Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

This forum has become a mouthpiece for the ShannAllen administration, rubberstamping every move without thought or logic. Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team. He was injured. A team with a much better FO than ours, including one of the best defenses in the league, came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system. We already know with 100% certainty that Landry, when healthy, is an absolute monster in this system. So we have more potential upside (we know Landry is a fit for this system) and less potential downside (our other safeties already suck, no biggie if Laron can't play) yet we still let him walk.

This offseason has been disaster after disaster.

Mike and Bruce would've given Landry a chance had he got the surgery and rehabbed his Achilles. Instead, Landry chose to ignore not only the team doctors but also his "2nd Opinion" doctor and elected for unproven alternative medicine. It's obvious Laron isn't 100% dedicated to his craft; it's time to move on.

The Jets have a much better FO? Please. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum built a prima donna monster last year. Have you not seen the dozens of reports from former Jets players on the state of the locker room?

When we come in there in OTAs, [we need to] have a player meeting. The leaders need to step up, talk to everybody in the building and say, 'Hey, man, this is our goal this year. This is what we need to accomplish.' Let's not get into the bickering or the frustrations, because it brings a team down.
We have to bring in another quarterback that will make [sanchez] work at practice. He's lazy and content because he knows he's not going to be benched.
It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals. There were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they got their ... they really had a good game individually. And that's the disappointing thing

Laron is a perfect fit for the Jets. He's selfish, narcissistic, and a jerk, all prerequisites of the Jets organization.

I kinda feel like drudging up KingGibbs Landry hatred thread in the Stadium to see how many people have flipped their opinion from, "no, he's great" to "screw him" since he signed with the Jets. I bet there's quite a few. ;)

Just listened to a segment on 0980.

This all according to Chris Russell: In a conference call with NY reporters, Landry claims that his Achillies was never a problem in 2011 and that his real issue was bone spurs or bone fragments in his heel, hence why he declined to have Achillies surgery.

Chris Russell then mentions that Landry CONSTANTLY complained about his Achilies and NOT his heel in 2011. Therefore, one can only suspect that Landry is lying through his teeth to the NY Jets and the New York media.

Time will certainly tell.

This all according to Chris Russell: In a conference call with NY reporters, Landry claims that his Achillies was never a problem in 2011 and that his real issue was bone spurs or bone fragments in his heel, hence why he declined to have Achillies surgery.

Chris Russell then mentions that Landry CONSTANTLY complained about his Achilies and NOT his heel in 2011. Therefore, one can only suspect that Landry is lying through his teeth to the NY Jets and the New York media.

I will say this, with good reason: I wouldn't necessarily believe what comes of Landry's mouth about his injuries, and that's been that way for awhile. But yes, as with all things, only time will really tell. If the contract is worded smart for the Jets, it's possible they could get a satisfactory result. But I think that's best case scenario, and I expect a lesser outcome.

If that's the case shouldn't he have had surgery on those bone spurs/fragments to remove them? Wouldn't the recovery from that be almost immediate? Come on LaRon, man up. Take responsibility. If you had done that you might have gotten that big contract that you were looking for here.

Maybe Tebow can use the power of prayer to heal Laron Landry now that they are both NY Jets. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/dawkins-says-tebow-laid-hands-on-injured-neck/

From time to time, some of you have joked that Jets quarterback Tim Tebow should try to heal injured players and/or opponents.

It’s time to stop joking.

Safety Brian Dawkins, who played for the Broncos during the two years of the Colorado version of Tebowmania, told Alex Marvez and Jim Miller of SiriusXM NFL Radio that Tebow tried to heal Dawkins’ injured neck last season.

“In our Bible study sessions when my neck was pretty bad and I’m hurting, [Tebow] along with our chaplain and [broncos director of player development] Jerry Butler laid hands and prayed on me pretty good,” Dawkins said. “They brought snot and tears to my eyes and all that type of good stuff with prayer.”

LaRon Landry... the old cliche, addition by subtraction. (See: Haynesworth, Albert)

If they dont resign Fletcher they've pretty much purged the entire team in less than 3 years too. Except for guys like Cooley, Orakpo, and Hall who were already signed at the time. Have they resigned anybody pre-Shanahan? Even Davis only got the Franchise tag so far. Did Moss get a new contract sometime?

I will say this, with good reason: I wouldn't necessarily believe what comes of Landry's mouth about his injuries, and that's been that way for awhile. But yes, as with all things, only time will really tell. If the contract is worded smart for the Jets, it's possible they could get a satisfactory result. But I think that's best case scenario, and I expect a lesser outcome.

I hope they had a doctor look at him. And hopefully it wasn't the same guy who reads contracts.....

If they dont resign Fletcher they've pretty much purged the entire team in less than 3 years too. Except for guys like Cooley, Orakpo, and Hall who were already signed at the time. Have they resigned anybody pre-Shanahan? Even Davis only got the Franchise tag so far. Did Moss get a new contract sometime?

I thought Moss got a one or two year deal with them?

Moss signed a 3 year contract under Shanahan..

Archived