Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Gone Girl.

Way ****ed up movie. A slight plot twist was spoiled to me which kinda sucks but didn't ruin the movie. I was hoping for a different, better ending but in general it was a good movie.

I really like David Fincher's direction and Trent Reznor's score. Booth of those get a big plus from me.

Just started watching this tonight.

The Interview. Paid for it because I felt like it was my civic duty to support freedom on speech (and I couldn't find a working download link). It was pretty funny. Rogan and Franco played the same two guys they always play (two bumbling idiots), but still made me laugh. Pretty hard a few times. The dude who played Kim was solid too. I was stoned, but I'd give it a 7/10. Easily worth $5.99 on a snowy Friday night.

I caught part of that, funny ****.  

Yeah he was funny as ever.

I thing about some of these movies about folks smoking recently and most of them still can't hold up to those old movies.

Them smoking the pot that the dog ate...that will never be done the same again.

Don't get me wrong they made some stupid stuff too, that I would never invest more than a few bucks in just having it. Corsican Brothers was one of them iirc.

The Interview. Paid for it because I felt like it was my civic duty to support freedom on speech (and I couldn't find a working download link). It was pretty funny. Rogan and Franco played the same two guys they always play (two bumbling idiots), but still made me laugh. Pretty hard a few times. The dude who played Kim was solid too. I was stoned, but I'd give it a 7/10. Easily worth $5.99 on a snowy Friday night.

A friend bought it, so I watched it.  I'll give it a C+.  It had it's moments and it was your typical Rogan/Franco movie.  I think it was overrated and didn't live up to the hype.  Parts of it was just down right boring.

I'd like to see just what kind of money Sony did make online?

Will this just fade away into history or become a cult classic?

• Like 1

A friend bought it, so I watched it.  I'll give it a C+.  It had it's moments and it was your typical Rogan/Franco movie.  I think it was overrated and didn't live up to the hype.  Parts of it was just down right boring.

I'd like to see just what kind of money Sony did make online?

Will this just fade away into history or become a cult classic?

My guess is cult classic due to the circumstances surrounding it.  Just about everyone is going to watch it now for no other reason than "just because".  Like all movies, some are going to swear it's the best movie ever, this one specifically because of the events (Sony hacked, theaters refusing to show it, available to own via certain media outlets, etc.).

I was going to watch it anyhow because I like Seth Rogan.  

Where did you rent it from? Is it on Vudu?

Me and the wife have the flu and are looking to have a chill night watching that

Unbroken. A lot different from what i was expecting. Theater was packed, a lot of old people crying. Tough to watch at times, but overall a solid flick. Jack O'Connell was brilliant. Couldve been about 20 minutes shorter, but Angelina Jolie wanted us to experience Louis' sorrow, so she dragged a few POW scenes out to make it uncomfortable. It was like Memphis Belle meets Empire of the Sun.

8/10.

Frequencies:  I didn't expect much with this movie.  It is slow.  However, I found it interesting.  I think I will have to re-watch the end so that I can understand it fully.  I wouldn't highly recommend this movie because of its pace.  As I have stated before, I like slow paced movies.

Basically this movie can be summed up as a person's frequency determines their life events.  A girl who has a high frequency and has a everything work perfectly for her meets a boy who has a low frequency and is surrounded by disappointment. 

To me 7.5/10 - Currently streaming on Netflix

tumblr_ngg08qzaDu1s5seglo1_500.jpg

Lovelace - Once again, I did not expect much out of this movie.  However, I really enjoyed it.  I must admit though, that I knew almost nothing about Linda Lovelace prior to this movie, so facts may be missing or stretched.  Not saying they are because I do not know enough of her story to make that claim.  From a person that knows nothing about her, I would give it an 8/10.  I loved Amanda Seyfried in this movie.  I think it is one of her best.

Streaming on Netflix

lovelace.jpg

Odd Thomas: After watching this I found out it was a book.  I have never read the book.  The movie was fun.  It is not as funny as Zombieland, but I would classify it along those same lines.  It calls itself a horror movie, however, there is nothing remotely scarey about it.  I guess this is a series and they plan on making more. 

8/10 - Streaming on Netflix

427956_lg_event_main.jpg

Chef: This has been discussed previously.  It is a good movie although it seems to lag at times.  Even with the lag I would rate it an 8/10.  At the end, I felt like something was missing from the story, but I enjoyed the journey.

Streaming on Netflix in January:

Chef+film+poster.jpg

Interstellar:  O.K. I never go to the theater anymore.  I basically have my own theater at home :)  However, I decided to go see this in the IMAX dome with my wife and a few friends that work for NASA.  The theater was packed.  I am sure it was all NASA employees because of where I live.  People were silent.  It was remarkable in my opinion.  My favorite part was the first planet and the mountains.  I will not say anymore than that and that tidbit doesn't ruin anything for you.  This is a top 20 movie for me of all time.  Loved it.  9.7/10.

interstellar_ver6.jpg

I wouldn't reccomend the Odd Thomas books other than the first one. Dean Koontz created a great character but kind of wasted him with his disappointing story lines. They took out the ghost of Elvis in the movie, which was probably for the best but it was an entertaining aspect in text form. He pretty much haunts Odd and shows up in a variety of moods for no reason at all. You are correct, calling it horror is a stretch. Mystery with fantasy/horror elements is more accurate. It doesn't take itself to seriously and tries to be fun.

I like the book and the movie.

How to Train Your Dragon 2. Awesome flick, better than the first one (which was good). A lot more action in this one. Toothless is the cutest dragon of all time. 7.5/10

Not sure if it was better than the first. It was cool though, especially watching the big dragons throw down. It did seemed to ignore the first one and create new rules however which bugs me. Also, they better explain that mess toothless was able to do too, can't leave me hanging like that with no back story. Next one better be HtTyD3: We're finally going to tell you about the only damn Dragon that matters! Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

My bad, I think I got caught up in the monster dragon battle lol.

Maze Runner. I enjoyed it. Decent action, and they had me curious the entire time as to what the **** is going on.

Picture Lord of the Flies meets The Labyrinth, meets Divergent/Hunger Games. I know the dystopian young adult revolution genre is crowded these days, but Maze Runner was a cool flick. First of four or five movies I believe, there's five books.

Fetus & Destino, thanks for the Odd Thomas heads up. I've Had It In My queue For months, Haven't Watched it yet. I absolutely love Anton Yelchin, he might be one of my young actors. Movie sounds interesting enough, but haven't seen it. Now I'll watch it