Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

It was a late 1st round pick. However, the Patriots broke established, documented rules, and were punished soon after.

The NFL took almost 2 full years to dole out the punishments. They broke no established, written, documented law, and were essentially docked 5-6 top players.

I really, really hope this all comes home to roost on Goddell, Mara and Laurie's heads.

I stand corrected. The penalty was actually a 1st if they made the playoffs (which they did) and a 2nd & 3rd if they didn't reach the playoffs.

Yeah, the 2 year delay in stealing the $36M cap just shows this really is bull****.

With today's announcement, I'm going to assume that's the final avenue the Redskins want to pursue. As a fan base, we need to never forget this.

I stand corrected. The penalty was actually a 1st if they made the playoffs (which they did) and a 2nd & 3rd if they didn't reach the playoffs.

Yeah, the 2 year delay in stealing the $36M cap just shows this really is bull****.

With today's announcement, I'm going to assume that's the final avenue the Redskins want to pursue. As a fan base, we need to never forget this.

And we won't. I can't wait for Goddell to have to show is face at FedEx and hear the chorus of boos. A halftime ceremony honoring Danny White, Roger Staubach, and The Triplets would have a warmer reception.

But when he Redskins rise up from this and improve, compete, and win mulitiple Super Bowls it will be that much sweeter because the Skins will have literally beaten the NFL on the field and off of it.:beavisnbutthead:

This is all we have left to rely on now apparently. Those that brought up spygate in this make an excellent point. New England video-tapes their opponents practices. They lose one pick and their multi-million dollar coach gets docked half a mil. They violate the integrity of the game and lose what amounts to one possibly marquee player. BIG DEAL

We break no rules, and lose approximately 6 to 7 of the top players we could sign to improve our team.

I don't want to hear ever again that there is no ****ing conspiracy against this team. You can choose to stick your head in the sand if you want to, but it's obvious this league has it's favorites.

The Redskins will be playing 16 games in the fall that the NFL hopes they lose. If that is not the case, what is the point of the penalty?

I felt the need to add this to this discussion. Full article can be found here:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9067256/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-blames-agents-wes-welker-exit

I extracted the most pertinent quote, straight from Robert ****ing Kraft's mouth:

Asked if Brady was upset, Kraft responded, "No. I mean, we're all upset that he's not with us. But we're building a team. He never put a demand or expected anything when he did what he did. He never put quid pro quos, and to be honest, we wouldn't have accepted them had he done that. He did what he thought … and what he did was tremendous. It's given our team a real competitive advantage to be in a position to win. And now it's how well our personnel people make the decisions."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this what Mara claimed to be the reason that we got penalized? WHERE IS THE PENALTY FOR THE PATRIOTS, MARA YOU ****ING ****HEAD? He just admitted to it, straight from his mouth!

**** you, Mara. And **** you, Goodell. You are both scum and aren't worthy to lick the bottom of my boots.

Has what John Mara did made the Giants more hated than the Cowboys?

I would say that John Mara is probably the most hated individual for any redskins fan now. He's a smidge above Goodell on that front. But this includes people like Romo and Jerry Jones, and other Cowboys worthy of tremendous Redskins hate.

That being said, I think the Cowboys are still the most hated institution. At least for me.

Yes. I hate the Giants a hell of a lot more than any other team, just surpassing the Eagles, the Cowboys third. It is crazy that I would ever get to this point, but I am here. I never EVER routed for the Cowboys, but I want them to go 4-12 every year now, the Eagles to go 2-14, and the Giants to go 0-16. And, I want the Giants to lose big. I want to see them shutout; I want to see them give up 35+ points a game.

I would say that John Mara is probably the most hated individual for any redskins fan now. He's a smidge above Goodell on that front. But this includes people like Romo and Jerry Jones, and other Cowboys worthy of tremendous Redskins hate.

That being said, I think the Cowboys are still the most hated institution. At least for me.

Why would you hate Jerry Jones?! We should send him a Christmas card signed by all the ES members every year.

First, I love Drafttek's database and your ability to run the simulator on your own ... but their positional needs rankings are maddening sometimes! Their updated mock draft has us taking Amerson, Stedman Bailey, William Campbell, Steve Beauharnais and Michael Mauti, Cobi Hamilton and Dan Buckner ... for the record that is:

CB, WR, DE, ILB, ILB, WR, WR ... come on guys!

Easily Mara and the Giants. With the Cowboys its just business Mara has made it personal.

Well the **** child mara was just quoted by Rich Campbell saying.....

“That was an issue that was negotiated between the league office and the players’ association,” Mara said Tuesday evening after the league’s annual meetings adjourned for the day. “I was not present in any of those sessions, nor did I have anything to do with it. But if they want to continue to make me the villain, so be it.”

and this quote later in the article

“I think that’s where it comes from, but it’s over and done with,” he said. “It didn’t exactly hurt them. They put together a hell of a team last year.”

Full article http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/mar/19/giants-owner-john-mara-ok-villian-status-says-he-d/

Interesting that this idiot has a comment to clear his name 1yr after stealing the Redskins cap money!

Well the **** child mara was just quoted by Rich Campbell saying.....

and this quote later in the article

Oh John Mara you will get yours, I hope you enjoy the Redskins winning the Super Bowl from that perch of yours in Met Life Stadium

Full article http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/mar/19/giants-owner-john-mara-ok-villian-status-says-he-d/

Interesting that this idiot has a comment to clear his name 1yr after stealing the Redskins cap money!

Oh John Mara Karma is coming for you and it is the Redskins winning the Super Bowl on your field.

Cowboy and Redskins fans like to blame Mara for this. He was the head of a committee that all agreed and was acting on behalf of all of the other owners. The Redskins and Cowboys broke solidarity with all of the other owners. In the end, the other owners made the two teams pay.

It was probably the other owners who held back the wishes of Mara (and Lurie) of wanting to add taking away our first round draft pick (as so eloquently stated last year by Mara himself). March 10, 2012 - St. Louis gives Washington 2nd pick... March 12, 2012 - FA starts with cap penalty hit on Washington... hmmmm, somebody's afraid of someone.

They USED to be no.3 hated (in our division) for me. What some owners will do to be no.1

“That was an issue that was negotiated between the league office and the players’ association,” Mara said Tuesday evening after the league’s annual meetings adjourned for the day. “I was not present in any of those sessions, nor did I have anything to do with it. But if they want to continue to make me the villain, so be it.”

Who brought the issue up then? If it wasn't Mara and/or Lurie who brought it up and when? Mara might not have been present in the sessions when this was decided, but everything reported up until this point indicates he and Lurie were a driving force behind pressing the issue. Like Graziano said, he made himself the "aggressive face" of the penalties.

Mara believes those words prompted his vilification

You think?

@MarkMaske Shanahan says the salary cap case has intensified the Redskins-Giants rivalry to him. Not sure if it's done that for the players.
I hope it has for the players. If I was Shanny, I would put in as part of my speech to the players how they lost good friends/teammates because of this bull**** penalty and that their team has suffered by losing good players and men, and that they, the team, have been hamstrung, not being able to pay all of the guys that are on the roster what they wanted because of this.

If I were Shanny, I would post the Mara comments on the bulletin board with the following statement: "This man has taken money out of your pockets".

As far as I am concerned, Mr Mara should have recused himself as soon as the 2 involved were the teams in his own division. Since he did not, he is also guilty of 'creating an unfair advantage' for his own team. Essentially, cheating.

There is no such thing as a coincidence, so if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck, its a damn duck!

Basically, all Mara did was weaken his enemies which all great empires should do. BUT, he done messed with the wrong freaking empire this time !!!! The players should be hyped beyond belief ;Mara and company have crippled our Super Bowl run by taking away our weapons. But something tells me, we are going to get our Brave Heart on this year, take the season series and be the reason why the Gnats don't make the playoffs. So Mara, you brought this on yourself homie !

Archived