Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If AOC becomes President one day, Washington is not long for this world.

I would highly advise against these types of posts in this thread, the mods have given plenty of notices. Statements like that is how these threads turn ugly. 

19 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

But what sort of regional name would they choose?

DMV Destroyers

Mid-Atlantic Marauders

Beltway Gridlock

I could get behind the Mid-Atlantic Marauders. And they could be 4 teenage wizards with a map. 

28 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Not happening, just stop.

it probably won’t, but it should if DC rejects the stadium.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If AOC becomes President one day, Washington is not long for this world.

Dan should go for a more regional name, to cover more than tiny little D.C.

Lets not worry about that just yet.

But I like the idea of going fir a regional name to try and broaden the fan base anyway

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No ****, man. I don’t get why anybody would be for the team being called Washington anything if they sign another lease to play outside of DC for another 20+ or whatever years.  Makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I could get behind the Mid-Atlantic Marauders. And they could be 4 teenage wizards with a map. 

Lets not worry about that just yet.

But I like the idea of going fir a regional name to try and broaden the fan base anyway

The NFL would never give up the #7 TV market plus the NATION'S CAPITAL for a regional name lol. I'll exit on this note because this is a pipe dream that has a 0.4% chance of happening. 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The NFL would never give up the #7 TV market plus the NATION'S CAPITAL for a regional name lol. I'll exit on this note because this is a pipe dream that has a 0.4% chance of happening. 

They’re not giving up anything.  The stadium wouldn’t be in Washington, so the name of the region changes.  And it wouldn’t change the TV market. 

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No ****, man. I don’t get why anybody would be for the team being called Washington anything if they sign another lease to play outside of DC for another 20+ or whatever years.  Makes no sense.

I really like mid-Atlantic Marauders. Chuckle. 

But yeah, if you don’t want the team to play IN Washington, then you forfeit the right to the name. 

Both “New York” teams should change to New Jersey.

image.png.6e6f79f8193b46ed984b27c685a61d5c.png

Just a quick sketch I drew up. I obviously used the concept of the wolf forming the W that has been going around. I thought it would look good if the W was more rounded. That plus adding the feather makes for a very slight similarity to our retired logo at least shape wise. I'm not good with the digital stuff. But if a professional tweaked it on a computer and added the proper colors I think this could be pretty cool. #IWishWeWereStillTheREDSKINS #HTTR4LIFE #HTTR

"I want the new helmet. I want a new 28. I want a new jersey. I want a new helmet. I want a new picture. I want everything to be new. I'm ready to go to the new place, a new place where, when you see it, it's gonna represent that, you know what, these people care about people. When you wear that jersey, you're gonna say, 'Hey, these people care about people.'" -Darrell Green

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/darrell-green-redskins-name-change-gets-us-to-place-of-love

What a guy Darrell Green is. I just read that piece and even though I only got to watch him in his very late NFL career (The absurd trio of Champ Bailey, Darrell Green, and Deion Sanders), he's probably my favorite player that's ever played for us (Sean T is a close second). 

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They’re not giving up anything.  The stadium wouldn’t be in Washington, so the name of the region changes.  And it wouldn’t change the TV market. 

The Patriots don't play in Boston. Boston proper is a hell of a ride away from where they play in Foxboro. No public transportation out there either. 

Thus the insertion of the name New England. 

Well I posted this in the other thread right before it was closed but I'll repeat myself:

The Washington Cicadas - only show up every 17 years or so

or 

The Washington Ticks - in favor of all the bloodsucking parasites in DC.  it would have a built-in mascot of "The Tick".

10 hours ago, duffy said:

"THE WASHINGTON TEASPOONS: Other teams just don't measure up."

Think you could animate that?  Something like, I don't know, a dancing taco maybe?

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

In the future, the political climate may lead to the name Washington being removed.

bad 

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I would highly advise against these types of posts in this thread, the mods have given plenty of notices. Statements like that is how these threads turn ugly. 

good

57 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Think you could animate that?  Something like, I don't know, a dancing taco maybe?

Do I look like Walt Disney to you? 

Lol I would have to teach myself how to do that and it's not worth it for a teaspoon logo. 

1 hour ago, Lovi said:

I like the Old Bays.  lol.  I bet even McCormick would sponsor us.  Stadium could be the crab pot.  haha

This would certainly start a war with the Baltimore fans lol

Not sure if anybody posted this in another thread, but I know people were asking about the "other news" that was supposed to drop in addition to the name change. It looks like it wasn't just those front office changes. By the looks of it, sounds like it's just going to be a bunch of people sh*tting on the franchise for various reasons. 

1 hour ago, duffy said:

Do I look like Walt Disney to you? 

Lol I would have to teach myself how to do that and it's not worth it for a teaspoon logo. 

This would certainly start a war with the Baltimore fans lol

Not sure if anybody posted this in another thread, but I know people were asking about the "other news" that was supposed to drop in addition to the name change. It looks like it wasn't just those front office changes. By the looks of it, sounds like it's just going to be a bunch of people sh*tting on the franchise for various reasons. 

I shouldnt have quoted this.

My bad.😀

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Let's see what comes out.

We might very well deserve to be ****ted on....🤔

Yeah, I really doubt it's going to be anything new or earth-shattering. It's probably just going to be more of the same, disgruntled former  employees or reporters telling stories around the campfire about how terrible the Redskins culture is. Go ahead and tell your stories. We all know we have a damn good culture here. 

Archived