Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You don't actually think this do you?

Who's going to want to advertise with a team that drops them for vindictive reasons like that? Dan will quickly run out of money when nobody wants to spend money on a loose cannon like that.

Let alone get a stadium built, which is going to be near impossible at this point.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Let alone get a stadium built, which is going to be near impossible at this point.

Well if the city is going to fund it (it shouldn't) then what's the big deal??? 🙃

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Well if the city is going to fund it (it shouldn't) then what's the big deal??? 🙃

Yeah, because the name change was the only impetus. Local politicians will be lining up to work with Dan Snyder! Such a charming fellow...

:ols:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Springfield said:

You don't actually think this do you?

Who's going to want to advertise with a team that drops them for vindictive reasons like that? Dan will quickly run out of money when nobody wants to spend money on a loose cannon like that.

That's a reasonable consideration.  It's a tough situation being dependent on other people's money.  But any business partner that threatens me or to destroy my business because they suddenly have a problem with me that they apparently didn't have for many years is now a business partner that I can't trust any longer. Diligently looking to replace them would certainly be on the table. Whether that is seen as vindictive or not.  In Dan's case, isn't he already seen as petty and vindictive anyway? People will line up to advertise with an NFL team whether they like him or not.

• Like 2

Dan is going to let the heat of his current fire die down then announce ... he needs the team out of headlines for at least three weeks. 

that horrible story is unfortunately dying in the news cycle... now it's all about players blasting the NFL’s covid-19 response. 

Ill bet September they will announce the name.

5 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Rivera said he hopes to have the new name before camp. Mr. Snyder would be wise to do whatever it takes at this point to keep Ron happy...

I was so hopeful when he was hired.

But Ron ain't gonna make it. Doomsday clock has already started

• Sad 3
18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, at this rate I heave him 3 seasons tops.

2 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

People will line up to advertise with an NFL team whether they like him or not.

Maybe at a discounted rate. FedEx and Nike threatened to leave because the name was deemed racist. Why would others want to join if the team is deemed sexist. The brand is damaged, probably irreparably so.

There is no name Redskins, the heritage is ruined, the next brand will likely be a huge blunder. I can’t see the advertising dollars being what they once were.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, at this rate I heave him 3 seasons tops.

I think he does a Spurrier, and goes out after 1-2. Doesn't strike me as a Gruden/Zorn type, who would debase himself so he can get that termination money 

On 7/16/2020 at 10:29 PM, Murphs56 said:

Rivera seems active on social media — at least from the standpoint of liking posts. I wonder how much of the Red Wolves movement he's seen and if he actually cares enough to express to Dan the positive vibes it's generated in recent days. My odds are No, and Warriors is going to be it whether we like it or not lol. 

Warriors are only 1 of 2 names (Braves) that possibly could rekindle my feelings about the team (and that is only a maybe, - and it would have  to be a Native American type logo - feathers? arrow? etc)

Edited by nonniey
4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If not Rivera, it won't be until after Snyder is gone or dies, whichever comes first.

Snyder won't give someone that much power again if it doesn't work, and it work unless he changes.

So yea, until proven otherwise, when not if. We shall see...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think he does a Spurrier, and goes out after 1-2. Doesn't strike me as a Gruden/Zorn type, who would debase himself so he can get that termination money 

anyone that has any integrity won’t stick around this mess of a team and owner. So I give Ron one season to realize what he got himself into, one season to figure out what he wants to do, and then maybe one last season to execute his exit strategy.  

if he’s a good guy he has no business being here and if he’s smart he will realize it just doesn’t make sense to be here and it will only hurt his legacy and career prospects. 

• Sad 1
33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dawg... We're really gonna be the Washington Washington's for this season, aren't we?

Sister sent me an article that Madden 21 jus made a change to take the name Redskins out instead of waiting for the new name.

https://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/29483103/electronic-arts-remove-washington-redskins-name-logo-madden-nfl-21

I swear, man, 2020 is treating us how an orca would treat a seal when it's bored right now

P8NwuP.gif.838a5b805b5ead2803865ab09ab8ffc2.gif

https://djpinto1.bandcamp.com/track/jay-z-ft-beanie-sigel-scarface-this-cant-be-life

• Haha 4

Is there some kind of trademark issues with 'Wolves'? I'll be honest, I like that better than Redwolves, we can still keep the mascot as a red wolf and keep the colors. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can get behind these

This is most likely what they will do for this year. Keep the uniforms relatively the same, change the helm logo. There just isn't enough time for a full re-brand w/unis. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is most likely what they will do for this year. Keep the uniforms relatively the same, change the helm logo. 

My favorite part of these? No stupid claw marks. By far my least favorite design of any Red Wolves uni.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My favorite part of these? No stupid claw marks. By far my least favorite design of any Red Wolves uni.

Same here, it just doesn't match what a wolf does. They don't use their claws like that lol. If none of the cat uniforms have claw scratches, why the hell would a wolf team have it.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic