Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

LOL we replaced a 2010 contender for DPOY with some scrub that's been bouncing around the league and never was particularly good to begin with...when we could have kept our guy in the system he was thriving in for a mere $4M? Good lord...so Pierre freaking Garcon is worth $21M guaranteed to us, but Laron Landry isn't worth 5?

LOL we replaced a 2010 contender for DPOY with some scrub that's been bouncing around the league and never was particularly good to begin with...when we could have kept our guy in the system he was thriving in for a mere $4M? Good lord...so Pierre freaking Garcon is worth $21M guaranteed to us, but Laron Landry isn't worth 5?

Guess who's actually been to a Pro Bowl?

Yeah, might as well pay him 4-5 mill and watch him be a game time decision and not play for another 13/14 games...right?

Sometimes, I wonder if some of you even pay attention to what goes on with this team.

The next carlos rogers... I dont know im very torn by this I loved watching him play for us I love the day we drafted him I loved Area 51....i guess he was hurt the last two years but i dont see how he wasnt an option to at least try to see if his achilles was healed this season seeing the fact that our safeties atm are all average at best...

The next carlos rogers... I dont know im very torn by this I loved watching him play for us I love the day we drafted him I loved Area 51....i guess he was hurt the last two years but i dont see how he wasnt an option to at least try to see if his achilles was healed this season seeing the fact that our safeties atm are all average at best...

Because you don't pay a guy who won't have surgery on a known injury to sit and see if he will heal when you know he won't heal and will get hurt as soon as he starts playing. That is just a silly thing to do.

Good luck in NY LaRon, too bad that it didn't really work out here.

I'm guessing that he had to take a medical before signing, could it be that his alternative treatments are actually working?

Although he's no longer a Redskin, I'm gonna follow his career with interest, but not his tweets though, they're far too confusing and self obsessed.

Yeah, might as well pay him 4-5 mill and watch him be a game time decision and not play for another 13/14 games...right?

Sometimes, I wonder if some of you even pay attention to what goes on with this team.

This forum has become a mouthpiece for the ShannAllen administration, rubberstamping every move without thought or logic. Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team. He was injured. A team with a much better FO than ours, including one of the best defenses in the league, came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system. We already know with 100% certainty that Landry, when healthy, is an absolute monster in this system. So we have more potential upside (we know Landry is a fit for this system) and less potential downside (our other safeties already suck, no biggie if Laron can't play) yet we still let him walk.

This offseason has been disaster after disaster.

This forum has become a mouthpiece for the ShannAllen administration, rubberstamping every move without thought or logic. Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team. He was injured. A team with a much better FO than ours, including one of the best defenses in the league, came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system. We already know with 100% certainty that Landry, when healthy, is an absolute monster in this system. So we have more potential upside (we know Landry is a fit for this system) and less potential downside (our other safeties already suck, no biggie if Laron can't play) yet we still let him walk.

Since when have the Jets had a better front office than us?

Well, then I suggest you take your whininess to the nearest Jet fan board with their new "monster player" :ols: and there "brillant" front office and start cheering for them, because you are obviously unhappy here.

This confirms what I've thought of your posts this offseason..

There's so much fail here that I no longer have to take you seriously.

T Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team.

Key word: Was

You didn't really pay any attention the Jets last year,did you? Their defense has been on the decline since their high point in Rex's first and second year there.

This isn't drinking the ShanAllen kool-aid here...it's common sense.

You have a safety with an achilles issue. Instead of abiding by the team doctors, he goes a different route for treatment.

Landry's preferred route doesn't correct the injury and he misses a ton of time last season. The offseason comes around and he decides to not listen to the team a second time around and then tries to cover up another surgery and keep it from the team.

Why in the hell would I still want this guy when:

He doesn't listen to instruction and has an achilles that still isn't healed and could rupture the next time he takes the field?

Letting him go IS sound logic.

I am still a fan of LaRon. All the best in NY Dirty #30.

I'm not. I mean, nothing against him as a person, but other than the occasional big hit, he really was a bust with the 6th pick in the draft. Hopefully for him his health improves, but his career as a Redskin will be recorded as 1/2 a pro bowl level season, tons of missed practices/camps, loads of excuses (mostly by fans), huge muscles, missed tackles, poor pass coverage, and another Redskins draft failure.

Not that this has anything really to do with his play for the Redskins' date=' but when I used to live in Arlington, VA I worked at a restaurant where Redskins used to come in from time to time. (it wasn't a situation where people would be hounding them for pics and autographs either; it was always very professional). Anyways, Landry was one of the more frequent guys and I have to say NOT a good tipper and pretty much an a-hole to the staff. Jason Taylor on the other hand was completely awesome and always tipped well. I think it says something about someone's character in how they treat people who do services for them and Landry just doesn't have it.[/quote']

I also work at a place that many Redskins dine at on almost a weekly basis and I actually refute that. He always tipped well at my workplace so maybe it was just something he didn't like that one day at yours.

Worst DC Sports tipper of all time should come as no surprise - none other then one Gilbert Arenas.

Archived