Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

I think the thing with myself, and many other fans, is that we simply fell in love with him during that 1/2 a season of amazing play. But looking back at his whole career in Washington.. It's mostly forgettable.

Not that this has anything really to do with his play for the Redskins' date=' but when I used to live in Arlington, VA I worked at a restaurant where Redskins used to come in from time to time. (it wasn't a situation where people would be hounding them for pics and autographs either; it was always very professional). Anyways, Landry was one of the more frequent guys and I have to say NOT a good tipper and pretty much an a-hole to the staff. Jason Taylor on the other hand was completely awesome and always tipped well. I think it says something about someone's character in how they treat people who do services for them and Landry just doesn't have it.[/quote']

Can't comment on Landry's tipping specifically, but as someone who not too long ago was working for/living on tips, I completely agree. After pedophiles, rapists, murderers, bigots and drunk drivers, bad tippers are the people I least respect in life. (Prob forgetting some huge category of horrible people, but you get my point).

This confirms what I've thought of your posts this offseason..

There's so much fail here that I no longer have to take you seriously.

Yup. So much fail. An epic amount of fail. Completely oblivious. Jets with a great front office? Hahaha. The Jets are a cluster**** who are about to crash and burn in amazing fashion.

I'm not. I mean, nothing against him as a person, but other than the occasional big hit, he really was a bust with the 6th pick in the draft. Hopefully for him his health improves, but his career as a Redskin will be recorded as 1/2 a pro bowl level season, tons of missed practices/camps, loads of excuses (mostly by fans), huge muscles, missed tackles, poor pass coverage, and another Redskins draft failure.

Exactly how I see it.

I would just add that Laron the person, does indeed seem like a douche. But maybe we're just reading his tweets wrong. Who knows.

Question about tipping and what we expect of rich people---do you count someone as a bad tipper if they give you 20% on a 30 dollar dinner but you KNOW they are "rich" and can afford to give you more? I mean, I can't see being famous and then people expecting to get 300% the value of a meal, just because I have more money (or they think I have more money.) And maybe people don't but I'd want to know what people mean by "bad tipping."

Also, while tipping can tie into character (like leaving no tip on a well-served meal) I also know that certain stereotypes are regarded as true when it comes to WHO tips and WHO does not. Would that mean that all those people who fit that stereotype of who does not tip are terrible people or is it a different cultural expectation (or eff it, maybe it is a sign of low character anyway.)

Question about tipping and what we expect of rich people---do you count someone as a bad tipper if they give you 20% on a 30 dollar dinner but you KNOW they are "rich" and can afford to give you more? I mean, I can't see being famous and then people expecting to get 300% the value of a meal, just because I have more money (or they think I have more money.) And maybe people don't but I'd want to know what people mean by "bad tipping."

Also, while tipping can tie into character (like leaving no tip on a well-served meal) I also know that certain stereotypes are regarded as true when it comes to WHO tips and WHO does not. Would that mean that all those people who fit that stereotype of who does not tip are terrible people or is it a different cultural expectation (or eff it, maybe it is a sign of low character anyway.)

No, I'd be happy with 20% regardless of who's giving it. To me anything below 20% is blah. Anything below 15% is you mother... And anything below 10% I hope you choke on your food and rot in hell. Now my anger might be a little bit more intense if I know the bad tipper has money, but I'm not going to hate on them for not giving me more than 20%. If that makes sense.

As far as stereotypes go, I don't give a ****. If you're a grown person, regardless of your cultural background, you SHOULD know by now how to ****ing tip. And if you don't, you're a piece of ****. Plain and simple.

A team with a much better FO than ours

Seriously? Did you follow the mess that the Jets team became last year and the circus around bad character players like Holmes not to mention the extension they just gave Sanchez. That roster is a mess.

including one of the best defenses in the league

You need to watch some Jets film from last year. Revis is a great player but other than that their defense is slipping.

came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system.

It will be interesting to see how much of that $4M is guaranteed or is a signing bonus. If most of it is tied to base salary or a roster bonus for making the 53 Landry may not see a lot of it because I doubt he makes it through camp or preseason healthy.

This offseason has been disaster after disaster.

It certianly has for your reputation as a poster on ES.

I liked LaRon.

He is/was on my "favorite Skins player" on my profile here on ES. He won't be after I post this, because I'm removing him.

When I heard about him being picked up by the Jets yesterday (I hate the Jets) I was happy for him. Figured I'd still root for him on the Jets. I like the guy as a player, but it was a stupid decision to not get surgery when the team doctors recommended it. Had he done it, he would still be a Redskin. It has nothing to do with ownership or management so stop using that stupid, cliche, ignorant excuse. It's just like saying Obama hasn't done that great because it's all Bush's fault. Bush has been gone for almost 4 years. Dan stopped managing team personnel operations 2 years ago. We have a GM now, and if you think Bruce is still making stupid decisions, please just go back to lurking....go to business school, then post again.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. Landry has majorly pissed me off. As one of his twitter followers, I see the things he has posted all off season, and what he's posting now. He wasn't exactly classy when he was a FA. He retweeted every negative thing that a skins fan would mention him in. He retweeted Cowboys fans wanting him. He retweeted Eagles fans wanting him. Why do that when you know it will piss off the majority of your fans? Now that he is a Jet, he could drop it all. Throw in a "Ready to prove my worthiness of being in the NFL as a #Jet!". But nooooo. He's still posting degrading crap about the Skins, Bruce, and Dan. It's reached the point where I've taken offense. It's just not cool. After hearing his endless ****ing about how management is stupid for cutting a player that refuses to heal and injury and has sat on the sideline for close to if not over 16 games in two seasons...I find myself done. I unfollowed him this morning, and I simply won't be a fan of him even if he miraculously returns to the Skins one day.

Does this hurt him? No. I'm sure he doesnt give a ****. Never said he did. However, I won't be supporting such a classless player.

**** him. He was the first rookie jersey that I ever bought, and he was selfish to the point of choosing barbells over teammates. So much ridiculous potential, and I defended him for years. Now that punk is being such a little girl on his Twitter account, just retweeting people who are sucking up to him and saying that the Redskins suck.

He can kiss my ass and be out of the league. **** you, LaRon.

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 06:54 AM ----------

I liked LaRon.

He is/was on my "favorite Skins player" on my profile here on ES. He won't be after I post this, because I'm removing him.

When I heard about him being picked up by the Jets yesterday (I hate the Jets) I was happy for him. Figured I'd still root for him on the Jets. I like the guy as a player, but it was a stupid decision to not get surgery when the team doctors recommended it. Had he done it, he would still be a Redskin. It has nothing to do with ownership or management so stop using that stupid, cliche, ignorant excuse. It's just like saying Obama hasn't done that great because it's all Bush's fault. Bush has been gone for almost 4 years. Dan stopped managing team personnel operations 2 years ago. We have a GM now, and if you think Bruce is still making stupid decisions, please just go back to lurking....go to business school, then post again.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. Landry has majorly pissed me off. As one of his twitter followers, I see the things he has posted all off season, and what he's posting now. He wasn't exactly classy when he was a FA. He retweeted every negative thing that a skins fan would mention him in. He retweeted Cowboys fans wanting him. He retweeted Eagles fans wanting him. Why do that when you know it will piss off the majority of your fans? Now that he is a Jet, he could drop it all. Throw in a "Ready to prove my worthiness of being in the NFL as a #Jet!". But nooooo. He's still posting degrading crap about the Skins, Bruce, and Dan. It's reached the point where I've taken offense. It's just not cool. After hearing his endless ****ing about how management is stupid for cutting a player that refuses to heal and injury and has sat on the sideline for close to if not over 16 games in two seasons...I find myself done. I unfollowed him this morning, and I simply won't be a fan of him even if he miraculously returns to the Skins one day.

Does this hurt him? No. I'm sure he doesnt give a ****. Never said he did. However, I won't be supporting such a classless player.

What a completely unnecessary analogy. Come on man, you're smarter than to post something like that here.

The rest of your post, however, is A+.

**** him. He was the first rookie jersey that I ever bought, and he was selfish to the point of choosing barbells over teammates. So much ridiculous potential, and I defended him for years. Now that punk is being such a little girl on his Twitter account, just retweeting people who are sucking up to him and saying that the Redskins suck.

He can kiss my ass and be out of the league. **** you, LaRon.

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 06:54 AM ----------

What a completely unnecessary analogy. Come on man, you're smarter than to post something like that here.

The rest of your post, however, is A+.

Yeah. Politics was a terrible decision. Coffee. Drinking more now.

In other news, **** Landry. :)

Just tweeted him because I am equally in need of something to cure stupid. :cheers:

What makes me even more sick are all the Skins "fans" on there saying "Oh, Im a JETS fan now, cause our management is st00pid!"

Maybe there is a silver lining here other than finding out one of my favorite players is actually a douchebag. We lose a percentage of our douchebag fans. They'll fit in just fine with the Jets. :ols::jetssuck:

Laron needed to go. Loved what he did for us in his first couple years, but overall, he didn't end up being the playmaker we expected in the end. Obviously due to injury, but what's the point when he couldn't become healthy after 2 seasons of this. Watch him have a good season, then get his contract, and proceed to suck somewhere. It's happened before with players from all over and Laron fits the type that it can happen for again. I do wish him well, I used to defend him heavily in the past, but I had no problem letting him go.

Consider Brandon Merriweather our version of what I described; I can see him having a good season, but then he'll want to be paid and we'll let him walk.

I just tweeted with Rich Tandler and asked him if there was any breakdown of the $4M 1 year deal Landry got. Richs reply below.

As I suspected very little of that $4M is likely up front or guaranteed. Its a prove it deal. I hope he stays healthy and plays well (unless we play them) but I will be mildly surprised if he stays healthy through camp and preseason and very surprised if he plays 16 games.

Rich Tandler‏@Rich_Tandler

@redskinsfanuk Very little if any, I'm sure. Likely a lot of per-game roster bonuses, will only collect $4 million if he plays in 16 games.

<------ Well this is awkward.

NEVER have your username after a player. Unless they are old players, these modern guys move around too much, Kind of like the jerseys. Cooley is the only modern player jersey I have and it's safe to say he's been around long enough I can continue to be justified in wearing it.

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 08:27 AM ----------

The next carlos rogers... I dont know im very torn by this I loved watching him play for us I love the day we drafted him I loved Area 51....i guess he was hurt the last two years but i dont see how he wasnt an option to at least try to see if his achilles was healed this season seeing the fact that our safeties atm are all average at best...

New regime. They gave him 2 years to get healthy. At some point you have to cut your losses and move on. Shanahan is always about competition at positions and playing the best/healthiest player. Laron couldn't stay healthy. As big a Cooley fan that I am, I imagine this is his "make or break" year in the health department.

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 08:29 AM ----------

This forum has become a mouthpiece for the ShannAllen administration, rubberstamping every move without thought or logic. Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team. He was injured. A team with a much better FO than ours, including one of the best defenses in the league, came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system. We already know with 100% certainty that Landry, when healthy, is an absolute monster in this system. So we have more potential upside (we know Landry is a fit for this system) and less potential downside (our other safeties already suck, no biggie if Laron can't play) yet we still let him walk.

This offseason has been disaster after disaster.

Same system. Both teams play a 3-4. Jets play more man to man on the corners and we play more zone.

What makes me even more sick are all the Skins "fans" on there saying "Oh, Im a JETS fan now, cause our management is st00pid!"

Maybe there is a silver lining here other than finding out one of my favorite players is actually a douchebag. We lose a percentage of our douchebag fans. They'll fit in just fine with the Jets. :ols::jetssuck:

The funny thing here is that my brother is a Jets fan (in Jets country) and he and the rest of his knowledgable brethren are not as nearly as happy as some around here are unhappy. They basically have the view that he is a decent player IF he plays. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Laron hater, but if the guy can't get on the field then he is not doing the team any good....

They actually said that? Did not see it but I will look around for it, terrible if true, Landry was a turd here really. I won't be surprised to see him turn it around for half a season before hitting the sidelines again.

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

nobody should take offense at Landry's constant trashing of the Redskins. It's obvious his heart is broken and he wanted to stay.

Just do what I did, unfollow him :)

Probably the best idea.

They actually said that? Did not see it but I will look around for it, terrible if true, Landry was a turd here really. I won't be surprised to see him turn it around for half a season before hitting the sidelines again.

Yep, and Landry retweeted it. I guess it was about 6:30 am this morning that I read it. Several of them.

This forum has become a mouthpiece for the ShannAllen administration, rubberstamping every move without thought or logic. Laron Landry was one of the best players on our team. He was injured. A team with a much better FO than ours, including one of the best defenses in the league, came in and found him a worthy gamble at $4M per year NOT EVEN KNOWING if he would be a good fit in their system. We already know with 100% certainty that Landry, when healthy, is an absolute monster in this system. So we have more potential upside (we know Landry is a fit for this system) and less potential downside (our other safeties already suck, no biggie if Laron can't play) yet we still let him walk.

This off season has been disaster after disaster.

Talk about hyperbole (pronounced high - per - bow - lee). This off season has not been a disaster in any way, shape, or form. The Cap fiasco that the NFL imposed on us withstanding, our FO has once again done a great job of maneuvering to get what we need to fulfill our plan for the future. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is simply either completely ignorant on the business end of football, or just a pure hater.

Laron was NEVER that great, nor did he EVER come close to living up to his draft position. Saying otherwise reeks of Laron homerism. He had one eight game stretch when he played very good, but eight games in five seasons doesn't and shouldn't get him any of the love that some fans think he deserves. He has blown more plays, tackles, and committed more bone-headed penalties looking for the Sportscenter highlight than he ever made great plays. The guy was injured and refused to follow the advice of team doctors; he couldn't get on the field. Then, he wants a big payday, when he can't play and refuses to get the team advised medical treatment for himself, all the while trashing the team on his twitter account, and some fans actually think that he should have been brought back???

When he is done for the season by week eight, and is riding the pine in New Jersey, I'm sure some of you Laron fans will be back here telling us it was Shanny's fault somehow, right? I guarantee that he will be out of the NFL by 2014, and I will be dishing out crow to all of the supposed Redskins fans who are really just Laron homers.

Archived