Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Netflix:

I third Lost In Space, not through season 1 yet but I like what I’m seeing...oh and I want Dr Smith to die a bad death, so obviously her acting is good!

Into the Badlands:

Distopian future with swords, I like the concepts and I’m through season 1 and half of two.

Chef’s Table:

Anyone who enjoys cooking and food needs to watch this series. It is the best chef exposé shows I’ve ever seen. They look al over the world at the best chefs and their restaurants.

Hulu:

Also watching The Crossing on Hulu, pretty good so far, but it’ll need to do something more if it wants to survive.

The Looming Tower

A historical docudrama series about the disfunctionality between the CIA and FBI and how that led to 9/11.

Amazon Prime:

The Expanse, a great space scifi show I’m reay liking it.

The Americans

1980’s Russian spies operating in the US.

HBO: 

Westworld

Game of Thrones

Showtime: 

Homeland, but I don’t lije the current storyline, too close to current.

Killing Eve on BBC America is a Spy vs Assassin (that become obsessed with each other) drama. Sandra Oh plays the bored, desk bound spy, and Jodie Comer plays what seems to be a very bat crap crazy assassin, with some mad skills.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Netflix:

I third Lost In Space, not through season 1 yet but I like what I’m seeing...oh and I want Dr Smith to die a bad death, so obviously her acting is good!

Yep, I hate her so much.  Actress is great.  We finished it last night, pretty good.  I sure hope it gets picked up for season 2.  Molly Parker is SO hot.  Jeepers.  :o

Finally finished Altered Carbon, really liked it.  Started off weird but wrapped up nicely.  Graphic violence, nudity, and language, with a Sci-Fi twang?  Yes please, thank you.

End of the ****ing World was great, highly recommend.  The boy and girl were so good. 

How come nobody told me about This is Us?!  Wife wanted to binge it over the last few weeks, and now we're all caught up.  Talk about a gut punch to the feelbox.  Some of the drama feels a bit forced at times, but overall very solid show. 

Spoiler

When dad died after the fire, good god.  :( 

I need to finished Altered Carbon.  Lost in Space was fantastic.  I enjoyed Money Heist too (Netflix) and need to dig into the 2nd season of 3%.  

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Yep, I hate her so much.  Actress is great.  We finished it last night, pretty good.  I sure hope it gets picked up for season 2.  Molly Parker is SO hot.  Jeepers.  :o

Finally finished Altered Carbon, really liked it.  Started off weird but wrapped up nicely.  Graphic violence, nudity, and language, with a Sci-Fi twang?  Yes please, thank you.

End of the ****ing World was great, highly recommend.  The boy and girl were so good. 

How come nobody told me about This is Us?!  Wife wanted to binge it over the last few weeks, and now we're all caught up.  Talk about a gut punch to the feelbox.  Some of the drama feels a bit forced at times, but overall very solid show. 

Reveal hidden contents

When dad died after the fire, good god.  :( 

End of the ****ing World was great.  Very unique, which is rare these days.  Wife and I had started The Santa Clarita Diet and found it pretty silly/humorous, but in a good way.  Need to get back on that too.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

End of the ****ing World was great.  Very unique, which is rare these days.  

Ill agree with that, It was very good, and original which is so damn hard to find now. Wish there was more, but dont really see how at this point in story.

Ill also say I very much liked Into the Badlands, it was also original but I have a sweet spot for marital arts, so may not be for everyone...

so now im left with nothing to watch again.. Been wanting to check out the librarians but not on netflix or amazon, I have kodi but not popular enough to get good feeds. Anyone watched and can tell me if it's worth checking out? Or recommend something that is, lost in space, the expanse not really my cup of tea... Tried znation but done with zombies a while ago.. Rather something unique/original thinking about trying the magicians... Any feed back on that show?

Edited by dcdiscokid

Krypton (on after the Expanse on SyFy) has been fairly entertaining of late.  The show has flaws, but the last couple of episodes have been pretty wild and I really like the atmosphere. 

Badlands is pretty good so far this season as well.  (just started up again a couple of weeks ago)

Edited by visionary

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Do you have to subscribe to YouTube to watch that?

1st 2 episodes are free. It's  on You tube red, which requires a subscription. My roommate has that, so been watching  it all day. On episode 9 now.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 3:08 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

I've been watching Bosch on Amazon Prime in the evenings.  Show is based on Michael Connelly's novels of the same character.  Really good show, I'm up to Season 3 now.  Good stories and character development.  I like Michael Connelly's books, have read several of them.

Bosch is a police officer in LA and the series follows several cases through the seasons so far, so the continuity is pretty good.

Yeah I caught season 1 of Bosch a while back.  Its a decent show, but a little cliche.   He's basically House as a police detective.  

• Like 1

I highly recommend Cobra Kai.  Excellent sequel series to the Karate Kid movies.

You will love how it concludes and how it sets things up for future seasons. 

This better get renewed.

1st 2 episodes are free and you have to be a YouTube Red subscriber to see the rest.  It's actually worth subscribing to see this show.

A dark comedy starring Benedict Cumberbatch as a suicidal, schizophrenic, alcoholic drug addict??  Yes, please.  Next Saturday, 9 EST, Showtime. 

I smell an Emmy nomination.

• Like 1

This show on Netflix called Fastest Car is interesting.  Each episode has 4 cars, one supercar and 3 sleepers.  They race a quarter mile, 4 wide, the winner gets to go to the grand finale, a 7 wide quarter mile race.  

Each show is like a mini documentary, gives a profile of the people who own the cars, their stories, their cars.  Last 10-15 minutes covers their actual race.  

Not huge into cars but I appreciate people wanting to build things that can go faster, especially on a limited budget.  The supercar owners are interesting too with their own stories.  It's a good mix.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 8:44 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

I highly recommend Cobra Kai.  Excellent sequel series to the Karate Kid movies.

You will love how it concludes and how it sets things up for future seasons. 

This better get renewed.

1st 2 episodes are free and you have to be a YouTube Red subscriber to see the rest.  It's actually worth subscribing to see this show.

Does YouTube Red have a separate app or do you just use a regular YouTube app and log in and subscribe to watch?

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Does YouTube Red have a separate app or do you just use a regular YouTube app and log in and subscribe to watch?

Asked my roommate. You just pay You tube and it turns your You tube into YouTubeRed, so no separate app.

• Thanks 1