Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Didn't I see you in the first Avengers movie?

It was Florio.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/to-avoid-leaks-daniel-snyder-keeps-small-circle-for-name-logo-process/

but the original PR said the redskins name will be used until the review is completed.  what if the review was BS and to buy time for the new ownership group to make the decision. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Imagine being Snyder. You’re this super rich guy, owns a yacht with a ****ing movie theater. Owns a damn NFL football team. Just drowning in money. Then, you have this newspaper owned by the richest man alive. The paper is a ****ing side project. Like, he just tosses some change down and says, “Go report news.” That’s how rich this ****ing guy is. Like, this guy could buy Snyder’s team 100 times over if he wanted. This guy makes your wealth look like the wealth of a poor person scraping by paycheck to paycheck living in a one-bedroom apartment. And this guy’s side project newspaper is about to turn your life upside down and there is nothing you can do about it but wait. With your NFL football team and your mega yacht with a movie theater, you just wait for the richest man alive’s pet project to tear your ass a new one.

Just imagine it.

Capitalism at its absolute peak. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So I'm beginning to wonder if these firings were a way for the team to try to get out in front of whatever this bomb is that's about to drop.

As we all know, Snyder never does anything because it's actually the right thing to do

Do we know, for a fact, that there’s going to be a story in tomorrow’s wapo? And if it’s so big? Why Thursday? Why not Monday to get everyone talking all week long?

Im starting to become dubious about this bombshell.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Do we know, for a fact, that there’s going to be a story in tomorrow’s wapo? And if it’s so big? Why Thursday? Why not Monday to get everyone talking all week long?

It was originally monday wasnt it?

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I don't know what from where, honestly.  I was expecting something bright and early Mon. morning, yet crickets. But it would seem as if something is still coming this week  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 7/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, kwitt said:

Washington Football Club please.  Every name offends someone.  Plain burgundy and gold.  I'd rather my team have no name than changed from Redskins to another name.  

I'd be down with that if it wasn't the name of a soccer team.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Imagine being Snyder. You’re this super rich guy, owns a yacht with a ****ing movie theater. Owns a damn NFL football team. Just drowning in money. Then, you have this newspaper owned by the richest man alive. The paper is a ****ing side project. Like, he just tosses some change down and says, “Go report news.” That’s how rich this ****ing guy is. Like, this guy could buy Snyder’s team 100 times over if he wanted. This guy makes your wealth look like the wealth of a poor person scraping by paycheck to paycheck living in a one-bedroom apartment. And this guy’s side project newspaper is about to turn your life upside down and there is nothing you can do about it but wait. With your NFL football team and your mega yacht with a movie theater, you just wait for the richest man alive’s pet project to tear your ass a new one.

Just imagine it.

Kind of ironic after the Enquirer tried to extort Bezos. If this is the case I guess he really wants the team. Honestly it would probably be good for the fans, he can drop tons of bucks on facilities etc.

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What I’ve read is that WaPo’s lawyers are all over this thing and that’s holding it up. Frankly we’re all guessing at this point, but for multiple people close to the team to report that this article is bigger news than the name change, i have to believe its a huge deal.

And given the timing of the personnel changes (weeks before camp opens), i also share the opinion it’s all related.

5 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Kind of ironic after the Enquirer tried to extort Bezos. If this is the case I guess he really wants the team. Honestly it would probably be good for the fans, he can drop tons of bucks on facilities etc.

For the record, I don’t think Bezos is really trying to pinch Snyder. The Post has long been an adversary to the team.

Now if the chips fall that way, I won’t be mad. Bezos is probably 1,000 times the owner that Snyder is.

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Not if this turns out to be so toxic a tale when the article is released that the NFL removes Snyder and takes stewardship of the team and conducts their own auction/search for a new owner.

There is precedence for this at least in the NBA with Sterling. I’m sure the league allows for something like this in extremus with a 2/3 ownership vote.

Sterling was a racist, with a history of racism.  Also, recorded making racist comments.  Snyder has no actual dirt on him thus far, at least nothing found.  He's also changing the name, regardless of the reason it came to this.  I seriously doubt he has violated any terms of the NFL bylaws that could get him removed.  

1 minute ago, wrilbo67 said:

What I’ve read is that WaPo’s lawyers are all over this thing and that’s holding it up. Frankly we’re all guessing at this point, but for multiple people close to the team to report that this article is bigger news than the name change, i have to believe its a huge deal.

And given the timing of the personnel changes (weeks before camp opens), i also share the opinion it’s all related.

Yeah, I posted a couple pages ago. Maybe this is why the front office firings, maybe this is why minority owners want to sell, maybe even, this is why Larry Michael is out.

6 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

My nomination for your statue's expression. <mod edit sgt. schultz pic out of quote---wow see how it works>

this is the one i've used here over the years---i like mine

472.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

this is the one i've used here over the years---i like mine

They did all the filming of HH in los angles. Imagine having to wear a full uniform, likely wool and a winter coat, for such a big fella like Schultz. Not to mention Bob Crane probably smelling like a bottle of rubbing alcohol as you try to say your lines.

30 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

They did all the filming of HH in los angles. Imagine having to wear a full uniform, likely wool and a winter coat, for such a big fella like Schultz. Not to mention Bob Crane probably smelling like a bottle of rubbing alcohol as you try to say your lines.

Side note...they filmed MASH in a desert type area. So when they had to dress for winter in Korea, it was actually in the 90s or hotter. The writers wrote in it being winter every time the actors wanted to change their lines as punishment.

51 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Bezos has better things to do than run the Redskins.  He could buy the entire league if he wanted to do so. 

He owns the Post. This would just be yet another pet project for him that he could hire competent people to run.

True story: me and a buddy went to the Cincinnati Bearcats vs Kentucky Wildcats NCAA tourney game in 2005 and spent the whole game chanting, “Let’s go cats!” We thought we were hilarious.

Still an Arizona Wildcats vs Kentucky Wildcats game would’ve been even better.

There does seem to be a thick plume of smoke billowing in Ashburn 🤔

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/15/larry-michael-retires-washington-nfl-team/#click=https://t.co/4AG7qltqDz

Larry Michael, the lead play-by-play announcer on radio broadcasts of Washington’s NFL team the last 16 seasons, announced his retirement Wednesday.

The team declined to comment about Michael’s retirement.

Hmmm....

Archived