Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Know You Grew Up In the 80's If....

skinsfan07

:rotflmao: And to think we thought that "look" was hot! The hair with the stirrup pants, leg warmers, and jellies was SMOKIN' I tell ya!

And even harder to pull off if you're the jeans/t-shirt/flannel country girl that I am! I must've looked like a complete idiot!:doh::hysterical:

I always find it funny when the folks that didn't grow up at that time (80's in this instance) chime in.

ASF, my little brother was a fan of he-man. He is 33 at this point. Born in the late 80's doesn't count at all. He only remembers some of the 80's because of having a big brother. My wife is his age and barely remembers any of the pop culture type of stuff.

I was a child of the 70s, but turned 12 in 1980 and was a teenage of the 80s.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2013 at 08:58 AM ----------

This thread is getting long so I think I repeated one of Bubblescreen's things, so sorry if I repeat stuff, I turn 45 on Saturday, so my mind isn't what it used to be. Anyway, Sasoon Jeans and Jordache jeans for the girls. Preppy look for the guys with the boat/deck shoes and popped collar. I was a preppy with the Docksider shoes, but I didn't pop my collar.

I was a child of the 70s, but turned 12 in 1980 and was a teenage of the 80s.

Not talking about the older folks...talking about the ones that were still learning to go potty. To me growing up in the 80's means you were at least in school at some point during that time (pre-school and daycare don't really count to me).

Your gym shorts were of a length that would get kids sent to the office these days.

CDs were a theoretical improbability.

The legal age for beer was 18.

People smoked pretty much everywhere, high school, college cafeteria, hospital waiting rooms, circus...it was pretty obnoxious looking back.

Challenger disaster.

You rode your bike everywhere, and parents usually had only a vague idea where you were, but didn't worry about it.

Having to learn how to drive a clutch.

No idea who that is.

Famous skateboarder in the mid-80s. I met him completely by accident, when I was manager of the Hardee's in Orange Park, FL. There was a skate park across the street and he was there signing autographs and came over to get something to eat. Almost went ape**** myself.

No idea who that is.

You don't know who Sergi Ventura is? :yikes:

:ols: You probably had to be big into skateboarding back in the day. It was just huge for us because they built a half pipe at Mt. Trashmore, and 17th Street Surf Shop was sponsoring local kids to rock their brand during local skate comps.

Famous skateboarder in the mid-80s. I met him completely by accident, when I was manager of the Hardee's in Orange Park, FL. There was a skate park across the street and he was there signing autographs and came over to get something to eat. Almost went ape**** myself.

:jump: Thanks for proving he actually exist, haha. My oldest brother actually bought him a jacket for his bday in jr. high school. That's pretty cool that you met him back in the day. He still sponsors local events out here in Va. Beach, and he's still skateboarding his ass off too.

357p5783_399x600.jpg

You don't know who Sergi Ventura is? :yikes:

:ols: You probably had to be big into skateboarding back in the day. It was just huge for us because they built a half pipe at Mt. Trashmore, and 17th Street Surf Shop was sponsoring local kids to rock their brand during local skate comps.

:jump: Thanks for proving he actually exist, haha. My oldest brother actually bought him a jacket for his bday in jr. high school. That's pretty cool that you met him back in the day. He still sponsors local events out here in Va. Beach, and he's still skateboarding his ass off too.

Actually, it was Christian Hosoi that I met...shoulda made that post a little more clear, sorry...

Archived