Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

landry is in idiot.. balee that.

I won't even argue with you about his "syntax." I hate when people write like that, hell I punctuate and spell correctly in text messages. See how you want to see Laron, he's definitely not coming back. But this is why I have a serious problem with how big social media has come. Posting a conversation on twitter to say he's this or that is pretty crazy if looked at in context. I'm not sure how many abusive and negative comments many of us would take from random fans before we said something we regretted. Many athletes, such as Rashard Mendenhall have said ridiculous things on twitter.

The fact is, fans want to get on there and say things they wouldn't have the balls to face to face. If I was in Landry's shoes and my team only wanted to bring me back on a prove-it deal and I was constantly getting ripped by the fans I'd be much less inclined to play for them too. If you are of the opinion he's too injury prone and has deserved much more than that type of contract that's fine. He didn't choose to be injured and is obviously choosing to do what he thinks is best to get himself back on the field and to make money through a job with a short career life. But to get on the internet and personally insult or assault someone you will never have to face is cowardly on a fan's part as well.

Kind of douchey and unprofessional. I like Landry, but he seems to be one of those guys who is unawares of the line between disrespect and everything else. Redskins Nation loved him. He should have the courtesy to at least act courteously...

Yea loved him when he was healthy, but as soon as he got hurt you guys started actin like he was bangin your wives or something.

Sounds to me, that he thinks we've just plain moved on, he sounds a little hurt. I can't blame the Skins for moving on, but honestly, given our Safety situation I would have him sign a show me deal to stay. If he doesn't sign then he doesn't sign, but I'd at least try. As it stands right now, if he leaves, we are worse off for it. Supply is really the only reason I wouldn't move on just yet, not a lot of options for us, given we need two.

Word is that we have tried for a one year contract and he won't agree to it. Wants big money...

If anyone else has been following Dirty 30 on Twitter, you'll surely have noticed the pattern emerging over the last week.

Here are just a few ;

For those not familiar with twitter, the lines starting with @NAME mean LaRon Landry is either 'retweeting them', which means he is just copying what they've said so others can see it, or he is replying directly to them.

What does everyone else think? I for one don't like seeing him RT a pro Cowboys tweet...

I think it's a good thing not to have a Twitter account!

Yea loved him when he was healthy, but as soon as he got hurt you guys started actin like he was bangin your wives or something.

From what we can decipher from his tweet he's running his mouth. He decided he didn't want surgery delaying his recovery. Now 2 years has passed and he still isn't healthy. Now your other smart ass comment proves your just a spurned lover because he's not banging you no more.

Reading his latest tweets hurt my head just trying to understand him. But it does help to understand his play better. The boy is just not too bright.

Note to LaRon: Unless your goal in life is to be a thug, learn to speak English.

I don't really see an issue with his tweets or re-tweets honestly.

I do agree, it's definitely time to move on. Someone tweeted that Landry was the biggest "bleep" to never use illegal substances and I almost spit my drink out. Turn into a monster in a year, and all of a sudden you're an injury prone player? Ligaments and tendons can't hold up when you gain so

much "phony" mass in such a short period of time and that's what his injuries are. It isn't rocket science, it's also obvious.

I like LL, but he cares more about being He-man than he does staying healthy and playing more than a few games a year.

Reading his latest tweets hurt my head just trying to understand him. But it does help to understand his play better. The boy is just not too bright.

Note to LaRon: Unless your goal in life is to be a thug, learn to speak English.

+1 for sounding like a judgmental douche. You almost had me fooled :)

I am probably the only person in our entire fan base who wants to bring him back.

I think he is a good player and our options at safety are much much worse.

Used to hate him, then I grew to love him BUT YOU KNOW WHAT

MOTHER **** LARON LANDRY. We didn't do anything but accept you here. Don't turn to Twitter to create a market for yourself because there is no interest. You heard here first, nobody wants you because you won't have surgery you idiot. Your lucky we offered you a 1 year deal. You CAN'T PASS A PHYSICAL.

^^^^^^^ Skinzfever2010, just a heads up. Might want to readjust your post bro. Mods are ban heavy and I dont like to see dudes walking down the street with boots in their arses...

Thanks brother, it just upsets me to see someone be that unprofessional. You don't take your agenda to twitter and taunt us. Retweeting Cowboy and Eagle fans? Really LaRon, like we treated you poorly here. Like Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett did nothing but sing your praises. You trashed our training and coaching staff on twitter last offseason and they let you take your approach and all you did was play 7 games last season.

Don't make us the bad guys LaRon. Your, your own worst enemy. We wanted to help you. BYE LARON

Got a good laugh out of the Twitter convo. My favorite part:

Fan: the finer points of your syntax elude me sometimes.

Landry: respect

:ols:

Exactly, dude is a space brain. OMG, who is his agent? Why would you take to fans on twitter before FA starts. That is the epitome of unprofessionalism. If you don't want to be here fine dude your free to leave at 4PM ET don't trash us on the way out. This regime did a good job of putting players in the best position to be successful. If you had problems with Zorn/Blache then speak your peace but Allen/Shannahan/Haslett did nothing to you. The Fans did nothing to you.

Stay classy Landry.

I don't really see an issue with his tweets or re-tweets honestly.

I do agree, it's definitely time to move on. Someone tweeted that Landry was the biggest "bleep" to never use illegal substances and I almost spit my drink out. Turn into a monster in a year, and all of a sudden you're an injury prone player? Ligaments and tendons can't hold up when you gain so

much "phony" mass in such a short period of time and that's what his injuries are. It isn't rocket science, it's also obvious.

I like LL, but he cares more about being He-man than he does staying healthy and playing more than a few games a year.

Actually, I take back the part about his tweets. I obviously missed a ton of them... he did get a little carried away with them, it is what it is tho.

+1 for sounding like a judgmental douche. You almost had me fooled :)

That's the kind of inflammatory response that can get you a week's vacation around here.

Sadly, it looks like Laron is going to the way of Carlos. A big-ego guy with talent who can't put it together here, and is blaming us when he can't get a big contract. I'm ready to move on from him.

Archived