Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Hunger Games. Good movie, totally different tone from the first two...obviously. definitely a setup for part 2, but a lot of good stuff in this one. Jennifer had to do a lot more acting in this one, and she did a good job. 8/10

Penguins of Madagascar - Funny and entertaining movie for kids. My son was happy to see it on opening day. I give it a B+, the people that write these make them silly enough for both adults and kids.

Also saw Big Hero 6 recently. Animation was great, story just kind've okay but really sad when you put the whole picture together like the story was just a C to me.

Still see people bas mouthing Transformers- that series holds such a place for my family and even though it is mindless action theres always one part where they manage to jerk a tear out of me.

"Thanks for Sharing."  Streamer on netflix.  Mark Ruffalo is a sex addict, and Tim Robbins is his sponsor.  As part of his recovery, Ruffalo is not supposed to masturbate of have sex unless in a committed relationship.  he meets Gwenyth Paltrow and she does sexy dances for him...but he can't hit it.  kinda funny, but also a realistic look into the world of sex addicts.  i have a newfound respect for their struggle, its just as real as alcoholics or drug addicts.  pretty decent indie movie, 7.5/10

Say what you want about Gwenyth Paltrow, but shorty's got an ass on her.  damn.  I guess that really was her ass in Shallow Hal.  I thought it was a stand in model.  nerp.

• Like 1

The Fault in Our Stars. I really liked this film. It flet forced at times, but I thought it was an above average cancer drama. Very well acted, and I thought the story was great. Wife and I both had something caught in our eyes at the end. Tugs at the heartstrings big time. 7.5/10. Definitely worth the watch on Netflix or hbo.

"Walter Mitty"

I like Ben Stiller. And I liked this movie. Just sappy enough that the wife really enjoyed it with some nifty cutaways, and plenty of the good humor he can be capable of..  and scenically terrific ...Greenalnd, Iceland, Himalayas.. pretty cool visually. I'd say if you hadn't seen it and you had thought about it, i'd recommend it.  3.25 out of 5 stars.

~Bang

• Like 1

Finally saw Interstellar last night.  I thought some of the pieces didn't really fit together, like the flow of it seemed off at times.  I think Nolan is at his best when he goes the escapist route and doesn't get too bogged down in meditating on things.  I thought it came off a little heavy handed in spots.

Nolan is without a doubt one of the best working right now.  I'm a huge fan of his work.  The guy takes risks, and that's what I admire the most about him.  I'm at the age now where I've seen so many films, I appreciate any film that dares to be different, whether it ultimately works or not which is entirely subjective anyway.  

This movie has to be seen in the theater, I don't care how big your TV is at the house.  It's certainly worth the cost of admission. :)

I can't go to a movie theater alone, man. Can't do it.

Just do it!  Not a big deal.  I went to the movies by myself for the first time earlier this year to see 300 2 while the wife was outta town, it wasn't nearly as bad/awkward/creep feeling as I thought it would be.  In fact, I rather enjoyed it.  Could spread my legs out without the wife next to me ;)  And if you're going to see a manly or wild movie like 'Stellar, you're good.  Now if you went to see the sing-a-long version of Frozen by yourself, you might get some weird looks LOL

Only problem going to the movies by yourself--there's nobody to ask "what'd he say?"  LOL

• Like 1

I'd have to go alone. The gf is out of the country. I can't go to a movie theater alone, man. Can't do it.

I want to echo youngchew.  I remember feeling the same way until I actually did it.  Going to a movie by yourself is awesome, like some sort of therapy/yoga session.  It's not like eating at a nice restaurant by yourself which feels sorta lonely and awkward.  It's great.  And now, since I'm back on the dating train, I don't really get to do it anymore.  

I envy you man!  Get yourself a matinee ticket in the middle of the week and rock it out!

edit..and the short before the movie should win something come academy time.

My wife and I debated which was better on the way home from the theater, the short film about the dog or the main movie we went to see.  It was a nice surprise to get that thrown in there for free. 

Edge of Tomorrow. I thought it was a fun movie. Really nifty looking bad guys and the action and plot were solid. Though he may be a weird dude, Tom Cruise makes some interesting Sci fi thrillers. 8/10.

Emily Blunt's mouth is one of the sexiest things on earth.