Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Know You Grew Up In the 80's If....

skinsfan07

Either that, or get dropped off to play putt-putt and arcade games.

Two words...ROLLER SKATING!

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 05:50 AM ----------

LOL I was just about to post the Members Only jacket thing. It seemed EVERYONE had one of those back then. And most people in the 80s also wore those cheesy ski jackets that had a couple different colors.

Also, it seemed like every guy in high school back then had a mustache.

I still have that ski-coat, given to me in 8th grade, 1979, with zip-off sleeves to make it into a vest...it works really well with my Skins hoodie at this point. My husband is amazed that I never buy clothes, they all still fit 25 years later. Call me thrifty, not cheesy, please, lol!

But I do love cheese.

Mine was AquaNet...that stuff would hold footballs together, try it!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe for next years' holidays round the house (don't know if you might be a redneck...lol)

No way man. Rave prevented a hurricane from moving my hair. It was hard as a brick. I wonder how I lost my hair? Rave, blow dryer and curling iron. ha ha.

No way man. Rave prevented a hurricane from moving my hair. It was hard as a brick. I wonder how I lost my hair? Rave, blow dryer and curling iron. ha ha.

Gotcha on losing the hair, we did everything we could to destroy it in those days, just didn't know it. Try Nioxin.

I was a punk rocker and a skater. Big fin mohawk and getting in fights because of it everyday. Nails through clothes and chains. Converse and trenchcoats. Buttons and patches.

Hanging out all night, stealing booze from garages, swearing I'd never sell out and be my parents. :ols:

:shutup:

You remember where you were when you found out John Lennon and Ronald Reagan were shot.

I was on the school bus for both.

Add: Where you were when you heard that shuttle Challenger blew up. French class.

I was in detention for both of those:shutup:

(in both cases i was able to kinda wander away from detention because all of the teachers were so caught up in the moment....)

For Challenger, the really weird thing is that i THOUGHT i heard that it had blown up a couple of days BEFORE it blew up (when they had to cancel the launch like htey ALWAYS have to do, but for some reason i misunderstood and kinda freaked out .... and then when it DID blow up i was really weirded out ....... it was bizzarre

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 03:09 PM ----------

My 6 year old son really enjoys battleship, the board game. I think they have it at school or something, he came home a few months ago asking me about it. I actually have the battleship game I had when I was a kid from the early 80s. After rooting around in the attic for it, I found it. Cheap plastic contraption with cheap plastic pegs. On the back it says "Made in USA". I about fainted. It's amazing how much we've lost in such a short amount of time.

you had a pair of sunglasses with side glare protectors

you practiced the moonwalk, repeatedly

you had a garbage pail kids collection. And you remember hiding them from the teachers as you negotiated trades in the back of the class.

You remember walking and riding your bike everywhere. And you look back on those days not with fondness, but more of a WTF were my parents thinking?

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 06:18 PM ----------

You secretly enjoy Wham. (come on, you know you do)

my kids play battleship ALL THE TIME... and .... they were all practicing the moonwalk all last week (i showed them the billie jean clip on youtube on new years eve....)

but the bikeand walk thing... yeah. I used to disappear all day EVERY day. One of our favorite games was to bike in the general direction of Arlington (I was raised in McLean) and purposely get lost, and then around dark put on your best sad puppy dog face, go up to a stranger's house, and ask to call your parents.... awesome times

You listened to the Thriller album on your record player :D

Yep, I remember my brother and I begging my mother for the record! Coolest thing ever!

You know you grew up in the 80's when FTW didn't mean "For The Win".

.....you are still confuzed at the fact that Mtv isn't about music videos.

.....remember cell phones that couldn't fit into your back pocket.

.....knew that the movie "The Day After" was the scariest movie ever.

.....being shocked that the Berlin Wall came down.

.....knew that The Fat Boys were awesome rappers.

.....remember when Pizza Hut had the best pizza.

.....remember when CD's were sold in long boxes.

.....you were nearly killed inhaling Aqua Net being applied by a girl on a school bus.

.....knew that watching a movie "between the lines" could get you in trouble.

.....you were your parent's remote control, and knew how aluminum foil and rabbit ears were related.

You watched a fuzzy VHS tape called "faces of death parts 1,2,3,4" (that you finally got to borrow, it was finally your turn in the rotation) and you vaguely remember a monkey getting his skull caved in and a parachute jumper bouncing off the ground

Archived