Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Jack Ryan is really well done.  I like the Polly Anna way he has about him as a young man.  Should make for some good stories how that gets tempered into the Clancy Jack Ryan.  Still a really good guy but a oh so good at working the system and not a bit of naivete about him.  Jack Ryan has always been one of my favorite characters.

Edited by KAOSkins

Jack Ryan- Just finished the first one but I was hooked about halfway in.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Finished Ozark.  Can't believe we've gotta wait an entire year before the next season.  

It should be like The Ranch where you only have to wait 6 months

• Like 2

Just about to start Ozark.I think the wifey is on episode 4, so I gotta catch up to her. I've only heard really good things about it. I'm also looking forward to season 2 of The Orville. It's starting mid-season (December 30th). I like the good natured, non-challenging aspect of it. It's nice to watch something light hearted that doesn't require in-depth analysis afterwards. It;s a fun show and, besides in the obvious way, sort of true to Star Trek. There's themes and messages in each episode, but cheesier and more funny along the way. 

• Like 1

I'm 5 episodes into Jack Ryan and think it's awesome.  I'm really REALLY glad that they kept to the foreign languages with subtitles in the middle east and Europe instead of having them speak english with terrible accents like they did with Tyrant.  It completely ruined Tyrant and just takes you out of it having any kind of authenticity.  I'll probably finish it tomorrow or Wednesday, since tonight is Better Call Saul.  Then we'll start Ozark season 2, hearing nothing but good things about it.

• Like 2

I watched all of Jack Ryan, I enjoyed it but the season could have been longer.  They’ve been promoting that show for a year and they only gave me 8 episodes.  I need more!  

Wendell Pierce killed it as the cranky vet.  Krasinski wasn’t terribly impressive, but a little bit of a blank slate works for the lead in action themed tv and movies (think Keanu Reeves).  Haaz Sleiman managed to communicate more with a wide range of tortured facial expression than I’d have thought possible for a character with so few lines.  Dina Shahabi is also worth mentioning.  When she scolded her kids for complaining while on a unexpected hike, I believed she was a mom an inch away from snatching her sandal off.  

Ozark season 2 is next.

• Like 1

Finished season 2 of Legion.

Oh. My. God.

Wdit..btw can I nominate Aubrey Plaza's booty for an Emmy this year? 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Iron Fist Season 2 drops on Friday.

Thx. I was in the minority and actually enjoyed the first season (flaws and all).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Thx. I was in the minority and actually enjoyed the first season (flaws and all).

Once you get past the pilot, and probably the next couple episodes,  I thought it was solid. I think his demeanor can be off putting at times, but I'm not sure that isn't an accurate portrayal of the character himself (I have no knowledge of the character beyond the Netflix shows).

Still not sure it will ever be to the level of the other shows, because when it comes right down to it, even in Luke Cage S2 earlier this summer, while Jones' script seemed more serious/reflective and less random oddball cheese, the traphouse fight scene still makes that character seem very out of place, given that as The Immortal Iron Fist, you would expect him (and thus the actor playing him) to be masterful, nearly flawless.

At times he looked like a kid, clowning around in PE trying to mimic Karate Kid. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 8/31/2018 at 8:37 PM, Warhead36 said:

That good huh? Damn I want to start watching but I'm going to the beach tomorrow morning so I don't want to start now and then have to wait a few days to continue.

i don't understand this AT ALL

i hate binge watching.    Give me the enjoyment 1 hour at a time, spent over several weeks/months EVERY TIME.

you absolutely do get diminishing returns when you watch them back-to-back-to-back.....  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

i don't understand this AT ALL

i hate binge watching.    Give me the enjoyment 1 hour at a time, spent over several weeks/months EVERY TIME.

you absolutely do get diminishing returns when you watch them back-to-back-to-back.....  

You also tend remember less about each ep  (at least that's how it was for me)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Netflix brought back the canceled Designated Survivor for a 10 episode Season 3,which will air in 2019.

Sweet because when that & Lucifer were canceled they were the only two shows that got the ax that I cared about. And now they've both been picked up. 

Also Mayans finally debuted last night on FX. Kirk Sutter ain't missed a beat from SOA.  :)