Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 5/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think it would be a better fit on Starz, they would have more flexibility than on network television.  Could CW even fit another show in the schedule :806:  Seems like they are filled up with shows.

Ya, The Expanse has to go some place that it can go as far as it wants, it crosses lines I don't think CW could stomach.  Netflix needs to grab this and not think twice about it.  The idea of Lost in Space being stuck to one planet in their first season, I don't care, it's ****ing stupid, they should cancel that and go all in on The Expanse.  They already make too many shows, what's another if its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes?

On 5/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, Renegade7 said:

Ya, The Expanse has to go some place that it can go as far as it wants, it crosses lines I don't think CW could stomach.  Netflix needs to grab this and not think twice about it.  The idea of Lost in Space being stuck to one planet in their first season, I don't care, it's ****ing stupid, they should cancel that and go all in on The Expanse.  They already make too many shows, what's another if its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes?

I haven't seen the Expanse to know how it compares but I really enjoy The 100 from the CW and I think in the 4th episode they had a child murder someone. There is mass genocide and a lot of other dark content too. 

I think people judge CW on past shows. There is a lot of adult (mind you network version of adult) content on some of the shows. Supernatural and the 100 have a lot of it. So does Black Lightning. That said, I'm starting to think that a place like Netflix might be a better choice anyways.

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I haven't seen the Expanse to know how it compares but I really enjoy The 100 from the CW and I think in the 4th episode they had a child murder someone. There is mass genocide and a lot of other dark content too. 

Fair, though I would say I'd check out the Expanse and you'll better understand where I'm coming from, its a language thing as well, so I'd rather someone have the opportunity to scale up then have to scale down.  CW isn't what its used to be (or even what WB and UPN used to be), but they wouldn't do this series the justice it deserves.  It needs to be cable or higher, imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Lost in Space got a second season.

Hail yeah!  If we were stuck with the way Season 1 ended, I'd be bummed.

Two episodes into "Rain," the new Netflix YA Sci-Fi.  A little slow so far, but the characters and story is still developing.  Netflix defaults to the dubbed English version, it's awful.  Do yourself a favor and switch back to the native Danish and watch with subtitles. 

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Hail yeah!  If we were stuck with the way Season 1 ended, I'd be bummed.

Two episodes into "Rain," the new Netflix YA Sci-Fi.  A little slow so far, but the characters and story is still developing.  Netflix defaults to the dubbed English version, it's awful.  Do yourself a favor and switch back to the native Danish and watch with subtitles. 

Almost done with Rain, really good, solid show.  Think I’m on episode 8 or 9.  I prefer the English voice over, I hate reading my shows lol.  

Once that is finished gonna finish up Evil Genius, great documentary (mentioned above by @Spaceman Spiff).  Then on to season 2 of 3% and 13 reasons why season 2 over the weekend.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Then on to season 2 of 3% and 13 reasons why season 2 over the weekend.

:headbang: My body is ready.  We'll probably finish in two days. 

I also want to start "Safe" on Netflix sometime soon, with Michael C Hall from Dexter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Chew said:

:headbang: My body is ready.  We'll probably finish in two days. 

I can watch a few seasons of a show in a few days.  I watched all of Breaking Bad... in about 2 weeks total. 

I took a break for a minute and proceded to watch it and finish. 

I watched Chips in about a week here and there all seasons. Made me want to but a car from that era. 

• Like 1

IZombie got a 5th and final season.  

I think there's 3 or 4 shows I like ending next year. At least they get a chance to end their story properily.

Fall TV 2018: Every new series coming to ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX and NBC

Fall TV 2018: Complete night-by-night network schedule

It's safe to say, for next year; I'll be watching less from the major networks.  Only new shows from them that interest me:  NBC's "The Manifest" and CW's "Charmed" and "Roswell, New Mexico".

Good thing there's more shows on other platforms.

Colony has quietly developed into a pretty damn good show in its third season.

53 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

IZombie got a 5th and final season.  

I think there's 3 or 4 shows I like ending next year. At least they get a chance to end their story properily.

Fall TV 2018: Every new series coming to ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX and NBC

Fall TV 2018: Complete night-by-night network schedule

It's safe to say, for next year; I'll be watching less from the major networks.  Only new shows from them that interest me:  NBC's "The Manifest" and CW's "Charmed" and "Roswell, New Mexico".

Good thing there's more shows on other platforms.

Good lord the major networks are awful now. I don't think I see a single good new show. God bless cable and HBO.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, Warhead36 said:

Colony has quietly developed into a pretty damn good show in its third season.

Good lord the major networks are awful now. I don't think I see a single good new show. God bless cable and HBO.

The new Magnum P.I. trailer looked good. Especially when they name dropped 5-0. I think it'd be really cool if CBS builds their own little "Hawaii-Verse" with 5-0 & Magnum.

Speaking of Super Cars, check out Fastest Car on Netflix. They take 3 sleeper cars & put them up against a super car in a quarter mile drag race.

This dude is in the 5th show which is the first one I watched cause its a ****ing chromed out Lambo. :ols:

image.png.039aacaa7a85bb0b93decfe349c9ec31.png

• Like 1