Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

4 minutes ago, Chew said:

Is anybody else watching Sharp Objects?  HBO's new murder mystery mini-series.  Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson. 

Reaaaally good so far, I think it's 3 episodes in. 

We're watching it but still really have no idea what's going on, other than her dad is sketchy but at the same time I feel like they are setting it up for him to look like the easy mark.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Tin Star on Amazon recently.  It is somewhat unbelievable at times, and super dark, but very watchable and some great scenery too.

Also almost finished season 4 of Shetlands, with my dad who’s visiting right now.  It’s pretty good and takes place partially in Norway this season.  We did have to get a temporary subscription to Britbox (on Amazon) to watch though.  I think it will be out on Netflix in a few months however.

11 hours ago, Chew said:

Is anybody else watching Sharp Objects?  HBO's new murder mystery mini-series.  Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson. 

Reaaaally good so far, I think it's 3 episodes in. 

I don't feel like watching anymore shows or movies where all the main characters are white, protesting an unnecessary lack of diversity. I love CBS, but I'm tired of it, especially now that I'm back in NOVA.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/primetime/

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

I read Sharp Objects and cant remember it.  Happily.  Amy Adams is fantastic. 

I also read Dark Places by Flynn and it's probably the most disturbing book I've read over the last few years.

I dont know how I missed Big Little Lies, but watching it now on my wifes recommendation.  Very well done.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, The Evil Genius said:

S3 of Stranger Things delayed until Summer 2019.

I wonder how long people will continue to accept these shows missing seasons (I mean, did last year even clear 10 ep's?).

I get that some of these shows are expensive, but when you throw this in with shows that go on mid season breaks, and shows that get canceled, it really starts to turn me off from it altogether.

Thoughts on this?  My thought is that the trailer is entirely unhelpful, but it looks exactly like what I figured a Stephen King / JJ Abrams mashup would look like, right down to the actors.  That also means that it will be creepy as **** and not go anywhere.  

• Sad 1