Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

From the NFL Network...

Eagles, Jets and Patriots hold interest in Landry By NFL.com Staff |

Published: March 14th, 2012 | Tags: 2012 free agency, LaRon Landry, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles, Jets and Patriots are interested in former Redskins safety LaRon Landry on a short-term deal, according to league sources.

All three teams have a need for a physical safety like Landry who can play close to the line of scrimmage. He’s a talented player who can impact the game and make plays on every level of the defense. I see a little bit of Troy Polamalu in Landry’s game.

A fourth team, the Lions, might also have interest.

The key for whatever team signs him is to keep him healthy so he can play 16 games and maximize his skills on the field and not in the training room.

– Michael Lombardi

Follow Michael Lombardi on Twitter @michaelombardi

Reading those tweets makes me realize that LaRon Landry is an idiot. Complete egocentric buffoon. Waste of the sixth overall pick. Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Dwayne Bowe, Michael Griffin...so many players I recall wanting more than him. Man we've drafted horribly the past decade plus.

As an afterthought, this was our 2007 NFL draft.

1 6 LaRon Landry Safety LSU

5 143 Dallas Sartz Linebacker USC

6 179 H.B. Blades Linebacker Pittsburgh

6 205 Jordan Palmer Quarterback UTEP

7 216 Tyler Ecker Tight End Michigan

If someone can remind me what happened to our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks that would be highly appreciated. Bugging the hell out of me. I've never seen such a pathetic looking draft.

*double edit* After some research finally found out. We...

Traded 2nd round pick for Rocky McIntosh

Traded 3rd round pick for TJ Duckett

Traded 4th round pick for Brandon Lloyd

I guess we traded up to get McIntosh the year before. Those other two are pure idiocy.

Landry going to the Eagles doesn't bother me. Shanahan and Haslett know what his weaknesses are and they will be exploited fully if he's the Eggles starting SS. Dude's balls are gonna pop on the field, I just know it.

Yep. Knowing Landry's tendencies, I think The Shanahans will be able to design a play or two to cause Landry to over-pursue or in general just exploit his low football IQ.

I'm not gonna lie, it would irk me a bit if he signs with Filthy but I'm much more concerned about OUR team than where a guy like him ends up. Now Fletcher, on the other hand....:mad:

Yeah add me to the list of people that wouldn’t mind seeing him on the Eagles or Cowturds. He’ll get paid starter money and we only have like a 20% chance he’ll play when we play them. Not worried about it, he’ll just be taking up salary cap and roster space.

i think you all are missing something here ...

Odds are, if Philly signs him, and we let him go, we are going to pay dearly and he will flourish.

i love my skins, but we can't really compare to philly when it comes to personal moves. See McNabb to Skins, Kolb to Cardinals, Djax over Devin/Malcolm, Trotter (goign back, but dude, did they make us look bad on that one), Vick, etc. etc.

I think Landry will sign with a NFC East team. My impressions of him is that he is a vindictive person and has a bad taste in his mouth. I am basing my impressions from following him on Twitter up until the last couple of days.

It doesn't matter to me if he signs with an NFC east team at all. Everyone deserves to be happy and if this is what makes him happy, so be it. Bring on the competition because these aren't the same ole Skins.

Archived