Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Games Will The Skins WIN this year - Regular Season 2013?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Those games were we had to hang in there were games hang-in there games due to the fact that the defense was missing 4 starters and other bad luck on our part. Even a couple of those close losses would have been solid wins for us had we not had bad luck. Now, you could argue that since the last couple of games would likely have been meaningless to us, we might have coasted.

I agree totally. Not sure if you thought i was saying something else.

As always, it hinges on health. That being said, we are as deep or deeper at every position than we were last year. We've kept the same team as last year and at worst, added depth at CB, S and TE. At best we've added some contributing or starting talent in the secondary. If we can remain more healthy than last year, I don't think 10 wins is out of reach despite a difficult schedule. In fact, if we can have a good year healthwise, I see no reason no to be optimistic about 10+ wins. Not saying I'd expect it, but this team is pretty damn good and has a lot of character to get the job done in tough situations. I have faith we'll get to at least 10 wins and a division title.

I see us at 10-6 again with another home playoff game. I think the relative weakness in our division will help us, and I hope that Philly doesn't surprise us and have a good season. If anyone deserves to wallow in the muck for a few years...it's Philthy.

I'd like to see us win a playoff game and possibly threaten an NFC title game appearance. I still think we are a couple of pieces from competing for a title, but I like our chances to make that jump next year with a few FAs and another solid draft. Either way, it's certianly nice to enjoy football on Sundays again. :)

Last year our schedule was supposed to be uber-difficult, wasn't it? I vividly remember everyone saying that if we don't win the majority of our games early in the season, we'd be done. That worked out to be the complete opposite, because we're a good team. Good teams don't look at the schedule. They just win the majority of games they play.

I can never understand the whole "tough schedule" thing. Things change so much every year it's absolutely worthless to assume how difficult the schedule will be until after the year is over.

With a healthy team, with improvement from young players and consistent play from veterans the Skins likely go between 10-6 and 13-3. No season is ever totally ideal. There are games that teams lose that they should win and vice versa. Every game is tough it is pro football. I say 12-4 and another NFC East division title. Playoffs are like another season imho, however I think the Skins will be one of the handful of teams that are serious Super Bowl contenders this season.

I agree totally. Not sure if you thought i was saying something else.

My bad, I'm just soo pumped. A real coach, real talent on the roster, and a F/O that's doing its job. Last year was a great start to this era. Time to put this franchise back where it belongs.

I am done predicting a w/l record based on a paper schedule. Too much changes season to season in the NFL, especially in the modern era, and then you factor in injuries, division rivalries etc etc etc and you could be totally wrong about which teams pose the biggest obstacles.

Look at last season alone, the 'Skins put themselves into a 3-6 hole which included games that seemed very winnable against some teams who didn't amount to much, but then go on a 7 game win streak for easily the toughest stretch of their schedule, make the playoffs.

To answer a few queries as to the why people look at the schedule and say it's 'tough', as opposed to not looking at our own strengths and thinking we're tough opponents and teams should be worrying about ourselves .....

I think it's natural you look at the strengths and weaknesses of your opposition. We have road games at Atlanta, Denver, Green Bay and Minnesota. All far more established in today's game than ourselves. And all notoriously hard places to go get a W in. The same with Detroit, San Francisco and to a lesser extent Chicago at home. All further along in their development and experience than ourselves. That's half the schedule right there. You then throw in the divisional games, which although we're by far the strongest team in the East; have a habit of surprising you and being pretty evenly split over the course of the year across all four teams. Throw in an early bye, and then more or less 12 straight weeks of football save for the 'mini' bye with the Thursday Vikings game; and some tough stretches of divisional games interspaced with established playoff teams; and it's not hard to see why folk look upon this years schedule as being real tough.

It's no slight on ourselves as I'm sure we're a major threat on all our oppositions schedule with 10 directing things alone. But even given the awesome way last year played out, we're still 'babys' so to speak in terms of our experience and development compared to some of the teams we have to do battle with.

At least that's how I factor it everything in.

Hail.

Personally I'd rather feel optimistic at this time of year. If this thread gets dredged up later and someone wants to break my balls about high expectations, so be it, that's better than seeing it in the Stadium next spring after a wildly successful season and being cast in the role of a pessimist.

Personally I'd rather feel optimistic at this time of year. If this thread gets dredged up later and someone wants to break my balls about high expectations, so be it, that's better than seeing it in the Stadium next spring after a wildly successful season and being cast in the role of a pessimist.

You mean, like, you're a 'fan?' Speaking from the heart like fandom allows us? :yikes:

Just messing with you bro'. I love the positivity. I'm just too analytical by nature and too much of a pragmatist to really allow myself to let lose on expectations for this group. YET!

But from 2014 and beyond, bar an absolute disaster this year; I'm chairing the 'New Jersey Here We Come !'' campaign.

Slogan: We're the Washington Redskins. And we're coming for our trophy back!

Hail.

I picked 12. This is the way I think is going to go. Cousins starts off the season and goes 3-1. The man himself a.k.a RG-DA 3rd comes in and goes 9-3. All 3 loses are down to the wire with the refs screwing us in every one of those loses.: D Hall gets pissed and gets injected in one of them. :silly:

Haha... I will make an exception my 13-3, because this would be why lol

It all depends on health. Tough to vote until I know how RG3 is doing week 1.

Right now I'm hanging around 9 wins because the schedule is brutal. With a cakewalk schedule (see: last year's Colts) and a healthy roster I think they could put up 11-12 wins.

i voted 11 wins. i dont think the team regresses and we improve on last years success. Yes we have a tougher schedule but we also dont have a rookie qb anymore. The experience of last year and another year in the same system we should show improvement. Plus like another poster stated it seems our time to run the NFC East, all the other teams are starting there decline while we are on the way up.

As usual, I can't commit to a solid number. So many variables to consider.

Will those draft picks make the squad and will they make an immediate impact on our secondary?

How much will our pass rush improve with a (hopefully) healthy Brian Orakpo and Brandon Jacobs?

Will we still have the same solid rushing defense we had last year?

How many games is RGIII gonna start?

If he's not ready for week one, will Kirk Cousins get the job done on Monday Night against a division opponent?

Was Alfred Morris a one season wonder or will he be able to repeat his performance from last season?

I'd like to think this is a 10-12 win season, but it's far too early to tell. I guess I'll split the difference and say we go 11-5 and win the division again.

Archived