Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Games Will The Skins WIN this year - Regular Season 2013?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

9-7 I say. We still have JHass up here,and I don't like it at all. If we do go 11-5 I will be pumped up though, I just think with the cap penalty it stunted our growth from last years team. In combination with JH, I think that will cost us one more game from last year's record. So I say 9-7

I am normally very much an optimist when it comes the Redskins and their outlook going into a season but I am more than a little cautious in regard to this upcoming year.The schedule,while ranked only the 18th hardest,seems brutal to me.I think things will have to go extremely well to reach last years total.I am going to say 7 or 8 wins and hope I am wrong by 2 or 3 wins.If the defense gels early and gets a better pash rush as well as good secondary play from the new db's I could be way off.

I see a lot of posts basically saying, "it depends on RGIII's health." It feels like a cop-out to deflect accountability (not that we're talking about anything huge here), like a weatherman saying "80% sure it'll rain tomorrow, depending on the wind." Well, yeah.

Is there any team in any sport whose record doesn't depend hugely on the health of the quarterback (or his equivalent)?

Of course, however, OUR quarterback is trying to recover from a very recent, very serious injury. His health is a much bigger question mark than any given team in any given sport (or his equivalent.)

So obviously this year, as opposed to a typical year for a typical team, it's going to be factored in to a larger degree.

That doesn't make it a cop out. It makes it an area of concern.

Of course, however, OUR quarterback is trying to recover from a very recent, very serious injury. His health is a much bigger question mark than any given team in any given sport (or his equivalent.)

So obviously this year, as opposed to a typical year for a typical team, it's going to be factored in to a larger degree.

Yep, injuries--or hopefully the lack thereof--will tell the tale. Especially since we didn't add much of anything to our OL.

I think this team's fortunes would be drastically altered if Trent went down. We're way too thin there for a team with a franchise QB who suffered major injuries (concussion and knee) in only his first year.

9-7 I say. We still have JHass up here,and I don't like it at all. If we do go 11-5 I will be pumped up though, I just think with the cap penalty it stunted our growth from last years team. In combination with JH, I think that will cost us one more game from last year's record. So I say 9-7

You know, I hated Haslett during the first half of the season and was on the bandwagon of folks wanting to show him the door. But he earned some respect with that 7 game streak where the D completely stepped up and played extremely well despite the number of injuries we had. With a healthy defense, I think we'll compete even with the toughest opponents on the schedule this year. I just don't see us getting healthy, adding playmakers we picked up in the draft, and still dropping to 9-7.

I see what you're saying, but it's more binary than you're putting it out there to be. If our quarterback is healthy, then we'll get more wins. If our quarterback isn't healthy, then we'll get fewer wins. That can be applied to every team.

It doesn't matter if RGIII missed the first two or middle two or last two or if Tom Brady missed the first two or middle two or last two. Missing games from your quarterback is missing games, and it's an area of concern for everyone.

When answering the "how many wins" question, that should be factored into the answer, not a qualifier to be able to back out of an answer later.

I'm not getting on you in particular, I just am sick of hearing it from our fans and every other team's fans.

I went with 12 wins. Our whole team is better with another year's experience, and only Fletcher is older in a bad way. We might have depth at pass rush, RB, TE that all can be used as well as not just instead of (i.e. Davis + Reed together will be hard to stop) from the draft. Add in the influx of DB talent and I think we're looking good.

We have a few areas where injury will be bad - like LT but other areas like interior OL, front 5 on D, maybe even S :ols: that are looking good as a group. I really like our back up QB situation, I think we're league leading in that position group. Adding their highest rated passing TE to Davis could be really hard to stop, and there's the 'big play' desire that Banks was a focal point of last season that is still being explored.

I'm expecting Kyle to use what he has to take some teams apart this season, he has a bunch of talent and only Williams and Garcon haven't got an ok replacement. We have playable depth everywhere else on that side of the ball. On D our front 7 will be better with a year more experience and another pass rusher for the rotation/depth. Our CBs will either be the same or upgraded as last year and we might have 4 starting S this year instead of the none we had at times last season.

We have a 10 win QB with a good team around him. That's 12 wins and a ticket to the dance. We were so lucky to be in the market for a QB when we got Griffin. We're in with a shout of winning it all every year for 10 years or more, years we have a good team too we'll be really dangerous :)

Archived