Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

Given Gomes age and play during his rookie year, he most certainly would make most NFL rosters. Doughty will not be our starter and would also have no trouble finding a backup gig somewhere.

I disagree he might be a serviceable back up on SOME rosters but hes definitely a starter by any means..

And suddenly there is no one at either Safety position....if Reed Doughty is still on the team on opening day, that dude must have jedi powers. *Waves fingers* "You don't want to cut me....I'm a solid backup"......

Reed's here because he's been helping to recruit VJax. :)

Your lookin to deep into it bro, and everybody in her just goes with the hype.

He also retweeted this which tells me he still wants to be here.

"@KMO41AMN: Fam???? @MrLandry30"I really wish da skins brought both of yall back!! I fuk wit both of yall

@MrLandry30 don't ever leave Washington!!!!!! Please!!!!!!! #hail RT

Jane takes better angles.

:ols:

--

Unfortunately, this might be a classic case of a guy needing a change of scenery. Let's not pretend we weren't awed at times by his intimidating presence back there. Remember, too that he lost year even though healthy when D-coordinator Greg Blache designed a ****amamine scheme that kept Landry 25 yards from the line of scrimmage at the snap all year. The most physically intimidating safety in the league was forced to play prevent defense for 16 games. It was a stupid waste of a defensive asset.

He'll go somewhere else a bit older and - relatively speaking - wiser. He'll get healthy and continue to scare the **** out of receivers. Too bad he couldn't mature here.

While I don't think he'll be back, there is a chance he could be resigned.Reasons being:

1. Don't think he is going to see a lot of money anywhere given his fragile nature and the inability to stay on the field. If the Skins make an offer, it may be teh best one.

2. Since we a very thin at safety, and unless there are some unforseen cuts (which happen) there is not a lot out there (Nelson, Williams, Bullitt) in terms of quality, the FO may try to bring him back (and OJ for that matter) on the cheap.

I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks.

Honestly, this has turned into another Carlos Rogers situation, except Carlos was better for us because he could consistently get on the field.

Those texts or tweets or whatever show me everything I need to know. Dude is getting all emo about not getting paid 10 mil a year when he hasn't played in a year and a half. Peace.

The problem with LL is he is too self-absorbed. In his mind, he is the man amongst all men. Granted, his physique is nice; However, in the business realm of football, he has been a very very poor return on investment. Give me a young safety who has the drive and hunger to make a name for himself in the secondary. I miss ST more and more every year.

Dear Laron,

With the news of the peice of **** Goodell laying the hammer down on the 'sins salary cap space 'skins fans are beyond pissed and do not give a rat's ass if your over-rated, over-inflated, oft injured ass were to sign with the Pukes at this time. I would love to see your over-rated, over-inflated, oft-injured ass sign with them so I can laugh at you for your missed tackles, bad angles, celebrating a tackle 10 yards DOWN the field and seeing the back of your jersey because you are chasing te's and wr's that juke your sorry ass. Good riddance to one of my least favorite 'skins of all-time. I hated the selection the day we drafted you and I'll be elated when you are officially gone.

Dude is gone. I hope most of you all realize this by now.

Personally, I'll always remember those six games in FIVE seasons where he was an absolute beast. Great memories.

+1

Those six games were some of the beastliest games, too.

So long, Larry.. .. er,, LaRue... er.. L'Achilles...

~Bang

Dude is gone. I hope most of you all realize this by now.

Personally, I'll always remember those six games in FIVE seasons where he was an absolute beast. Great memories.

Never forget the Seattle game his rookie season, 2 int's and I thought we had something special. Oh well. Later Landry.

Archived