Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I for one believe that the overall quality of players on our present team is still being impacted by the b.s. penalty.  It will take another off-season to get back to square one.  I've heard estimates that NFL players around the league lost at least $100 million because of the secret cap.  That is on their Union leadership for signing the last minute stipulations that the NFL insisted on after the strike was settled.

Everyone knows now that Goodell is a slime ball, but the secret cap and subsequent cap penalty revealed his true nature back then.

As for the giants and Mara, I honestly can't tell you who I hate more:  The cowboys or the giants.  My gut is telling me the giants.

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Because this should NEVER be forgotten or let lie when we play New Jersey's not so finest

I MORE than happily cheered on Dallas the opening Sunday night. Again! THAT'S Mara's legacy.

**** that underhand jack wagon and **** his team.

Hail.

Couldn't agree with you more!! And if you have watched any NFL network, thank god Giants play Skins Thursday to get their season back on track. Apparently, we have no chance.....

**** them all!!!!

Dear John Mara,

**** you. You are unredeemable scum and will certainly be remembered as a sub-human asshole whose only true achievement was being born into the right family to save you from the failure that awaited you should you have been forced to prove yourself competent. You lack any moral fiber whatsoever and have repeatedly shown yourself to be a duplicitous ****. My contempt for you knows no bounds. I can think of no one who is less a man than you. May you rot in hell you maggot.

I hope the curse of Capgate continues to haunt you, your family and your team forever.

Suck it you jackass.

Sincerely yours,

MassSkinsFan

This is one game where I hope Snyder is in the locker room pre game just letting the guys know how badly he wants to win this game. I am usually against this. But if it could get the guys just a little more pissed off before the game. DO IT!

I dont like Mara and I hate the fact that the NFL let him cheat his 2 division rivals out of cap space to help his GMen. Having said that I dont want Dan Synder anywhere near that locker room. He has been a bigger problem for the Redskins franchise then any Mara!

I am still mad at the union for allowing this to happen 

That's really an aspect of this thing that doesn't get nearly enough attention. They signed off on allowing collusion in exchange for some cap being move from the future into the present. Which was solely to make De Smith look good. And the players re-elected him. 

There's a ton of shame to go around on this one.

Man you have no idea how happy I am to read that I'm not the only one to feel this way.  For years the Giants have kind of gotten a pass from a lot of Redskins fans, including me.  Once you spend it all on Dallas and Philly there wasn't much hate left for NY.

But all that changed with this cap penalty.  Not only did they cripple us for years Shanny was pretty clear that had they known about this they never would have made the trade up for Griffin.   So the Giants screwed us for years, Dallas never did that.  So yeah I was rooting for the Cowboys in the opener.

I get why the union let them get away with it.  Smith was in trouble and the penalty and redistributed wealth allowed him to say to his membership "see, I got the cap raised".  I have no idea how the courts sided with the NFL. 

Because the union signed off on it. It would be like if I took your watch, then you asked me to pay $10 to reimburse you for it and then you tried to have me arrested for stealing it. 

except ... its not just the players union who potentially were damaged by the league, its also the Redskin and Cowboy fans who are invested, and the cities who's game day business is effected by a fan base that either doesn't come out for the games as much or leaves without lingering at restaurants etc. because they are pissed off.  Mara damaged us ... we should be able to have him arrested (using your analogy)

except ... its not just the players union who potentially were damaged by the league, its also the Redskin and Cowboy fans who are invested, and the cities who's game day business is effected by a fan base that either doesn't come out for the games as much or leaves without lingering at restaurants etc. because they are pissed off.  Mara damaged us ... we should be able to have him arrested (using your analogy)

To carry the analogy on, at this point you have agreed to let me have the watch for a price, but your wife really liked the watch so she wants me arrested.

Collusion is a matter between unions and management, period. And the case you said you had "no idea how the courts sided with NFL" on was a case between the union and the NFL, after the union retroactively OK'ed the collusion. And you're saying the court should have sided with the union anyway because the fans are "pissed off"? Legally, that's just gobbledygook.

Archived