Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

I disagree that he'll flourish, gortiz. You're right about our transactional history with Philly but Landry's already on the decline. The only reason IMO that people are still high on him is because he was such a high draft pick and he has a connection with Sean Taylor's backfield. I think the increased photoshop muscle mass will come back to bite him in the ass. Also I don't think the Eagles coaches can teach him anymore than he already knows and wants to learn. He will always be Dirty 30 and I'd be he will get injured more.

i think you all are missing something here ...

Odds are, if Philly signs him, and we let him go, we are going to pay dearly and he will flourish.

i love my skins, but we can't really compare to philly when it comes to personal moves. See McNabb to Skins, Kolb to Cardinals, Djax over Devin/Malcolm, Trotter (goign back, but dude, did they make us look bad on that one), Vick, etc. etc.

You definitely have a point overall with those transactions. lol can't argue there. However, regarding the defense side of the ball, that was Jim Johnson's defense which was 2 D-Coordinators ago. Their defense now, more specifically the Linebackers and Safeties were terrible. Which is the counterpoint as to why this is bad for the skins. In order to run the wide 9's you need safeties and linebackers who will stick their nose in & around the line of scrimmage because they're going to have to play the run a lot while the D line rushes the passer. Landry is a good fit for that scheme.

The things that will happen to his pet monkey in the Iggles locker room are better left unmentioned, and the fact that it will be smarter than any of the players goes without saying...

only a matter of time before Vick is the leader of a monkey fighting ring...poor bubbles

i

Odds are, if Philly signs him, and we let him go, we are going to pay dearly and he will flourish. .

Please don't let : Haynesworth,McNabb,Jason Campbell,Lavar Arrington,etc.... go cause they will come back to haunt us!!!!

Oh Nooooooooo!!!

:rolleyes:

Be interested to see how much Philly would pay Landry to play three games and sit out the last 13............

Kind of have mixed feelings about this. if he his healthy he makes a big impact on that defense.. Hope he goes to the AFC he will be looking to kill us everytime we play the, hit him with a double move. lol

Long history of guys leaving one NFCE team to join another. Spite mostly, it seems.

When healthy Landry will improve whatever secondary he's part off. The guys bashing him now are the same fans that couldn't get enough of talking smack about Rogers, we all know how that worked out.

2nd year in a row we're letting homegrown talent depart via free agency. Let's see what second rate talent they manage to fill the position with this year.

When healthy Landry will improve whatever secondary he's part off. The guys bashing him now are the same fans that couldn't get enough of talking smack about Rogers, we all know how that worked out.

2nd year in a row we're letting homegrown talent depart via free agency. Let's see what second rate talent they manage to fill the position with this year.

There's a difference in a guy that's a butt head and refused to get contacts and a guy that's an idiot that has a chronic Achilles problem.

Keep spinnin'............

1. Carlos' hate has nothing to do with Landry's hate.

2. We should let homegrown talent depart when that talent has dissolved and isn't worth the money and roster spot anymore. Just because he's a homegrown talent doesn't make him automatically a priority and "good".

i think you all are missing something here ...

Odds are, if Philly signs him, and we let him go, we are going to pay dearly and he will flourish.

i love my skins, but we can't really compare to philly when it comes to personal moves. See McNabb to Skins, Kolb to Cardinals, Djax over Devin/Malcolm, Trotter (goign back, but dude, did they make us look bad on that one), Vick, etc. etc.

You've obviously forgotten about such brilliant DC to Philly moves as James Thrash and ND Kalu. Those guys sure became stars...

Landry is garbage.......I hope he signs with the Eagles for a ridiculous contract. He is good for 4 games a year and at least we can stack WR's on his side knowing he will get torched. And at least we can all laugh at his celebrations when our WR makes a 25+ yard play like the rest of the NFL did to us. Huge bust from 1st round.

As an afterthought, this was our 2007 NFL draft.

1 6 LaRon Landry Safety LSU

5 143 Dallas Sartz Linebacker USC

6 179 H.B. Blades Linebacker Pittsburgh

6 205 Jordan Palmer Quarterback UTEP

7 216 Tyler Ecker Tight End Michigan

Excuse me for a moment ... :puke:

Compare that to our 2008 draft.

2 3 (34) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

2 17 (48) Fred Davis TE USC

2 20 (51) Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma

3* 33 (96) Chad Rinehart G Northern Iowa

4 25 (124) Justin Tryon CB Arizona State