Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

Eat turkey poo Mara! You deserve it!

Ok now to business. Whose to say that Mara did not have influence of how the redskins schedule was made this year? Looking at it. We only won 4 games last year and still played allot of teams coming of byes or short weeks, such as thursday games.

Mara is on the comp committee I would not be surprised if that sob didn't shaft us again with this years schedule! Mara shove it!

It shows how little the NFL cares about covering their own turds that Mara is still on the competition committee. A blatant cheater. We had to spend an entire offseason obsessing about stupid ass deflategate when one of the owners cheated in a way that was so much more public and impactful and it's been crickets.

• 9 months later...

Packing for the road to NY, gonna hit up the Waffle House, FaceTime the hot Asian wife & then....shoot...what's were we gonna do....oh yeah our favorite thing to do...

beatupjohncenamara_zps6sqvcg2l.gif

Dont see how Mara "cheated". Also he cant enforce anything in his own. He can suggest stuff all he wants then its up to the league. What about the other 31 owners? He controls all of them ?? Did the NFL screw up? Maybe. But this is not on Mara at all. 

Also If Jerry Jones was involved you can be almost certain there were shenanigans going on. 

7 minutes ago, eastrutherford said:

Dont see how Mara "cheated". Also he cant enforce anything in his own. He can suggest stuff all he wants then its up to the league. What about the other 31 owners? He controls all of them ?? Did the NFL screw up? Maybe. But this is not on Mara at all. 

Also If Jerry Jones was involved you can be almost certain there were shenanigans going on. 

He's the head of the competition committee. The other 31 owners aren't all on said committee. Do you think the heads of committees in congress have no influence over the committees which they preside?

A punishment was enforced at the 11th hour about an unwritten rule (ie, not a rule at all) against 2 teams in the same division as the head of the committee. You're being willfully obtuse or just stupid if you think one thing has nothing to do with the other. 

1 minute ago, eastrutherford said:

well thanks for calling me obtuse and or stupid. Does Mara have influence? Sure he does. Still up to the NFL however.. But I ask again how did he cheat? By bringing up some thing that may have been wrong to do? If it wasnt wrong why was did the league act on it? 

Read the first post of the thread, I'm not going to do your research for you. But I will say that when it came to litigation, in a sworn affidavit, the league said the teams broke no rules. And Mara said we were lucky not to lose draft picks. You do the math.

7 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Read the first post of the thread, I'm not going to do your research for you. But I will say that when it came to litigation, in a sworn affidavit, the league said the teams broke no rules. And Mara said we were lucky not to lose draft picks. You do the math.

seems like a lot of hearsay going on. Rucco denies what he may have said at an earlier date. The NFL said there was no wrong doing but did  not give restitution back  to the Skins or Cowboys?? Something was rotten and we as outsiders dont know the whole story. 

30 minutes ago, eastrutherford said:

Something was rotten and we as outsiders dont know the whole story. 

Yep. We don't know the whole story,but most of it. Enough to know and agree that there was something rotten. That something was what Mara pulled.

This isn't hard. Mara was the head of the council, and he had an obvious conflict of interest when he led them to the decision to punish his division rivals for (in his words) "violating the spirit of the salary cap" in an uncapped year. 

I take comfort in the fact that since then those rivals have won 3 division titles and his Giants haven't won any. Karma.

7 minutes ago, eastrutherford said:

intelligent response by "illone" you guys rock....

good luck Sunday. Here's to a good game with no injuries. 

Reminder:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37421/im-not-sure-john-mara-should-be-talking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/25/mara-says-redskins-cowboys-are-lucky-they-didnt-lose-draft-picks/

Archived