helped me see what was going on across the site. I'd love to have it, or something similar, back.

I'd like to see the very top part be taken down where it looks like the redskins website and just have the Extremeskins banner at the very top. So, I voted for the redundant "mess" of the extra login and the links that can be found on redskins.com.

Im aware the avatars are coming back, I do miss all the crazy smiley faces under the advanced tab.  The quotes seem like regular text even though they have a box around them.  Maybe color, could help?

I too want to be able to click on the Extremeskins banner to take me there.  I think there could be a better way of incorporating "like us on Facebook" without the slider tab.  It does get in the way of the mouse and then a user has to scroll up or down to navigate and not to accidentally scroll over top of it

I generally like the new look.  I voted for 3 of them, most important being the 40 posts per page.

A thing that I want that was not listed would be to remove the status updates feed on the front page, and I plan on spamming the **** out of that until i get my way. :)

I'm surprised "member join date" is so important to people. Why does that matter so much? Do people ignore new members or something? Is that why nobody talked to me when I first joined?

I always hoped that if you were debating with someone like me who has been here ages but rarely posts, you would look at the join date and not the low post count. So it matters to us old timers who don't talk much :ph34r:

I miss the black background on the old ES. The new setup is cool, but I prefer the white text on a black background.

I think it might be because the sides are black. It makes the brightness of the white stick out much more in comparison. Also, images and graphics in the sigs look more elegant surrounded by a black border than by white (or off-white).

the new forum software looks great.

i think the most glaring issue is the fact that the site is hosted as a frame within redskins.com template.  i get that its hosted on their servers and is a part of their site now, but it's a tremendous burden on the available screen real estate (not to mention a burdon on the redskins.com servers) to pump out all those redskins.com images and menus and toolbars for every single ExtremeSkins forum pageview.  i don't mind the banner ad (gotta pay the bills) but it'd be nice if while on the extremeskins subdomain, the site could be savvy enough to not present us with the totality of redskins.com content on every page.  it'd improve both user experience as well as performance, server load, and bandwidth costs.  just my two cents.

Don't think that (the bolded text from or you post) is the case.  The public IPs for es.redskins.com and www.redskins.com are in two different ranges.  Meaning, this possible iframe that ES is inside could very well be (and seems like it is) hosted on a different set of servers, therefore not eating into any server load or bandwidth.

I'd bet that the "real estate" portion of your post is done based on common web design standards.  Honestly, I find it easier to read things that are not really wide.  I do think the extra Redskins.com related stuff at the top is a bit annoying, I'm not too bothered by the fact that it's there.

While I see where you're coming from, I don't entirely agree.  Mean no offense by it, just see it a bit differently.

HTTR!

Is it possible to make the background color optional for each user so we can decide if we want black or white background/font on our own? Or is that not possible or would take up too much space or something like that?

It sounds like they're trying to make the black background/white text a skin that each user can select.

If they bring that back, I really hope that's what is done.  Personally, I didn't like it at all.  Yes, it looked cool at a glance, but once you read through a few threads and then go back to another webpage that doesn't have that same contrast, it kind of makes your eyes hurt.

I think the black sides and the color scheme that exists for the threads currently is great.

Where's the option for bringing back my ES automatic bank payment? I'm not going to keep posting here if I lose the fact that I was getting paid to do so before! 

The payments have been suspended due to the sequester and the raises to the mods salaries.

Archived