Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

You know it's slow in tv land when this thread falls to page 3... :kickcan: 

"Im dying up here" (season 2) came back and "Wentworth" (season 6) comes back tonight.. Oh and Animal Kingdom (season 3) is back, of course.. Anything else premiering soon? 

Edited by GoDeep81

8 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

You know it's slow in tv land when this thread falls to page 3... :kickcan: 

"Im dying up here" (season 2) came back and "Wentworth" (season 6) comes back tonight.. Oh and Animal Kingdom (season 3) is back, of course.. Anything else premiering soon? 

Well, it's almost the start of summer; so of course TV would be slow.

Luke Cage - Season 2 drops on Friday and early reviews say it's the best Season 2 of all the Marvel Netflix shows. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Timeless got cancelled.  :(   Contracts expire 6/30 - so that's the deadline to find a new home.

Damn. Was hoping it might shift to SyFy since NBC owns it.

Edit..just read that it might get a 2hr series finale movie. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Oh, and "The Affair" season 4 started the other day.. (These shows that only drop once a week need to get with the program!) :rofl89:

I thought the season premier was pretty good.  Very complicated dynamic between Noah and his ex-wife.  Good show, though it's fallen off a bit since season 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Y  "Wentworth" (season 6) comes back tonight.. 

Hech yeah!  I was just wondering about that last week.  :headbang:

• Like 1

With Ozark S2 hitting in August, I implore anyone who hasn't watched the first season to get on it now. Might be Jason Bateman's finest work.

The Terror has also been renewed by AMC for a 2nd season. It will be a brand new story taking place during WW2, so it looks like they are going the seasonal anthology route!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

With Ozark S2 hitting in August, I implore anyone who hasn't watched the first season to get on it now. Might be Jason Bateman's finest work.

The Terror has also been renewed by AMC for a 2nd season. It will be a brand new story taking place during WW2, so it looks like they are going the seasonal anthology route!

Ohhh yes I loved Ozark. I'm glad it got another season, I was hearing it might not.

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ohhh yes I loved Ozark. I'm glad it got another season, I was hearing it might not.

It was renewed awhile back actually, but they just never said when the 2nd season would drop until yesterday when the teaser trailer was released.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Golliath season 2 dropped on Amazon.  I think it was even better than season 1.

I binged it quick.  I have two criticisms. 

1- Billy Bob carried the show, which I expected, but it didn't really feel like the other characters were very interesting.  Season 1 did better with smaller characters. 

2- I thought the the ending, the last two episodes, felt rushed and a little disjointed. 

That said I liked it and would binge watch another season this weekend if it were possible.  Also:

Spoiler

What I did like about how it ended is that they let the bad guys win.  Few shows are willing to risk that because audiences walk away without that happy ending satisfaction. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

I binged it quick.  I have two criticisms. 

1- Billy Bob carried the show, which I expected, but it didn't really feel like the other characters were very interesting.  Season 1 did better with smaller characters. 

2- I thought the the ending, the last two episodes, felt rushed and a little disjointed. 

That said I liked it and would binge watch another season this weekend if it were possible.  Also:

Hide contents

What I did like about how it ended is that they let the bad guys win.  Few shows are willing to risk that because audiences walk away without that happy ending satisfaction. 

Yeah, it did feel a bit rushed right at the end considering what happened to him.  And for your comment in the spoiler tags, completely agree, loved they took that direction.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, it did feel a bit rushed right at the end considering what happened to him.  And for your comment in the spoiler tags, completely agree, loved they took that direction.

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Hide contents
Spoiler

That's the Act II aka Empire Strikes Back ending. :) 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Chew said:

I thought the season premier was pretty good.  Very complicated dynamic between Noah and his ex-wife.  Good show, though it's fallen off a bit since season 1

Yea, I guess everyone on the shows gonna have a turn at mental illness? lol I did enjoy the premier though, but I feel like we saw the season finale in the 1st 30 seconds? Its a unique show, for sure.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Binged through Altered Carbon and Santa Clarita Diet, enjoyed them both, recommend them.

I am on the fence of going into Luke Cage, somebody push me over already.

I've heard good things about season 2.  I haven't gotten through season 2 of JJ yet though (watching with my mom when we hang out) so having gotten around to it.

• Like 1

Been watching a lot of shows and catching up.

The Ranch Part 5 (Netflix) (2nd time - wife was behind) - I thought it was still a really good, funny show.  Some of the scenes felt like the chemistry was off, my guess is due to what went down with Danny Masterson.  Still a good watch, didn't like the season finale though.

Spoiler

They fired Masterson back in Dec. but instead of killing him off in some way (the wildfire, killed by Nick, etc.) they left his ending/exit open, my guess is for a possible return should his name be cleared from the rape allegations.

Seven Seconds (Netflix) (can't remember if I posted this a while back)  - A white cop accidentally kills a black teen and calls his cop buddies,. who help cover it up.  Show deals with the investigation, racial tensions, etc.  We thought it was a really good show.

Marvels Cloak & Dagger (Hulu - its on the Freeform channel too) - I read a handful of the comics way back in the 80s when I was a kid, never got too much into them though.  Takes place in New Orleans and is basically showing how they got their powers as they try to figure them out, etc.  I'm actually enjoying this one, it's got a lot of potential.  It just started the beginning of June and will air 10 episodes (I think it's on the 6th or 7th episode now).  

Glow Season 2 (Netflix) - about halfway through this, it's one that the wife wants to watch with me and she's been working a lot, but so far so good.  Still a real funny show.  Picking up right where season 1 left off, imo.

Luke Cage season 2 - started it late the Friday it was out, but we went to the beach the following Saturday for a week, killed my binge watching potential, need to jump on this this weekend.  

Dynasty Reboot Season 1 (Netflix) - @TK sold me on this and it was solid gold.  So much better than the original series from back in the day.  So much deception, evilness, etc. going on.  And Fallon Carrington is the best character on there imo, Anders is pretty awesome, also like Michael.  Highly recommend this to anyone.  I bolded the title because the wife and I think it was that great.

With the above stated, Dynasty Original Series (Amazon Prime) - @Spaceman Spiff thanks for pointing out this was on Amazon Prime a while back.  Getting back into that now that we finished up the reboot of it.  I'm close to halfway into season 2.  It's still so terrible that it feels so right.