Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Rick Reilly: The Redemption of Brian Banks (Redskins offering a tryout)

terpskins10

Well I was reading this past weekend, she's now receiving govt. assistance as she blew all of that money. But I'm glad they reached out to Brian Banks and offered him a tryout. She deserves everything bad that comes to her.

Why is she not being charged for a false accusation?

Ugh, nothing makes me angrier than someone lying and destroying someone's prime of their life by putting them in prison for a crime he did not commit and then getting away with a slap on the wrist. That has to be the lowest of the low and theres a special place in hell for these kinds of people. Hard to believe in justice or people in general when this kind of thing happens everyday especially since rape one of the laws where you can get convicted without any real hard evidence, it's hard to prove or disprove a lot of rape cases.

All that being said, I hope Brian Banks lands a job here. I would be disappointed if he didn't because he deserves it.

"Hi, Brian? It's me, Wanetta. You know, the girl who completely destroyed your reality? Listen, I'm really sorry about falsely accusing you of rape and sending you to prison and all that. Yes, I realize that I stole the best years of your life in return for $75,000...my bad! Say, what are you up to this weekend?"

She actually got $750,000, which makes it infinitely worse. Hopefully the school comes after her for the settlement.

That link is not right, ^ look at the address, atm machine in the kitchen - Great place to hide it from the wife.

Derp. Thanks. Wrong url. Fixed (kinda). MSN redirected their link to foxsports which wasnt the original they had up. Anywhos. NYP has a nice quick clean write up.

I was just reading about this brother's case last week and hoping that he would get an opportunity.. i'm so happy for him... I hope he does well enough for them to keep him through camp.. :) good for Mr. Banks!

---------- Post added May-30th-2012 at 11:52 AM ----------

and she needs to give back every single penny she got.

I hope he can stick around into camp. Maybe make the practice squad if not the real squad.

I would imagine if the woman got the $750k from "the state" as the article suggested, there's a very good likelihood that "the state" will have a few things to say to her:

EDIT: If Brian Banks and Brandon Banks make the team, what the heck do they put on the back of the jersey? BRA. BANKS and BRI. BANKS? Things that make you go Hmmmmm.....

1. I want my money back.

2. I think you should probably do some time for lying to us and making us look stupid.

3. Ooops. I forgot where I put that key...

I hope so too!!!! That is so outrageous. And the gall of her to want to get back with him after taking away 10 years of the man's life!! Geesh!

that women has got to be a psychopath... completely disgusting what she did. I'm just glad she was dumb enough to ask to meet with Banks so he could clear his name and salvage his future.

I wish this young man luck in pursuing his dreams.....and glad we were one of several teams to offer a tryout. Never can tell where a diamond in the rough might be found.

Concerning that lying woman, hope she gets all that is coming to her.....all the payback that she so richly deserves.

This is a terrible and sad story that happened to him, I wish him well, and hope he can recover from his jail time. Can't believe the court sentenced him without a DNA test !.

I agree. Seems crazy. I would like to see them give Tony Washington a tryout. Always thought they should.

Archived