Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This is my favorite Logo i've seen so far. I don't like the full Wolf or Wolfhead. 

Btw, maybe im missing something but what kind of Warriors would we be if not a NA Warrior of some type? 

Social Justice Warrior: A Brief Definition | Atheist Revolution

I think i'm not going to worry about what they come up with until they come up with something.  Then I'll complain.  Probably.  Nothing will be the same and I'm not a fan of change so it'll be hard identifying with something new no matter what it is.

18 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This is my favorite Logo i've seen so far. I don't like the full Wolf or Wolfhead. 

Btw, maybe im missing something but what kind of Warriors would we be if not a NA Warrior of some type? 

Seriously? Arrows and Warriors are not exclusive to NA culture. I even said Spartan spear on the helmet. I dont care for the wolf R logo either. I was never a fan and didnt understand why Gibbs wore that hat when I was a young man. I still dont. I do like the R with the wolf's head at the base for a secondary logo honoring the Gibbs R. 

I vote Warriors with the Spartan Spear a la 60's throwbacks but I will embrace Redwolves as well. 

HTTR

Imagine being Snyder. You’re this super rich guy, owns a yacht with a ****ing movie theater. Owns a damn NFL football team. Just drowning in money. Then, you have this newspaper owned by the richest man alive. The paper is a ****ing side project. Like, he just tosses some change down and says, “Go report news.” That’s how rich this ****ing guy is. Like, this guy could buy Snyder’s team 100 times over if he wanted. This guy makes your wealth look like the wealth of a poor person scraping by paycheck to paycheck living in a one-bedroom apartment. And this guy’s side project newspaper is about to turn your life upside down and there is nothing you can do about it but wait. With your NFL football team and your mega yacht with a movie theater, you just wait for the richest man alive’s pet project to tear your ass a new one.

Just imagine it.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Imagine being Snyder. You’re this super rich guy, owns a yacht with a ****ing movie theater. Owns a damn NFL football team. Just drowning in money. Then, you have this newspaper owned by the richest man alive. The paper is a ****ing side project. Like, he just tosses some change down and says, “Go report news.” That’s how rich this ****ing guy is. Like, this guy could buy Snyder’s team 100 times over if he wanted. This guy makes your wealth look like the wealth of a poor person scraping by paycheck to paycheck living in a one-bedroom apartment. And this guy’s side project newspaper is about to turn your life upside down and there is nothing you can do about it but wait. With your NFL football team and your mega yacht with a movie theater, you just wait for the richest man alive’s pet project to tear your ass a new one.

Just imagine it.

But if Bezos wants the team, that's the one thing Snyder can make sure he never gets.  

4 minutes ago, pigskinned said:

But if Bezos wants the team, that's the one thing Snyder can make sure he never gets.  

Not if this turns out to be so toxic a tale when the article is released that the NFL removes Snyder and takes stewardship of the team and conducts their own auction/search for a new owner.

There is precedence for this at least in the NBA with Sterling. I’m sure the league allows for something like this in extremus with a 2/3 ownership vote.

50 minutes ago, bentskin said:

I vote Warriors with the Spartan Spear a la 60's throwbacks but I will embrace Redwolves as well. 

HTTR

You don't think its kinda goofy to be the Warrioirs when we'd clearly be a Spartan or Greek Warrior? 

Why wouldn't we be Spartans? 

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

You don't think its kinda goofy to be the Warriors when we'd clearly be a Spartan or Greek Warrior? 

Why wouldn't we be Spartans? 

Because Warriors works better in general and is very flexible. I only use Spartan spear to separate from an arrow which some will try and associate as NA. Although, like I said, I dont think Native Americans can claim ownership over an image of an arrow, minus the feather of course. They could use a specific arrow from another era but I thought the spear with a ribbon hanging off would best fit the helmet and this was commonly done to mark your spear.

HTTR

image.png.e8f20bb8936922b5c3b721a3dc4dea9a.png

I'm going to preface this post by admitting this is pure conjecture on my part, but here goes:

Based on all the rumors out there, I'm assuming the WaPo story coming out is really that bad- the type of thing the league would have to address in a Donald Sterling type way. The term often used by the NCAA comes to mind: Lack of Institutional Control.  Snyder might not be directly involved but its so bad that his entire organization comes into question that it could happen under his nose.  If all that's true, the league gave him two options:

1) Do nothing, get eviscerated publicly and forever linked to the story. Eventually he'd be forced to sell the team by the league, and the team would have on-field penalties (draft picks, cap space, etc.) which would impair the sale price. Whatever we learn tomorrow would also be forever linked to his already disastrous legacy as an owner.

2) He can come out after the story, admit that it shouldn't have happened under his watch, but while it wasn't his fault, he feels like the team deserves a new start, blah blah blah. Then he sells the team for a better price with some plausible deniability that he's doing it for the sake of the team. As a final act here, the new owners don't want to deal with the name controversy, so he was also asked to be the fall guy for removing the team's name of 87 years.  That part will be part of his legacy but its nothing compared whatever news is coming out tomorrow, and it's long overdue in many people's eyes.

The only questionable part of my fan fiction is that Bezos has been rumored to wanting to buy the team for ages.  Given that Amazon shutting off team merchandise and tomorrow's WaPo article are key milestones in this story, there's a massive conflict of interest.  But that's never phased the NFL owners.  They've been wanting Bezos in their ranks for a while.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I kinda dig the Notre Dame-esque unis. Those would be sharp!

Yep.  Become the first team in the league to have absolutely nothing on the helmet.  Not even any stripes like the Browns.  I say why not.  With that color scheme it could look pretty cool.

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Not if this turns out to be so toxic a tale when the article is released that the NFL removes Snyder and takes stewardship of the team and conducts their own auction/search for a new owner.

i'm pretty sure it's about me finally getting my statue

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'm pretty sure it's about me finally getting my statue

Didn't I see you in the first Avengers movie?

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I swear I read by July 28th...but I cant find the source info. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

It was Florio.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/to-avoid-leaks-daniel-snyder-keeps-small-circle-for-name-logo-process/

Carpenter reports that the team hopes to have the new name in place before training camp opens on July 28.

Archived