Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Know You Grew Up In the 80's If....

skinsfan07

That's funny. I'm gonna have to buy a pack just to see what they are like.

I bought three packs, peeled off the stickers and put em in random places all over my buddies apartment (inside the dryer, on the carton of milk, underside of his desk, etc) he was still finding them two weeks later :)

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 04:49 AM ----------

****ing hilarious!

Let's see....

I remember going to Erol's video and renting red tapes (Beta) and always ticked off that the best movies were VHS (black).

If you had a Bo Jackson lunchbox

You remember the Redskins winning a Superbowl

You called your friends at home to see if they wanted to go outside and play

Erol's!

I actually saw an Erol's email address the other day.

You know who most of these people are:

I know em all except for the guy at 2:09 (right after Wille Nelson), the blonde woman at 3:04 right after Cyndi Lauper, the two guys 6:02-6:05 and the guy at 6:15.

Forgot about this video. Amazing collection of talent in one room, I definitely remember this.

I know em all except for the guy at 2:09 (right after Wille Nelson), the blonde woman at 3:04 right after Cyndi Lauper, the two guys 6:02-6:05 and the guy at 6:15.

Forgot about this video. Amazing collection of talent in one room, I definitely remember this.

2:09 is Al Jarreau

3:04 is Kim Carnes

6:02 - 6:05 are Kenny Loggins and Jeffrey Osborne

6:15 is James Ingram

I bought three packs, peeled off the stickers and put em in random places all over my buddies apartment (inside the dryer, on the carton of milk, underside of his desk, etc) he was still finding them two weeks later :)

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 04:49 AM ----------

Erol's!

I actually saw an Erol's email address the other day.

My first ISP in '96(ish?) in Richmond...

"Growing up" is such a subjective term. If one wants to take it the way many mean it,then "most" of us born around the mid 70'sand earlier didn't "grow up" in the 80's. Though if one wants to consider going in to adulthood and so on as growing up,cool. :D With that in mind.

ChessKingLabelCloseup.jpg

229120699763279287_zPZZibiX_b.jpg

MTV-Logo.gif

usa-night-flight-presents-bluebeard-w-1987-commercials-2284.jpg

transformers1.jpg

2487649-gijoe425.jpg

$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFKNIBQf2pRDjSw~~60_35.JPG

You owned a Members Only jacket, your first computer had a cassette tape drive, you remember having to get up and adjust the horizontal hold on the t.v.
LOL I was just about to post the Members Only jacket thing. It seemed EVERYONE had one of those back then. And most people in the 80s also wore those cheesy ski jackets that had a couple different colors.

Also, it seemed like every guy in high school back then had a mustache.

When I think of the 80s, I think of a bunch of cool stuff:

Skins games at RFK(I went to a bunch of them).

The walkman - a huge invention of my life.

The VW bug - seems like half of my friends had 1 at some point.

Standing by the TV and holding the rabbit ears during U of Miami footballl games so my dad could get a clearer picture.

Friday the 13th and Halloween movies.

Trans ams, but only the rich kids had them.

Run DMC and break dancing(I didn't break, but I loved rap and watching break dancers.

Comment only: We Are the World.... It gets made fun of so much, but, I don't think there has ever been an ensemble cast like that since. I don't think there ever will be. The song isn't that bad and it had just about every major American artist at that time period. Brought back memories of calling into B106.7 and requesting it over an over.

I still have my GP Kids collection. About 200 or so, maybe I should try an sell them.

I think fashion is one of the most memorable things. Hats with flaps on the back like u were in the desert, rolled up cuffs on your jeans, original Nike Terminators, and a leather jacket (because who didn't want to be Maverick?).

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 02:36 PM ----------

............if you collected the NFL gumball machine football helmets. I remember the Steelers helmet being traded and sought after like it was gold.

I remember the same thing. Always the Steelers! Probably because they were good in the late 70's.

You Know You Grew Up In the 80's If....

...you remember ALF. Great show!

...you recognize a lot of the coaching/F.O. names you hear bandied about the NFL these days as old school Redskins, i.e. Mark Murphy, Greg Manusky, Todd Bowles, etc.

...you remember Paula Abdul as being someone other than a high/drunk judge from American Idol. Ditto that for Nick Nolte

...you still have the torn tickets/albums from seeing Purple Rain

...you remember pre-scandal Pee Wee Herman and had "a thing" for Reeba the mail lady. ;-)

...you used to drop quarters into a video game (preferably Robotron 2084) at a real, live arcade

...you watched the original run of the Golden Girls, back when Betty White was just old, not old as dirt.

...you think of Ed O'Neil and Christina Applegate as "Al" and "Kelly Bundy"

...you remember watching Thriller premier on MTV

...you realize you now need to take Aleve on a daily basis "just because" :)

Archived