6 14 (180) Kareem Moore DB Nicholls State

6 20 (186) Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

7* 35 (242) Rob Jackson DE Kansas State

7* 42 (249) Chris Horton S UCLA

Look at all those guys we drafted instead of Garcon and Morgan. :ols:

Only Fred Davis remains...

Devin Thomas won a Superbowl.

Devin Thomas won a Superbowl.

Devin Thomas was on a team that won a Super Bowl. He did next to nothing to get them there.

---------- Post added March-14th-2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

When healthy Landry will improve whatever secondary he's part off. The guys bashing him now are the same fans that couldn't get enough of talking smack about Rogers, we all know how that worked out.

2nd year in a row we're letting homegrown talent depart via free agency. Let's see what second rate talent they manage to fill the position with this year.

Its not that simple. Carlos needed his eyes checked never did it. He had a bad attitude and wanted to leave. Laron has a ton of injury problems and a bad attitude. They are letting them go for good reasons. Its not like they forgot they were freeagents and didn't sign them.

Devin Thomas was on a team that won a Super Bowl. He did next to nothing to get them there.

---------- Post added March-14th-2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

Its not that simple. Carlos needed his eyes checked never did it. He had a bad attitude and wanted to leave. Laron has a ton of injury problems and a bad attitude. They are letting them go for good reasons. Its not like they forgot they were freeagents and didn't sign them.

If I recall Devin Thomas recovered two fumbles in the championship game that allowed the giants to go to the super bowl.

Anyone can have a bad attitude when they feel they aren't treated fairly.

I thot Philly traded thrash to skins for a fifth (Cole).

In 2001 after a "breakout year" in 2000, the Eagles signed away a "future star" WR named James Thrash to be young Donovan McNabb's go to guy. In that same offseason they also stole away a budding pass rushing stud DE named ND Kalu; big free agent signings for the can't miss Eagles. Sarcasm ends here.....

The Eagles have signed almost as many free agents as we have over the years, and while they haven't missed as spectacularly as we have, they have missed plenty.

---------- Post added March-14th-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

If I recall Devin Thomas recovered two fumbles in the championship game that allowed the giants to go to the super bowl.

I hear that all the time, but does that somehow validate his career as a 2nd round pick WR? Not in any way. He was a 4th stringer who played special teams on the the Super Bowl champ. That doesn't mean that we (or the other teams who passed on him) made some horrible mistake in not signing him.

Devin got drafted to play wide receiver not special team, esp with a 2nd round pick. You can also have a bad attitude when you're an ass which by most accounts Carlos and LaRon are.

Probably has already been said but I don't want to sift through 6 pages.

All Laron was ever really good at was blowing people up every now an then, he really brought nothing else to the table. I've always wanted the dude to live up to the hype/potential that most Skin fans expected when we drafted him, unfortunately that day has never come.

Let's do a quick list of pros and cons

Let's do cons first:

Has been plagued by taking poor angles

Bites on play action

Doesn't wrap up when tackling

Blown assignments

More worried about the highlight reel hits than he is about being a good safety

Injury prone

Pros:

Dude is a physical specimen!

Once in a blue moon he'll knock the hell out of someone

It makes me cringe thinking about him going to another team because we have been extremely unlucky with guys leaving the Skins and blowing up, hell, Rogers leaves and suddenly learns how to catch a damn ball. But for me, I've moved on, LL30 has never really earned the money we've paid him. Maybe he'll sign with the Eagles and they'll move him to LB.

For the sake of the argument, DT forced neither fumble. I believe he was in a "right spot at the right time" for both recoveries.

He gets no sympathy from me.

Similar topic, I follow Robert Henson on twitter (remember him? Anyone?) and he was tweeting today or yesterday that the Skins messed up by not waiting for Malcolm Kelly to finally get healthy and seeing what he's really got before cutting him. Probably wouldn't need all these FA WR's if we did. One of the (unintentionally) funniest things I've seen on there.

If I'm a GM and I draft you as a potential starting WR in the 2nd round, I'd rather see you catching balls and getting PT on offense, not getting leftover special teams duty.

During his time in Washington, he did neither, but now that he recovered a couple footballs in NY his value is resurfaced? yeah, right. For what he is (a WR) he is still mediocre and has been very underwelming for where he was drafted.

Similar topic, I follow Robert Henson on twitter (remember him? Anyone?) and he was tweeting today or yesterday that the Skins messed up by not waiting for Malcolm Kelly to finally get healthy and seeing what he's really got before cutting him. Probably wouldn't need all these FA WR's if we did. One of the (unintentionally) funniest things I've seen on there.

Oh yes, Mr. Ass McMuffin Henson. Whats he up to these days?

What's utterly sad about this is that for a franchise that spent two top 5 picks on safeties in the last 7 years, we are completely bankrupt at that position.

What makes it worse is that if Taylor wasn't killed, I don't think we would be having this issue with Landry.

Oh yes, Mr. Ass McMuffin Henson. Whats he up to these days?

Lol.

Last few days he's been trying to act like an insider on twitter. Basically retweeting Adam Schefter's tweets in his own words, seconds after Schefter posts them, acting like he has sources. He's on twitter more than any person I know.

Archived