Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Games Will The Skins WIN this year - Regular Season 2013?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No idea, and I don't like to guess. Just came in this thread to say how nice it is to see that not a single vote has them with a losing season :)

Wait until this gets asked in future seasons.

It'll be like the glory years when we 'only' win 10 games and ask 'what went wrong? How the F did that happen?' Lol.

Something very, very special is being built here. It'll make the lean years of absolute dross we've suffered all the sweeter when we do get back to the top if that mountain. And we will. Our time is coming again.

Hail.

You act as If hanging onto to win is something that should go against you. The fact that we actually hung on and in some instances made a play to hang on is a vast improvement from the Redskins teams of years past that let those wins get away. Plus, nearly every team in the Playoffs had wins where they barely hung on for the win (including the Ravens against the Cowboys just off the top of my head). The NFL is too good to win comfortably week after week, those types of wins are what separates good teams from bad teams. Don't be surprised if we match or exceed 10 wins with just as many nail biters

Those games were we had to hang in there were games hang-in there games due to the fact that the defense was missing 4 starters and other bad luck on our part. Even a couple of those close losses would have been solid wins for us had we not had bad luck. Now, you could argue that since the last couple of games would likely have been meaningless to us, we might have coasted.

It's been 20 years since we've seen 11 or more wins. The Allen and Gibbs years combined (another 20 years) gave us 6 years of 11 or more. I picked 8-8 last year because, as good as RGIII is, as a rookie he was going to be on a learning curve. We ended up 2 games better and a division championship (would've never thunk it). So, I picked this year for us to go one game better (hopefully more) and to finally achieve what we haven't for the last 20 years. But of course I'll take us going much further into the playoffs over any of that.

No idea, and I don't like to guess. Just came in this thread to say how nice it is to see that not a single vote has them with a losing season :)

I hope we don't have fans who still think we can be below 500 this year.

Funny thing is last year there were a lot of votes for a losing record. Hell, I even said we go 7-9 but those games after the bye turned that prediction around really quick and we ended up with a NFCE title.

I think that RG3 has made even the doubtful ones (even the one how said Luck is the better QB after the draft) into believers... well at least I hope so. :)

Going to take 11 wins for the division title so I am going with that.

Ya' think?

Dallas are an absolute mess. Can't see them topping 8 wins max. The Eagles are in complete transition. They could be worse than the Cowboys. And the Giants aren't that strong across the board.

I have 9 wins taking the East.

Hail.

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

Anybody who thinks were gonna coast to 12+ wins this year is quite optimistic.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

Just because the score is close doesn't mean the team was lucky to win the game.

I think we sweep the division, so that's 6 wins. The Cowboys are one crucial Romo sits to pee INT from potentially imploding, Eagles I think have some talent but their quarterback situation still needs to get solved, and I hate the ****ing Giants and never want them to win another game. So that's 6.

My modest guess is 11-5. Packers, Broncos, 49ers, Falcons, and even the Bears are going to be tough games. Minnesota should have a pretty good team too if Ponder can take the next step. But 11-5 I think is a nice, solid guess.

My more optimistic guess is 13-3, if everything rolls our way.

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

Anybody who thinks were gonna coast to 12+ wins this year is quite optimistic.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

I think 12-13 wins is realist. We did 10 wins w/out a starter quality Safeties, #1 pass rusher, mostly w/out our starting TE, and starting LE. 10-6 to me would be a slide backwards should we get those starters back. Garçon missed a bulk of the games. We ran a new offense w/ New pieces and a rookie backfield. The offense was pretty vanilla and the defense was limited. Those games you say we barely hung on to. They were wins. We didn't blow anybody out last season but we found a way to finish those games. Signs of a team maturing. We came out and hammered Seattle before RGIII reinjured his knee. C'mon bro , have faith in our squad.

I think 12-13 wins is realist. We did 10 wins w/out a starter quality Safeties, #1 pass rusher, mostly w/out our starting TE, and starting LE. 10-6 to me would be a slide backwards should we get those starters back. Garçon missed a bulk of the games. We ran a new offense w/ New pieces and a rookie backfield. The offense was pretty vanilla and the defense was limited. Those games you say we barely hung on to. They were wins. We didn't blow anybody out last season but we found a way to finish those games. Signs of a team maturing. We came out and hammered Seattle before RGIII reinjured his knee. C'mon bro , have faith in our squad.

so, the 31-6 beatdown of philly in the 1st game wasnt a blowout? and the first half of the first dallas game wasn't a blowout? yeah, ok...

If Griffin is 100% all year, we can beat anybody. I voted 11, with a deep playoff run. Great players perform in great moments. See: 80% RG3 against Philly, Dallas and 1st quarter vs Seattle. 35% RG3, however, couldn't keep it up.

I picked 12. This is the way I think is going to go. Cousins starts off the season and goes 3-1. The man himself a.k.a RG-DA 3rd comes in and goes 9-3. All 3 loses are down to the wire with the refs screwing us in every one of those loses.: D Hall gets pissed and gets injected in one of them. :silly:

Archived