Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I had the same American Sniper experience.  Long line for a Friday matinee.  Pretty crazy, but my old man wanted to see it.

I thought the movie was good, not great.  It was a little too sentimental at times for me, but it's hard for war movies to separate themselves.  They just kinda all bleed together, and I didn't think this movie broke any new ground.  In my opinion, not one of Clint's best works, although pretty solid all around.

Has anyone seen Foxcatcher yet?  Inherent Vice?  Trying to go check those out next week.

I had the same American Sniper experience. Long line for a Friday matinee. Pretty crazy, but my old man wanted to see it.

I thought the movie was good, not great. It was a little too sentimental at times for me, but it's hard for war movies to separate themselves. They just kinda all bleed together, and I didn't think this movie broke any new ground. In my opinion, not one of Clint's best works, although pretty solid all around.

Has anyone seen Foxcatcher yet? Inherent Vice? Trying to go check those out next week.

I felt about the same. It was very good but not great. I didn't know the true story about Chris so it was all new to me.

Still, there were several tough powerful scenes one after another. These are a little difficult for me to watch because t makes me reflect on two brothers who both served multiple Iraq tours. Its an extremely well made movie too so I can't fault Eastwood for anything.

It just doesn't hit the peaks I was hoping for. Bradley Cooper delivers though. Great performance by him.

Worth noting, the movie ends and no music plays during the credits. I have never heard a packed theater so quiet after a movie. Nobody said a word. It was eerily quiet, you could hear a pin drop even as we walked out of the theater into the lobby it was just whispers at most. I've never heard anything like it. The ending certainly makes an impact on you

• Like 1

A Long way Down. A dark, yet feel good comedy about four people who were all going to commit suicide. Pierce Brosnan, toni Collette, Imogen Poots, and some dude I recognized but don't know his name.

Had this one in my queue for nearly a year, finally watched it. Toni Collette might be my favorite actress alive right now.

Dark, depressing, and sometimes a little cliché, but I thought it was great. Pierce was his usual charming self, and Imogen was a spoiled, emo brat. Toni did the most acting in my opinion, and stole the show. 7.5/10.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

The Gambler - I love gambling and Wahlberg so I was excited about this. It wasn't anything special unfortunately but it was a decent way to spend a couple hours.

I was hoping for something profound or meaningful and I think some intent might have been there but it didn't come across that well.

Still, it was entertaining.

These are both streaming on Netflix:

The Retrieval: I am not normally into Civil War/slavery movies and this one is probably not historically accurate, but it was very very enjoyable. In fact, I loved it. To make it short, it is about a young black man and a black bounty hunter that get paid to bring and trick other black folk into being sold. I won't say anymore than that. Not a fast movie, slow, methodical, and will illicit emotions.

9.0/10 - My only complaint was at times it was hard to understand what the actors were saying. But, the actors themselves did a wonderful job.

large_4lXqfr9yHYhohhcoVLg8mWmhbzO.jpg

The One I Love: This is a weird movie even though the description doesn't sound out there.  It is about a couple who are having marriage problems and are sent away to a retreat to over come them.  I can't say more than that or you will know too much.  It is definitely worth watching, however, you will have tons of questions at the end.  Questions that you won't be able to answer.  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  It is not nice and tidy, but the overall premise is different in my opinion.

7.5/10 - Only so low because too many questions were left over, but it is enjoyable.

The-One-I-Love-S.jpg

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2

A Walk Among the Tombstones

Better than I expected and it felt like a throwback to the Bronson films of the 70's...Death Wish mixed with Dirty Harry. Worth a rental, not bad. So much better than his Taken flicks.

I've been meaning to check this one out. Glad to hear you liked it.

Don't think it will be better than Taken but the sequels, yeah I could totally see

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched White House Down.  That was awful (worst movie I've seen since Red Tails).  Left wing's notions of who the real bad guys are in the world manifested themselves quit nicely in this script. Additionally know what happens when an RPG hits the front armor of an M1 tank?  In real life the crew would say "what was that, is someone knocking on the hatch" -in this movie of course the Tank gets blown to pieces.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

Belle. Wonderful film, really enjoyed it. Tom wilkinson, Tom Felton (Malfoy from Harry Potter), and a young black actress I've never heard of, Gugu Mbatha-Raw. SHE IS ABSOLUTELY one of the most beautiful women I've ever laid eyes on.

"Belle tells a true story only lately becoming better known in Britain and remarkable in its details: An illegitimate biracial child, Dido Elizabeth Belle, born to a British admiral and a former slave he loved, is brought up as an orphaned, beloved member of her father's aristocratic family in 1770s Jane Austen-era England. She is so beloved she is painted as an equal with her white sister/cousin, in marked contrast to the usual subservient poses of black people in paintings of the era."

8.5/10. well acted, good pacing, interesting story. Very good movie.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

We saw the trailer for this at the beginning of This is Where I Leave You I believe and really wanted to see it. How did you watch this?

Netflix bluray (mail subscription). Totally worth it, in addition to the streaming service.

This is where I leave you is our next movie in the mail queue. How was it?