Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

Just listened to a segment on 0980.

This all according to Chris Russell: In a conference call with NY reporters, Landry claims that his Achillies was never a problem in 2011 and that his real issue was bone spurs or bone fragments in his heel, hence why he declined to have Achillies surgery.

Chris Russell then mentions that Landry CONSTANTLY complained about his Achilies and NOT his heel in 2011. Therefore, one can only suspect that Landry is lying through his teeth to the NY Jets and the New York media.

Time will certainly tell.

Just a couple weeks ago Landry claimed that it was the Redskins staff who injured him when shooting him up to play. Can't get his story straight.

I thought we had already heard (a few months ago) that it was bone spurs that were the problem. I remember reading about it here that his achilles was pretty much back to normal, but our team docs were worried that the bone spurs would just reaggravate the achilles in the future. Hence why we insisted he have surgery to get the bone spurs removed.

New Report out of New England

Patriots passed on Landry due to "iffy" medical reports

by Rich Tandler

The Redskins let former first-round pick LaRon Landry leave as a free agent because they weren’t convinced that his injured Achilles would be able to withstand the rigors of an NFL season. It appears that the Patriots passed on signing him for the same reason.

Landry visited New England the first weekend of free agency but left without a contract. According to Boston.com beat reporter Shalise Manza Young, the Patriots passed on signing Landry because “the medicals on Landry’s oft-injured Achilles’ tendon came back iffier than they expected.”

I don’t think that “iffier” is a technical medical term or anything but it certainly seems like the Pats let Landry go for the same reason the Redskins did.

The Jets signed Landry a few days after the New England visit and Rex Ryan sounded very confident about the player’s health. “We feel good about him medically and everything. Wait till you see this guy. As impressive as he looks, see if he’s not knocking the tar out of everybody.”

The organization, however, did not put its money where Rex’s mouth is (almost always a prudent move). Landry’s one-year deal is worth a maximum of $3.5 million and half of that is in per-game roster bonuses. He will have play to get paid.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Patriots-passed-on-Landry-due-to-iffy-me?blockID=681372&feedID=10316

Rex sounds like an ES poster.

I think there's a direct correlation between talent and championships. I also think there's a direct correlation between character and championships. Landry never struck me as a man of character. Most of the time I ever heard him speak, he was complaining. And how many times did he blow off fan signings, etc? He seemed to be all about himself.

Interesting.....looks like Landry was a no show for the Jet's OTA's.....

This is a shock to who? Has he ever shown up in the offseason? I guess a better question is, has any coach ever been able to even contact him in the offseason?

This is a shock to who? Has he ever shown up in the offseason? I guess a better question is, has any coach ever been able to even contact him in the offseason?

I think he puts his phone on vibrate when he's practicing his "alternative" healing techniques....Helps soothe the aura I've heard....

Archived