Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Games Will The Skins WIN this year - Regular Season 2013?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we improve over last season and win 11 games, win the division, advance at least to the division round of the playoffs. As much as I'd love to say a Super Bowl run is this season, I still feel we're a year away from being in the talks as Super Bowl contenders.

I have a question for the older guys since I was 5 the last time this happened and have not a clue.

Does the Super Bowl celebration parade have a set path through DC or is it different every time? How does this typically go down. I assume it finishes at Fedex for the presser/interviews/partay. Just trying to plan in advance of the amazing things to come.

:point2sky

I have a question for the older guys since I was 5 the last time this happened and have not a clue.

Does the Super Bowl celebration parade have a set path through DC or is it different every time? How does this typically go down. I assume it finishes at Fedex for the presser/interviews/partay. Just trying to plan in advance of the amazing things to come.

:point2sky

I know the SB XVII victory parade went down Pennsylvania Avenue (I think it was rainy that day). Not sure, but I think SB XXII was the same and ended at the White House with Reagan. My minds a blank for SB XXVI... and who knows now with the DC council whoo-haas that might want to use name change leverage. Just make sure of one thing... be in Georgetown on victory night :beavisnbutthead:

Guest Spearfeather

It's still so early.

Hopefully, we have a nice change of pace to Morris with our picks at RB, and our offense could be nearly unstoppable.

I think we will be a better team, facing a tougher schedule, and finish with 10 wins.

We were fortunate that Our Oline stayed healthy all year; not sure we can count on that again, and even if it does, RT is still a question mark. Course, we were also unfortunate with other injuries, so maybe it evens out.......

I say 10-6, with the Giants right on our heels. As much as I hate them, I can't even remember the last time they fared any worse than 8-8. We win the division, but this time we win at least 1 playoff game. Though a SB appearance is by no means out of our reach, I still think we have too many question marks to get there at this point.

How much will our pass rush improve with a (hopefully) healthy Brian Orakpo and Brandon Jacobs?

Big # 27 rushing the passer? I like it. Vet min + incentives? :)

I'm going with an optimistic 11-5. I think RG3 starts the season whether he's 100% or not and I really hope he makes it through the season. Even if he misses time I love Cousins. He's underrated athletically and looks fearless out there. Hopefully we only see this gunslinger because we're resting starters for the playoffs!

I think Morris turns in another excellent year. Hopefully Garçon can stay healthy and if J. Reed turns out to be a factor in the passing game that could be a huge bonus for this offense.

I expect the defense to improve and hopefully create a lot of sacks and turnovers. I think 1-2 of the newly drafted DBs become starters by mid season and hopefully we don't get beat over the top like we saw so often in the first half of 2012.

People always say "We will be better because so and so will be back healthy" and while it sounds nice, injuries will be a factor, just hopefully to a lesser extent this year.

I don't think I'm gonna vote until after the last pre-season game, and we can see who makes the final roster, and also who is going to be healthy. If everyone is healthy and playing well, could be 10-12 games. If there are some injuries or questions at some positions, might be less.

I guess we can go on to 11 this year. It doesn't really matter if we're starting RG3 or KC to me in fact.

The only thing that burdens me is that we do have a bye in the 4th week which is way too soon in the season.

But yeah, we can go 11 if we don't get too many injuries.

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

Anybody who thinks were gonna coast to 12+ wins this year is quite optimistic.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

This is how I feel as well. Even though I think this team is a bit better than last year I have them dropping a game to 9 wins. I think the schedule and as you said the year for DC to study the offense is a key point. We already saw how they took away that play fake/skinny post route that was a staple of the offense. I'll add the point that our OL was incredibly lucky with a lack of injuries and I don't see that happening again.

I think we stand a chance against Atlanta also. We were hanging with them until RG3 got knocked out and still only lost by 7.

I can see us going 11-5.

Very nice sig btw... I chose 10-6 again, another division title. all hinges upon a healthy Robert. The season is so far away.... lol I'm hoping for 11-5 as you chose however. httr!

Watching the Skins in those first couple of series against the Seahags in the playoffs before Robert got hurt, I thought to myself, OMG, they look like Joe Gibb's teams when they were dominant. I was actually shocked to see that, as I thought they'd really struggle early against that stiff defense with Robert not quite 100%. Now, add some more offensive weapons into the mix such as a healthy Fred Davis, a nice looking TE from the draft, another year for Hankerson to mature and step up a level, Robert maturing another year, and the offense could really take off like a bat out of hell.

I realize that defense's may find a way to slow down the pistol, but I doubt they'll be able to completely snuff it out. Besides, I think Robert has the tools to be great with or without the pistol. Just running that zone blocking scheme and the boot legs will be hard to stop with Alfred and Robert doing what they do.

With the defense playing better down the home stretch last year, getting a healthy Rak and Carriker back, possibly getting Merriweather and/or Jackson back, and now add to that mixture a good drafting of secondary help with some pretty good upside potential, and things appear to def be headed in the right direction.

The ability to hold our opponents to fewer points, combined with what this offense may well be capable of in its second year under Robert, and there's a decent possibility that come the fall, we may all be saying "wow, that's a lot more than I expected".

I realize that defense's may find a way to slow down the pistol, but I doubt they'll be able to completely snuff it out. Besides, I think Robert has the tools to be great with or without the pistol. Just running that zone blocking scheme and the boot legs will be hard to stop with Alfred and Robert doing what they do.

I agree with this a lot. Robert could run the Kirk Cousins Browns gameplan to a frickin tee. Besides let them sell out to stop the read option. We only have to run it a few times a game to throw a defense completely off guard so good luck guessing which time that is going to be since our basic offense out of the pistol looks the same.

In addition, Kyle and Mike have also had the entire offseason to counter what DCs can do in addition to gaining a couple new weapons. Our offense is going to still be very tough to stop. It will also be hard for our defense to be worse than they were the first games of the season too and I don't really think the schedule is that much harder.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the answer is 9 wins in the regular season. I'm tempted to go higher. But, I'm convinced the read option will be a serious homework assignment for the league's defensive coordinators.

What I want to see: A read option OPTION. RG3 demonstrates his incredible arm with an awesome display of pure quarterback mechanics and a team in the top three of teams with yards gained through the air.

What I expect to happen: League brown shirts will conspire to suspend a third of our roster with ticky tack charges. Mara last seen remotely controlling his mindless disciples from the jungles of Cambodia. Redskins and Raiders fans retaliate with a boycott of NFL merchandise. The league will take the extraordinary step of requiring fans to purchase merchandise or forfeit their game tickets. At least one game will be played in a half empty FedEx.

If Griffin were 100% healthy I'd have us at about 12 wins. With him up in the air, but assuming he'll play SOME, I'm sitting at about 10. Give or take.

I think with Griffin this is a winning team. I mean, a team we can expect to see a winning season from every year. It really depends on how healthy he can stay.

I see a lot of posts basically saying, "it depends on RGIII's health." It feels like a cop-out to deflect accountability (not that we're talking about anything huge here), like a weatherman saying "80% sure it'll rain tomorrow, depending on the wind." Well, yeah.

Is there any team in any sport whose record doesn't depend hugely on the health of the quarterback (or his equivalent)?

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

Anybody who thinks were gonna coast to 12+ wins this year is quite optimistic.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

We won our division and made the playoffs with half our starting defense on IR.

Archived