Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

6 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

I couldn't get past the first season of Black Sails. It felt like nothing was happening and after 5 episodes I called it quits.

I just finished The OA...and I want some answers. 

I was just talking to my wife about watching the OA.  Recommend?

On 12/28/2016 at 3:56 PM, Skinz4Life12 said:

I couldn't get past the first season of Black Sails. It felt like nothing was happening and after 5 episodes I called it quits.

There's a lot happening.... But not all of it is swordfights and pirating. Definitely has some slower moments

• Like 1

Started watching "Rectify".. Through 3 episodes it's kinda/sorta holding my attention but very slow to develop.. (About a guy "supposedly" wrongly convicted of rape/murder when he was 18, gets out of prison (death row) after 2 decades, due to some new DNA tests.) I feels plots like these would make a better movie than series. But, there's not much else on currently, so I'll keep watching until I lose interest or something better comes along..

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Started watching "Rectify".. Through 3 episodes it's kinda/sorta holding my attention but very slow to develop.. (About a guy "supposedly" wrongly convicted of rape/murder when he was 18, gets out of prison (death row) after 2 decades, due to some new DNA tests.) I feels plots like these would make a better movie than series. But, there's not much else on currently, so I'll keep watching until I lose interest or something better comes along..

Stay with it.  I just finished it up a week or so ago.  Really good show and story.  

• Like 1

The wife and I started Rectify last Monday night.  She wasn't convinced through the first few episodes but I was.  We are now through through season 3, episode 1.  

The bummer is season 4 is not on Netflix and probably won't be until summer.

On a side note, if you are watching and find yourself attracted to the character, Amantha.  Her real name is Abigail Spencer, apparent from Mad Men as well.  Let's just say I'm very glad to have googled her.  Some very, very nice photos and videos online.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The wife and I started Rectify last Monday night.  She wasn't convinced through the first few episodes but I was.  We are now through through season 3, episode 1.  

The bummer is season 4 is not on Netflix and probably won't be until summer.

On a side note, if you are watching and find yourself attracted to the character, Amantha.  Her real name is Abigail Spencer, apparent from Mad Men as well.  Let's just say I'm very glad to have googled her.  Some very, very nice photos and videos online.

I just finished it up, season 4 was on Netflix.  Unless they changed it up in Jan.

Edit:  I messed up!  Just remembered that only the first 3 seasons are on Netflix.  I was able to get all of season 4 on demand with Direct TV.   My bad bruh, you are correct.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

On 3/25/2013 at 8:26 PM, stoney26 said:

I've watched most of the popular series like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, SoA, homeland, and my gf makes me watch trublood but thats not to bad either. But there are a couple that for whatever reason, I haven't watched. The three I'm most interested in are

1. The Walking Dead. I've never even seen the piolet. But from everything I've heard from everyone I know, this show is the best show out.

2. House of Cards on Netflix. Haven't heard to much about It besides its great.

3. Mad Men. I tried to watch the first episode awhile ago but couldn't get into it. I think i might have been super stoned so I just turned it off and started playing borderlands or something.

So what do you guys think? Out of these 3, which one should I start watching first?'

Are there any other good ones out that I didn't mention that you guys enjoy?

Thanks guys!

#HTTR

:helmet:

Vikings on The History Channel or Hulu.

8 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Homeland new season started tonight on Anytime! FYI

I think it's been on Anytime for about a week now. Tempted to watch it but trying to hold off until the actual season starts so I don't forget about it. 

Roadies on Showtime was really good. With only ten episodes it makes for a good quick binge. 

On 1/3/2017 at 6:33 PM, shakinaiken said:

No fans of the show Sherlock? First episode of season 4 aired this past Sunday. Pretty good.

Yes.  We love it!  Usually record from PBS...we got 2 episodes last night, and we'll probably watch at least one before the game tonight.:cheers:

Finally watched Westworld on Amazon, after starting it on HBO a while back.  Pretty amazing show, though the last episode had some disappointing aspects, there was still so much cool stuff.  I think some of the twists didn't hit as hard as they might have because I'd heard them predicted on a podcast ahead of time, but I still loved it.

• Like 3

Tom Hardy's 8 episode mini-series "Taboo" premieres tomorrow night on FX.  Think it goes without saying that this show will be mandatory viewing  :).  Steven Knight is the same guy that does Peaky Blinders with Cillian :wub: