Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What features do you want back?

TK

What features do you want back?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. What features do you want back?

• Bring back the classic ES brand black background white type look with a "skin" option
    • Ability to view 40 posts per page
    • Show a users join date under their avatar
    • Restore hyperlink in the ES banner to bring you back to the forum homepage
    • Add a direct link to ESPN 980 listen live stream
    • Do away with the redundant login for redskins.com above the ES login
    • Ditch the "Like us on Facebook" slider tab as its in the way & annoying
    • If possible restore PMs from the old VB version
    • Chat room
    • Bring back the tons of old ES smilies
    • Other

I'd also add that I'd like a notification of when you've been quoted. I'm not sure that its not here because of other problems I'm having with my accounts, but this is a new account and so when darrellgreenie quoted me in another thread I thought I'd get word of it at my next login, but I didn't.

It sounds like they're trying to make the black background/white text a skin that each user can select.

If they bring that back, I really hope that's what is done.  Personally, I didn't like it at all.  Yes, it looked cool at a glance, but once you read through a few threads and then go back to another webpage that doesn't have that same contrast, it kind of makes your eyes hurt.

I think the black sides and the color scheme that exists for the threads currently is great.

i agree with this.  going from the black background to 99% of the internet's white background, it did something crazy with my eyes.  the white background is way easier to read.

i agree with this.  going from the black background to 99% of the internet's white background, it did something crazy with my eyes.  the white background is way easier to read.

I can see why people think that but since most of my reading is done late at night the white background is near blinding. 

It also has no personality...its like a hospital room...or a room with 4 padded white walls. Then again maybe that is fitting for this place sometimes... :lol:

I'd also add that I'd like a notification of when you've been quoted. I'm not sure that its not here because of other problems I'm having with my accounts, but this is a new account and so when darrellgreenie quoted me in another thread I thought I'd get word of it at my next login, but I didn't.

Is this not a feature anymore? Easily one of the coolest features of old ES, especially when you're posting in IS RG3 OK and there are 45678765678 pages to sort through.

I like the results of this poll. Please focus on the top 4-5 issues and the site will be better than ever.

There is a notification tab here, next to your user name at the top of the page. You may have to mess with your profile/options to get it to work, but it's there.

Is this not a feature anymore? Easily one of the coolest features of old ES, especially when you're posting in IS RG3 OK and there are 45678765678 pages to sort through.

I like the results of this poll. Please focus on the top 4-5 issues and the site will be better than ever.

There is a notification tab here, next to your user name at the top of the page. You may have to mess with your profile/options to get it to work, but it's there.

There is a notification tab, but as of now, I'm not getting notifications of being quoted. Like for example, the only way I knew of being quoted here was the fact that I came in here with something else to say. I'm not really sure what they notify me of right now come to think of it. I don't think I've been notified of anything since the changeover.

Be nice if when we scroll over a topic, if it shows the first few lines of the OP. That really helped distinguish between BS threads and ones worthy of my time, and it reduces the naysayer comments of "oh, I thought this thread was about....".

There is a preview button beside each thread that pulls up a drop down so you can see what the thread is about. 

There is a notification tab, but as of now, I'm not getting notifications of being quoted. Like for example, the only way I knew of being quoted here was the fact that I came in here with something else to say. I'm not really sure what they notify me of right now come to think of it. I don't think I've been notified of anything since the changeover.

Like I said, I think you have to change some of the options under your user profile. I think the default setting is that they notify you by email, but not the tab at the top. I could be wrong, but I remember messing around with the new site a little on the first day and that was one of the things that stuck out to me. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Like I said, I think you have to change some of the options under your user profile. I think the default setting is that they notify you by email, but not the tab at the top. I could be wrong, but I remember messing around with the new site a little on the first day and that was one of the things that stuck out to me. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you're correct.

Being able to goto the LAST POST in any thread would be cool to have back!

You can do that now. Over on the right side of a thread (on the main page) where it says who posted last, under it says a time (something like "Today, 4:52 PM") That time is a hyperlink to the lost post in a thread.

OK, that means that I've got to play around with the new format more. I'm an old man now I'm not really into learning new things, especially if its not gonna help me make money.

As an update to previous posts (I remember asking what I would actually get notifications for), I did get a notification that somebody (B.A.M.F. and lupin_iv) liked one of my posts. Still no word on replies to posts though.

Your original account works now, right?

really miss the "Top" button

can you still see if you had activity in post without having to click in it ... 

this is petty, but I got use to clicking on the EXTREMESKINS banner at the top to take me home

overall, I appreciate the change, looking good. 

Archived