Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

This really sucks cause he was one of my favorite players. Mostly because when he was drafted, I had such high hopes for "Area 51." Turns out he's a waste of money and talent. If he came back, I'd be ok with it. But he isn't coming back. And I'm definitely ok with it.

Good luck passing a physical.

O.K so you had "high hopes", but he never delivered so how did he stay as "one of my favorite players". One monster hit a game followed by boneheaded play and being beat vertically more often then not, does not make him a good player. A trade may be the best thing for him because the Skins are certainly not getting good consistent play, from this chronically injured player.

---------- Post added March-14th-2012 at 08:04 AM ----------

I am probably the only person in our entire fan base who wants to bring him back.

I think he is a good player and our options at safety are much much worse.

Explain in detail how he is a consistently good player. Consistent and good go hand and hand IMO. I have certainly watched almost every game he has played in and while he has had some flashes of "good" play he is hardly consistent. He played well down the stretch in 2010 and that is about it.

Millionaires with attitudes ! Most of these guys come from NOT MUCH...Bust their butts for 8-10 years from lil league through college...MAKE it to the NFL...Become the millionaires they dreamed they would be...and then... HAVE ATTITUDES !!!

BTW...loads of people dedicate many years to a career and face potential death and harm daily...I wonder if these guys were in the military or were a Cop/Fireman...and made 4 million a year...would they still complain ??

Imagine a school teacher ****n over 5.8 or 6.1 million ???

AND CALL IN SICK FOR HALF THEIR SCHEDULED WORK HOURS ???

Yeh, then I could be a fan of idiot players who under achieve and call anyone who disagrees with me a douchbag. There's a goal.

And BTW I urge you to continue such behavior here. I'm sure you will go far.

Okay. You criticize Laron Landry and the way he types in his tweets and use that as a basis for questioning his intelligence. Very narrow minded of you. Whoever said he was writing a report in class? Are you a college professor giving out grades? It's twitter. Are you familiar with that? Familiar with Facebook? Familiar with Text Messaging? 9 times out of 10, most people use their mobile devices to converse with those avenues being that they are always on the go. If you are familiar with a smart phone or Blackberry, you will realize that it is not very practical for writing full paragraphs. Everyone, including the wealthiest business owners, lawyers and educated professors have typed things like "c u there", "omg", "lol" etc. Guess that means they are trying to be "thugs" because they are using slang and are not talking in full well thought out educated sentences on a social network. It really just made you sound like a bitter hater by speaking on a subject you do not know, and someone you do not know personally.

And speaking of Laron Landry as a player (because that's all that any of us most likely knows him by), i appreciate what he did here. He was not lazy and seemed like a gym rat (don't know how people can criticize that). It's unfortunate the injuries happen and i feel for him. I don't look at him as a piece of meat and just brush it off that another human being has an injured achilles. My first priority is him healing, not the game of football at the moment. Some fans don't know how to differentiate between a humans life and the sport.

But, it is still a business, so if the skins don't want to offer him anything long term and move on, we respect that. But also we should respect Landry's stance as well as a person and that he has to take care of himself because nothing in the NFL is guaranteed. I guess some fans would be happy for a player to not look after themselves, just accept any low ball offer the home team gives them and then after a couple of years end up homeless on the streets. If they player looks elsewhere, they are ungrateful traitors.

See ya Robert McCune 2 - The Electric Boogaloo.. Don't let the door at GNC hit you on the way way out. Go flex on someone else field after getting trucked or standing around watching a play. You look like you are going 100 mph standing still...

---------- Post added March-14th-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

yahoo sports saying new england is kicking the tires on LL...

Better not kick them too hard. They might go flat again.

Thanks brother, it just upsets me to see someone be that unprofessional. You don't take your agenda to twitter and taunt us. Retweeting Cowboy and Eagle fans? Really LaRon, like we treated you poorly here. Like Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett did nothing but sing your praises. You trashed our training and coaching staff on twitter last offseason and they let you take your approach and all you did was play 7 games last season.

Don't make us the bad guys LaRon. Your, your own worst enemy. We wanted to help you. BYE LARON

The Redskins fans have been taunting him on Twitter. The Eagles and Cowboys fans have been showing support. He's reacting to what he's getting for better or for worse. These threads where fans insult a player left and right, then call out the player if they get the slightest bit defensive, never make sense to me. I understand wanting him gone, but the way our fans turn on players is a bit over the top sometimes. Sometimes a relationship doesn't work out. Do we really need to vilify him to move on?

The Redskins fans have been taunting him on Twitter. The Eagles and Cowboys fans have been showing support. He's reacting to what he's getting for better or for worse. These threads where fans insult a player left and right, then call out the player if they get the slightest bit defensive, never make sense to me. I understand wanting him gone, but the way our fans turn on players is a bit over the top sometimes. Sometimes a relationship doesn't work out. Do we really need to vilify him to move on?

I agree...People on here and everywhere taunt the guy relentlessly...and then expect gratitude from the guy...its ridiculous.

Amen. I can't stand seeing fans disparage their own team's players.

Respect is earned. I am not for mocking the man on twitter, but I am also not posting body builder pix on twitter either.

Laron hasn't done much to garner much support in my book. He is just a name now, in a long list of Skins that hasn't lived up to their own billings.

**you don't see people mocking London Fletcher, for a reason**

Archived